Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
It's a relative term Lado O. The general public are the ones who read newspapers etc. 2 different audiences completely.
Where do you think footy journos get their information and opinions from? Right here! :D

Where do you think footy journos get their information and opinions from? Right here! :D
“And we cross live now to a developing story where one distraught Bulldogs fan has gone online to express their outrage against the football media, accusing them of sourcing all their information and opinions directly from the Big Footy forum. So far there has been no response from the proposed media offenders…“

**newscast disclaimer: poster may not actually be distraught, outraged or accusatory, but that doesn’t sell a story now, does it 😂😂

So, you agree you said "the forums remain secret to the general public"? Surely you understand what secret means?

I just think it's important that people remember when they come up with wild theories, that the forum is not "secret", anyone can look at them, including the families of the victims and the accused.
These forums are not the newspapers or the 6 o'clock news.! Yes whilst they are technically accessible to anyone who wants to register a username it's for people who are seeking to talk about something they are interested in. As far as Wild Theories are concerned you should perhaps ask yourself not sure what point you are trying to make? You make a STATEMENT you think it's important when they come up with "WILD THEORIES" isn't that what you do too.? I think for you to make the statement is ludicrous when you are are a contributor? You have simply made a mountain out of a molehill LO and this is going nowhere so I'm signing off. LOL :think:

And as his words are barely out of his mouth, a drone flies overhead, and an off-camera gun shot blows it out of the sky!

Cue dramatic music... or TISM's Thunderbirds are Coming Out perhaps?!
'5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....'

Yes it's funny that. It is called BigFooty. Footy is where it all started by the sounds of it. ;)
Maybe RH took his pigskin along, having a nice little kick to kick with CC, and GL cracked the shits coz they wouldn’t let him play. (more believable than some of the other wild theories on here of kinky deer-play 😂)

I’m thinking that Alan Joyce has been trying to infiltrate the CWA for years to get their carrot cake recipe for in flight snacks. Both RH and GL were in on it and when RH finally confronted CC (Carol Clay = Carrot Cake) for the recipe she then stabbed RH but was ultimately shot by GL in self defence.

Carrot cake recipe goes to the grave.

I’m thinking that Alan Joyce has been trying to infiltrate the CWA for years to get their carrot cake recipe for in flight snacks. Both RH and GL were in on it and when RH finally confronted CC (Carol Clay = Carrot Cake) for the recipe she then stabbed RH but was ultimately shot by GL in self defence.

Carrot cake recipe goes to the grave.
Nothing beats moms special recipe home made carrot cake.

By the way if the Valley is one of the most remote camping spots in Victoria there would be no need to camp under the radar? Who would be there? There was a BB worker a deer hunter and a Pilot. I can't get my head around that one, what am I missing LOL.? :think:;)
My first post and I hope I don’t ruffle any feathers. That is not my intention.

I started by recognising that if RH was going to massage the truth, then it was most likely to avoid his wife becoming aware/suspicious that CC was accompanying him on the camping trip. It seems that his relationship with CC was an open secret within the radio club and was accepted if not approved of.

I think we need to consider if RH’s wife might have been listening in to the nightly radio call. I remember an early news article saying that she would often listen but not participate because she did not have a licence. This started when RH was working in remote areas without phone reception and was unable to call home. (I imagine that RH had a home radio set up similar to that of the club president as shown on the 60 Minutes investigation.)

So, could RH have lied about camping on the HHP on the night of 19/3 to prevent his wife from becoming concerned? Is it possible that by spending too many nights in that particular camp site he could have raised her suspicions that CC was with him?

If we accept RH may lied about camping at HHP on 19/3, and we have independent witnesses who place him in WV on this day, then we may need to revisit the claim that he was at King Billy the previous week. Is there any evidence other than a radio call to his club (that his wife might have listened to) that puts RH at King Billy? Or did he really travel to WV to set up a ghost camp as others on this thread have suggested? Hopefully LE will have phone records to confirm his whereabouts.

