Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

I don't know about illegal activities, but he's not some kindly gent just wandering around the bush having friendly chats with those he encounters. He actively seeks to creep people out and takes delight in their discomfort. If I'm travelling alone I will avoid areas where any trouble may lay, and his potential presence is definitely one of those.

I don't know about illegal activities, but he's not some kindly gent just wandering around the bush having friendly chats with those he encounters. He actively seeks to creep people out and takes delight in their discomfort. If I'm travelling alone I will avoid areas where any trouble may lay, and his potential presence is definitely one of those.

See that just makes me love him even more

Did your friend end up attending on the 6th, or any word on if it still scheduled to start on the 13th?
Subpoena (on more pointed questioning) was to be available from 6th. Still hasn't been actually called in yet...
The stillness of the airwaves/net on this seems odd, until you remember that there is another very fresh investigation going on that is no doubt occupying a good chunk of the crime reporter crew.

Will report back when I hear anything.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Subpoena (on more pointed questioning) was to be available from 6th. Still hasn't been actually called in yet...
The stillness of the airwaves/net on this seems odd, until you remember that there is another very fresh investigation going on that is no doubt occupying a good chunk of the crime reporter crew.

Thanks Badd0g. Hopefully things will get underway soon, at least for the sake of the families. It’s so hard waiting for this sort of thing to finally get to trial, life really hangs in a weird kind of suspension until it‘s dealt with.

Last edited:

Would it be safe to say that there was a gag order on media reporting of the preliminary hearing?

Regardless of the other highly public case ongoing right now any opening arguments would surely have the press all over it?

Where could one find details of the next hearing?

Would it be safe to say that there was a gag order on media reporting of the preliminary hearing?

Regardless of the other highly public case ongoing right now any opening arguments would surely have the press all over it?

It’s really inconsiderate of them not to tell us at BF what’s going on.

Candace Sutton is usually across the true crime stuff. Come on Candace we need an update.

Back in the dim dark ages, Trials included testimony from a whole gamut for witnesses, such as surveyors, business owners, landlords, which were invariably never cross examined.

In the Russell Street Bombing matter, Justice Vincent directed the then unheard action of holding a preliminary hearing to cull witnesses whose evidence was not under dispute.

If I remember correctly, the preliminary hearing was not reported

There's probaly a whole lot of evidence, that the DPP have that has no bearing on the matter and the preliminary hearing is the Judge hearing both the Prosecution and the Defence arguing about what evidence shoild be entered into the trial.

Nothing to report as it has no bearing on the eventual trial (other for conspiracy theorists on BF)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If as GrayRanga suggested they're arguing about admissibility of evidence we often aren't told what it is. I'd assumed they'd already done that behind the scenes.

It will probably be a jury trial as well, so there's still jury selection to get through.

If as GrayRanga suggested they're arguing about admissibility of evidence we often aren't told what it is. I'd assumed they'd already done that behind the scenes.

It will probably be a jury trial as well, so there's still jury selection to get through.

I was under that impression too. Makes sense now to me why there is little coverage.

Only a jury trial if he pleads not guilty right? So maybe that’s what they’re working out now. Murder is a hard charge to prove.

Only a jury trial if he pleads not guilty right? So maybe that’s what they’re working out now. Murder is a hard charge to prove.

Through covid, there was a plan in Victoria to offer judge only trials but I don't know if it went through or not.

A jury trial will limit us a bit in here, we'll have to be more careful for example than when we covered the Calaremont murder trial when it was judge only.

Through covid, there was a plan in Victoria to offer judge only trials but I don't know if it went through or not.

A jury trial will limit us a bit in here, we'll have to be more careful for example than when we covered the Calaremont murder trial when it was judge only.

Yeah I still don’t totally understand the Claremont/WA process. They’re a little different when it comes to that and I haven’t made my mind up whether it’s better or worse. Seemed to have got through the trial pretty quick when it was on which is a feature I like.

Yeah I still don’t totally understand the Claremont/WA process. They’re a little different when it comes to that and I haven’t made my mind up whether it’s better or worse. Seemed to have got through the trial pretty quick when it was on which is a feature I like.

It’s true. West Aussies are a little bit different.

Preferable a deal is done to put GL in jail for 20+ years regardless of what the charge is. A highly public trial is not a good thing for the families of the victim.

Preferable a deal is done to put GL in jail for 20+ years regardless of what the charge is. A highly public trial is not a good thing for the families of the victim.
I want to hear why he did it and how he did it. A plea deal is a cop out if we don't hear the details.

I want to hear why he did it and how he did it. A plea deal is a cop out if we don't hear the details.

I doubt there's ever going to be a repeat of how this went down (two completely unrelated parties crossing paths with one party ending up dead in the middle of nowhere).

So while it is interesting I don't see it actually matters as long as justice is served.

I doubt there's ever going to be a repeat of how this went down (two completely unrelated parties crossing paths with one party ending up dead in the middle of nowhere).

So while it is interesting I don't see it actually matters as long as justice is served.
I think the big thing the public want to know is how Carol ended up dead? I mean, just looking on the surface, GL has put forth that Russell’s death was accidental, so we can easily imagine 2 men having a scuffle and it ended in tragedy with Russell losing his life.. But Carol? That’s the piece that isn’t as easy to get your head around in that scenario.

I want to know what GL’s version of the accounts are. I know what I expect him to say, but still naturally curious to hear what it is.

Back