WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gee glen manton was good today, doesnt get enough credit from anyone in this comp
all means nothing watched my first game of local footy today for years,i know albion won but spotty are that much better it does not matter............altona on big ground only danger....spotty will win flag.

all means nothing watched my first game of local footy today for years,i know albion won but spotty are that much better it does not matter............altona on big ground only danger....spotty will win flag.

isnt that what everyone said last year n albion won the premiership.

i think its only between two myself;)

your comments mean nothing if that was your first game in years, albion best footy is played on the big grounds. get your facts right before making silly comments muppet!!!
spotswood and albion are both a class above the rest easily

I thought Manton was BOG in the GF last year. Was surprised when he wasn't awarded the medal. Had the biggest influence on Spotty's decision making when going forward.

must have been a muscle spasm to cause his knee to drop into someone who was on his back pinned to the ground.
reputation for whacking the defenceless m&f

Mate best you watch some more local footy then,in particular Albion games.If you seriously think they are not at least equal favourites for the flag or at the very least the main danger your tripping.

Also Altona as the only danger to Spotty is laughable.What has been the margin between the two over the last 3 or 4 clashes ? Altona need to win a final first before they can even be mentioned of being a worthy opponent to Albion or Spotty.Their performance last year in an elimination final on their own deck against a seriously depleted St Albans was insipid to say the
least.:eek:

your comments mean nothing if that was your first game in years, albion best footy is played on the big grounds. get your facts right before making silly comments muppet!!!
spotswood and albion are both a class above the rest easily
Class above?
Albion beat Hoppers by a kick, and Altona by 3 goals when the scores were level at 3/4 time!
To say they are a class above, both will have to easily beat Altona when they play, which is 2 and 3 weeks away.
So a bit premature on that call I reckon!

A class above is the right statement! When and who was the last side to kick 10 goals in the first quarter against the benchmark of the competition? Not forgetting albion having 17 on the ground. The free kick count would be interesting too, i'd bet spotty had plenty more, especially forward! And with Albion missing Tymms, Bench and Pearce! I know who should be favourtie for the flag!

must have been a muscle spasm to cause his knee to drop into someone who was on his back pinned to the ground.

Noit much to say about the Spotty dog Ayton who should have been sent off 3 times, sniping elbows?????

What's that got to do with how well he played? Last I heard, it's Best on ground not best and fairest on the ground.

Mate best you watch some more local footy then,in particular Albion games.If you seriously think they are not at least equal favourites for the flag or at the very least the main danger your tripping.

Also Altona as the only danger to Spotty is laughable.What has been the margin between the two over the last 3 or 4 clashes ? Altona need to win a final first before they can even be mentioned of being a worthy opponent to Albion or Spotty.Their performance last year in an elimination final on their own deck against a seriously depleted St Albans was insipid to say the
based on what i saw across 4 quarters i think spotty are the better team..............but thats only my view and may well be wrong only time will tell..........as for altona i have not seen them but have heard they are young and very fit,with several vfl players that might play finals.thats why i thought on the bigger finals ground they might be a danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must not know much about Altonas squad, they had 5-6 players out for that match! Not to mention the 3 players they had missing for the entire year. All talk about the past is pretty useless, as in the 3 weeks, we will know where Altona stands, either with Spotty and Albion- or not.

You must not know much about Altonas squad, they had 5-6 players out for that match! Not to mention the 3 players they had missing for the entire year. All talk about the past is pretty useless, as in the 3 weeks, we will know where Altona stands, either with Spotty and Albion- or not.

Ha - Same old Altona.. They spend all year talking themselves up, great youth, big grounds, bla bla, then when they get flogged they always use injuries as an excuse! they have no credits yet to be spoken about in comparison with Albion or Spotty!

How people can still comment that Albion arent a threat is beyond me.. They have beaten spotty in 2 finals and on there own ground, yet there potential flag favourtism is still questioned! albion has there fair share out on saturday, yet killed the game in 1 quarter of footy!!

i think there is a lot of jealous clubs out there of Albions recent success, and one thing Albion havent had the luxury of saying the last decade is - they probably have the best bunch of kids on the comp playing each saturday! (by kids i mean, players under 21)

NOT ! Talk about past results is not useless at all they are fact,especially when pickles keep getting on here and continually spruik Altona as the next challenger to Spotty or the next powerhouse of the comp blah blah blah.

Spotty hand Altona their arse every time they play them and as stated before Altona got their chance on the big stage last year come finals time and were embarrassed on their own ground by an undermanned St Albans.Make finals,win a final and then they actually
might become serious opposition to Spotty or Albion because regardless
of players in, out, VFL listed or otherwise they are not near the top 2 and are no certainty to even be top 3 as at this stage last year they were in the same spot as they are currently and we all know what happened there. :eek:

Went and checked out Hoppers Vs Altona saturday

Not a bad game surprised it was so close thought Altona would kick away from them in the 2nd quarter with the wind but Hoppers did a good job and played some good football

Good to see Miles kick the sealer in the last surprised he could come out after half time with all the tough stuff coming his way off the ball lol must have been really intimidating so many tough guys to contend with

Was great to see Fletcher back down there the blokes a gun and a ripper bloke also was shocked to see Matty Young in the reserves im guessing his had injuries thats the only thing i could think off to keep him out of the ones

Spotswood and Albion are a class above with a couple of teams pretty even behind them

Went and checked out Hoppers Vs Altona saturday

Not a bad game surprised it was so close thought Altona would kick away from them in the 2nd quarter with the wind but Hoppers did a good job and played some good football

Good to see Miles kick the sealer in the last surprised he could come out after half time with all the tough stuff coming his way off the ball lol must have been really intimidating so many tough guys to contend with
Was great to see Fletcher back down there the blokes a gun and a ripper bloke also was shocked to see Matty Young in the reserves im guessing his had injuries thats the only thing i could think off to keep him out of the ones

Spotswood and Albion are a class above with a couple of teams pretty even behind them

You having a lend? speaking to Milesy after the game and he said how good of a job our young guy did on him, nothing was off the ball and Milesy would tell you that him self but cool story anyway.

You having a lend? speaking to Milesy after the game and he said how good of a job our young guy did on him, nothing was off the ball and Milesy would tell you that him self but cool story anyway.

Nah few blokes were roughing him around in the first half which i found pretty funny but have to expect that from your old club i never said that he had a good game who ever played on him did do a good job

Hoppers guardian angel maybe you can answer my question why was Matt Young in the reserves

Any chance glen orden are going to announce thier new appointment? Isnt that what clubs do when they take a step like this, they get on the front foot united announcing thier new savior?

What did fastuca do to get the axe? Why is his replacement better? Or does no one care as glen orden have become irrelevant to wrfl division one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back