Finally, and I am not confident this would have happened, but if RH was aware of his wife listening to his radio calls, then he may have avoided mentioning any difficulties between himself and GL. This would be to prevent his wife from becoming worried (and maybe vetoing future solo camping trips). It could also be that RH could not bring up any GL interactions that had occurred over the last 2 days without somehow coming unstuck with his previous lies to the club, and by extension, lies to his wife. At the same time, if there was any serious aggression coming from GL before the 6pm radio call then surely RH would have put safety first and moved camp?

sorry for such a long first post. I am off to see if I can find the article that refers to RH‘s wife listening to his radio calls.

I started by recognising that if RH was going to massage the truth, then it was most likely to avoid his wife becoming aware/suspicious that CC was accompanying him on the camping trip. It seems that his relationship with CC was an open secret within the radio club and was accepted if not approved of.

I think we need to consider if RH’s wife might have been listening in to the nightly radio call. I remember an early news article saying that she would often listen but not participate because she did not have a licence. This started when RH was working in remote areas without phone reception and was unable to call home. (I imagine that RH had a home radio set up similar to that of the club president as shown on the 60 Minutes investigation.)

So, could RH have lied about camping on the HHP on the night of 19/3 to prevent his wife from becoming concerned? Is it possible that by spending too many nights in that particular camp site he could have raised her suspicions that CC was with him?

If we accept RH may lied about camping at HHP on 19/3, and we have independent witnesses who place him in WV on this day, then we may need to revisit the claim that he was at King Billy the previous week. Is there any evidence other than a radio call to his club (that his wife might have listened to) that puts RH at King Billy? Or did he really travel to WV to set up a ghost camp as others on this thread have suggested? Hopefully LE will have phone records to confirm his whereabouts.

Finally, and I am not confident this would have happened, but if RH was aware of his wife listening to his radio calls, then he may have avoided mentioning any difficulties between himself and GL. This would be to prevent his wife from becoming worried (and maybe vetoing future solo camping trips). It could also be that RH could not bring up any GL interactions that had occurred over the last 2 days without somehow coming unstuck with his previous lies to the club, and by extension, lies to his wife. At the same time, if there was any serious aggression coming from GL before the 6pm radio call then surely RH would have put safety first and moved camp?

sorry for such a long first post. I am off to see if I can find the article that refers to RH‘s wife listening to his radio calls.
You raise some good points re Robyn possibly listening in on the radio but if he is at the Valley on the 20th and had a disagreement with GL there is no reason not mention it. For me personally it's all irrelevant because the Police already know due to checking Russell's phone pings just like they found it Russell's phone pinged at the same time Lynn went through the Hotham CCTV cameras. So the Police know if Russell was where he said he was and we are speculating because of the Deer Hunters statement. But yes the more I think about it Russell could have been very wary of getting caught by his wife as his daughters didn't know about Carol. I believe Robyn wasn't surprised when she found out though. As I said I'm sure the Police know where he was already.

Hi Estella and welcome! Great first post, and some really firm points re RH maybe not wanting to raise the suspicion of his wife. Just on the King Billy camping trip, the police seem confident that they have firm evidence that RH really was up at King Billy the week before. But that’s not to say that he didn’t take the loooong way home and detour down into the WV for a brief time and set up a dummy site. I don’t think we know what time he got home from that trip, so he could’ve just taken his sweet time and spent all day driving.

“Police today said they had confirmed Mr Hill was camping alone with his Landcruiser in the area of the King Billy and Bluff Track between March 11-13.”

Last edited:

Great post, interesting points. As Terrafirma and Irma have said, there's probably evidence he was where/when has been reported, but certainly adds an interesting context. Great contribution to the discussion though.

Yes and the Magistrate said after the committal quote "Brett Sonnet today told the court he had "considered the totality of evidence" and believed the evidence presented to the court had "sufficient weight to support a conviction". Will be interesting to see if Lynn considers a plea? Is he that kind of guy or the one like Bradley Robert Edwards who says nothing, won't reveal where Sarah's body is etc, and stays silent to the end.?

