Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly our great country has never had a more inept dumb fu** PM ever.

What a joke this tool is and we are doomed with Morrison in charge calling the shots.
If you're unhappy with the measures, direct your anger at the chief medical officer, Murphy.

I've worked with some real s**t campaigners in Federal and State public service.

I've never met one that I had less faith in than Marshall. How the * is this guy our chief medical officer? Who's dick did he suck to get this job?

What a s**t show. Lol

It's chilling to know that a guy that doesn't have the mental capacity to brush his own hair, or tuck his shirt in has handled this better in the long run.

Wowee

Is it even legal under the constitution for the Australian govt to say “you cannot travel”? Anyone a constitutional lawyer here?
Well I got good marks in Constitutional Law back in the day. The Australian Constitution is quite light on. Contains virtually no rights, apart from right to freely exercise religion and an implied freedom of political communication. The states actually hold most of the power. Any power lies with the states until it is written in the Australian Constitution or referred to the Commonwealth by the states (they referred company law and family law).

The federal governmemt has full control of the international border, customs etc, and the states can basically put in any restrictions they like as long as it's permitted by the state constitution or Bill of Rights (which are light-on as well).

Australians have very few express rights. Governments can get away with these movement restrictions politically because it's not restricting only black people, only Labor voters etc.

easy to call the PM in this situation a prick, well he is

but theres some good decisions and logic, many wont agree but fine

but i just feel like there's no plan, how about at one of the meetings developing a plan ok we are here and if it increases the next step is this

or what else he sees being restricted etc, doesnt need to be a surprise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it even legal under the constitution for the Australian govt to say “you cannot travel”? Anyone a constitutional lawyer here?

The powers of Health ministers in emergency epidemics have been written in law since the Spanish influenza epidemic. So I’m pretty sure it’s legal.
The constitution says that there can be no barrier to trade between the states. I think that’s still okay under the states closing their borders.

Hopefully that figure of employing 5,000 people is true. People are in desperate need of jobs and existing APS staff shouldn't just be redeployed.

We shouldn't ignore the fact that these campaigners have made about 5000 DHS workers redundant since they came to power 6.5 years ago.

Hopefully that figure of employing 5,000 people is true. People are in desperate need of jobs and existing APS staff shouldn't just be redeployed.

one is required for communication training for a leading public official

88% of cases in Italy had one two or even more underlying factors, so did they actually die of Corona ?.

I would like to see the graph again against using the whole population and then another with suspected cases, it can be extrapolated out.

And of course using mortality rates just aint kosher according to everybody yesterday because they are not in remission yet.
You do know most elderly people that die, have multiple health related issues.

And exactly what would you do differently?
Isolate everyone now for 3 weeks minimum. Aussies are to stubborn to be asked to do something without being forced to.

Follow NZ who are doing everything right and not Italy who we are mirroring from 4 weeks ago.

Don’t ask ******* tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back