• North

Votes: 66 12.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 70 12.9%
  • Essendon

Votes: 31 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're reading way too much into a game with West Coast missing Hurn, Natanui, Shuey, McGovern, Cripps, Darling, Yeo, Barrass, Ryan, Cole, Petrevski-Seton and Culley. Then Jones went off in the first half.

That's 8 of their best 13 players and 13 of their best 25 or so. Of course they were going to be completely uncompetitive.

Before that Hawthorn were 1-8 with a percentage of 60 while having one of the best injury runs in the competition.

So they were missing a bunch of guys in their 30s who are a year or 2 away from retirement. Yeah, that would have made their list so much stronger.

I think you're reading way too much into a game with West Coast missing Hurn, Natanui, Shuey, McGovern, Cripps, Darling, Yeo, Barrass, Ryan, Cole, Petrevski-Seton and Culley. Then Jones went off in the first half.

That's 8 of their best 13 players and 13 of their best 25 or so. Of course they were going to be completely uncompetitive.

Before that Hawthorn were 1-8 with a percentage of 60 while having one of the best injury runs in the competition.
The bolded are extremely injury prone and close to retiring. Yeo is also extremely injury prone, and he might be 29, but he has experienced a huge drop in form even when he has been playing.

Barrass and Ryan are certainly important parts of their rebuild, but they're hardly cornerstones of the future. Cole and SPS, the less said the better.

They might have been hit with a disastrous injury run, but * me, that's such an unbalanced list (age:talent). You'd hope the rebuild doesn't turn out to be North levels of bad, but it doesn't seem far off.

Far and away the worst list in the AFL right now.

Back