Remeber Borce Ristevski was like this, didn't say a word to coppers. They eventually found his wife's body and right before trial they did a deal for manslaughter instead of going to trial for murder. I thought that strange, the evidence seemed there for the typical spousal domestic violence turned into murder scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You raise some good points re Robyn possibly listening in on the radio but if he is at the Valley on the 20th and had a disagreement with GL there is no reason not mention it. For me personally it's all irrelevant because the Police already know due to checking Russell's phone pings just like they found it Russell's phone pinged at the same time Lynn went through the Hotham CCTV cameras. So the Police know if Russell was where he said he was and we are speculating because of the Deer Hunters statement. But yes the more I think about it Russell could have been very wary of getting caught by his wife as his daughters didn't know about Carol. I believe Robyn wasn't surprised when she found out though. As I said I'm sure the Police know where he was already.

I guess GL has probably given evidence on what happened on the 19th. The famed white dual cab owner seems to be a key witness in the case - surely in the interests of the prosecution for him to give his statement about what happened on the 19th. Even better for the prosecution if they could get testimony that GL was threatening to other campers / RH etc.

Remeber Borce Ristevski was like this, didn't say a word to coppers. They eventually found his wife's body and right before trial they did a deal for manslaughter instead of going to trial for murder. I thought that strange, the evidence seemed there for the typical spousal domestic violence turned into murder scenario.
Borce got off lightly didn't he, 9 years from memory.? He put the act on later too. 9 years is extremely light for a dead wife IMO.
P.S. I think it was later increased to 13 years?

Last edited:
After reading through this thread, may I offer a simple observation. Forget all your Police proc0curals TV series or crime movies

The prosection doesn't have to rum a minutae on what white car was there the day before unless it has relevance to the commision of the crime and the allegef offernder's state of mind at the time of the offernce is only relevant to the sentencing process if convicted.

The commital has been presented with facts that both the victims and the alleged offender were at the same place at the same time and two people died

It is up to Crown to prove that they died as a result of the alleged offenders actions to kill or commit serious injury to the victimes (whether premeditated or not)

The alleged offender may state it was an accident or self defence (doubt he will take the stand though)

A couple of questions I have though. the alleged offender is fire arm savvy, being a regular shooter and hunter a member of Gun Clubs; he would know that in Victoria it is illegal to carry a loaded gun in a vehicle and at the very least,unsafe practice.

The defence suggested that Hill saw the gun in the vehicle and grabbed it and it went off in the struggle hitting Clay.

My firearms training is 40 years old, but i do remember not loading the gun until you intended to use it.

Possibly a strugle over a loaded gun with a safety off? Who loaded the gun and why? Was the safety off already?

There's a part of intent already

The tent could have been burnt due to a massive blood stain on it. Clay was shot in the back of the head IIRC, running away? Small Blood stains on the side of the vehicle were not reported at the time of discovery? How far away was the piece of her skull found so that it wasnt found until later?

A Bullet was found at the burial site. Relevance?

The search on the Hothamm Road, lookimg for the last pinged contact with Hills Phone, Lucky they found a shovel so the Police could hide what they were looking for (maybe even found?)

A shot gun blast to the head does major damage. Maybe an alibi was already thought up and the desecation was done to support that story so there was not enough evidence left to determine the weapom. Oe course if he congratulayed himself caught on the taps.....

Interestingto see how the prosecution will tell the story in Court without any back story to pad put 90,minute telemovie

After reading through this thread, may I offer a simple observation. Forget all your Police proc0curals TV series or crime movies

The prosection doesn't have to rum a minutae on what white car was there the day before unless it has relevance to the commision of the crime and the allegef offernder's state of mind at the time of the offernce is only relevant to the sentencing process if convicted.

The commital has been presented with facts that both the victims and the alleged offender were at the same place at the same time and two people died

It is up to Crown to prove that they died as a result of the alleged offenders actions to kill or commit serious injury to the victimes (whether premeditated or not)

The alleged offender may state it was an accident or self defence (doubt he will take the stand though)

A couple of questions I have though. the alleged offender is fire arm savvy, being a regular shooter and hunter a member of Gun Clubs; he would know that in Victoria it is illegal to carry a loaded gun in a vehicle and at the very least,unsafe practice.

The defence suggested that Hill saw the gun in the vehicle and grabbed it and it went off in the struggle hitting Clay.

My firearms training is 40 years old, but i do remember not loading the gun until you intended to use it.

Possibly a strugle over a loaded gun with a safety off? Who loaded the gun and why? Was the safety off already?

The tent could have been burnt due to a massive blood stain on it. Clay was shot in the back of the head IIRC, running away? Small Blood stains on the side of the vehicle were not reported at the time of discovery? How far away was the piece of her skull found so that it wasnt found until later?

The search on the Hothamm Road, lookimg for the last pinged contact with Hills Phone, Lucky they found a shovel so the Police could hide what they were looking for (maybe even found?)

A shot gun blast to the head does major damage. Maybe an alibi was already thought up and the desecation was done to support that story so there was not enough evidence left to determine the weapom. Oe course if he congratulayed himself caught on the taps.....

Interestingto see how the prosecution will tell the story in Court without any back story to pad put 90,minute telemovie

Welcome. This has all been covered in the 245 pages of this thread. Glad to have you on board.

Great 1st post. You may a good point re the suggestion Lynn had a loaded gun in his car ready to fire. We know this is most unlikely for a host of reasons, the gun could go off with Lynn in the car and Lynn would know that. So yes the more likely scenario is Lynn loading the gun for a reason. I can't see Hill going to Lynn's car to grab an unloaded shotgun and then finding the ammo to then load the gun to threaten Lynn? So if Lynn has a loaded gun then yes that suggests some form of intent? (Unless the deer were running around the campsite :p)

Next court date is in May (11th May according to another article), for an administrative hearing which will determine the exact date the trial will begin. Also looks like the police have yet to retrieve RH’s and CC’s phones, but that search will happen soon.

Accused High Country killer Gregory Lynn could face a jury trial as early as October as the Supreme Court looks to run the case out of Melbourne.

The 56-year-old former airline pilot faced the Supreme Court for the first time on Thursday after a magistrate committed him to stand trial last month.

Last edited:
So, you agree you said "the forums remain secret to the general public"? Surely you understand what secret means?

I just think it's important that people remember when they come up with wild theories, that the forum is not "secret", anyone can look at them, including the families of the victims and the accused.
Would be nice if people considered this while spewing up completely improbable, offensive, hateful accusations against innocent parties in other threads.

Next court date is in May (11th May according to another article), for an administrative hearing which will determine the exact date the trial will begin. Also looks like the police have yet to retrieve RH’s and CC’s phones, but that search will happen soon.

Accused High Country killer Gregory Lynn could face a jury trial as early as October as the Supreme Court looks to run the case out of Melbourne.

The 56-year-old former airline pilot faced the Supreme Court for the first time on Thursday after a magistrate committed him to stand trial last month.

October is early? Next Tuesday is earlier 🙂

Seems like Lynn's direction hearing already came and went. Next hearing in May (Trial in October) and saying the murder trial could take 6 months? That's if the prosecution want to play all the recordings they have? That's going to increase Lynn's legal costs I would have thought? The prosecution apparently will only rely on a small number of recordings. That could shorten the trial to 8 weeks?

Seems like Lynn's direction hearing already came and went. Next hearing in May (Trial in October) and saying the murder trial could take 6 months? That's if the prosecution want to play all the recordings they have? That's going to increase Lynn's legal costs I would have thought? The prosecution apparently will only rely on a small number of recordings. That could shorten the trial to 8 weeks?

What about us? What are we supposed to do for the next eight months? We’ve already run out of theories and scenarios 😡

Slight tangent, but I just realised Irma are the last 4 letters of Terrafirma - hmmmm ;)
If you have a look at my profile pic, you’ll figure out where the name comes from, as well as one of my absolute all time fav book/movie from my childhood (and why I love a solid mystery) 😊 I can’t vouch for Terrafirma though! 😂

Last edited:
Back