Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Half of all cases could be asymptomatic. Half!

My conspiracy theory is that heaps of us had it in January, but it doesn't cause as much damage in warmer climates.

Surely that recovery number is under reported. Victoria have almost 300 recovered on their own.
According to the ABC website
Across Australia, at least 337 people have recovered. This figure underestimates the true number of recoveries because it is reported in only four jurisdictions — Victoria, WA, the ACT and Tasmania — and only Victoria reports this figure daily.

I'm in bed and I just heard the distinctive low whooshing of an airliner passing over at full altitude. Turns out it was a Qantas flight from Sydney to Perth.

I looked at the world map on flightradar24 and there are still thousands of airliners in the air - mostly people being rapidly repatriated no doubt.

Did anyone else see our Deputy Chief Medical officer say that we can't beat the pandemic without a vaccine and THERE'S NEVER BEEN A SUCCESSFUL FOR ANY TYPE OF CORONAVIRUS!!

Said it could take 18 months to develop. How depressing is that?!

I can't imagine people putting up with these restrictions for more than 2-3 months. Even kids playgrounds are getting shut now.

There's a succesful vaccination pool right here:

Across Australia, at least 337 people have recovered. This figure underestimates the true number of recoveries because it is reported in only four jurisdictions — Victoria, WA, the ACT and Tasmania — and only Victoria reports this figure daily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least with Chernobyl, you could escape/evacuate to a safer place. With COVID-19, the entire ******* world is a disaster zone. Thank you, Wuhan. Well done.

They are the largest human population residing in the second largest land mass on the planet, so when mutated viruses emerge, China is the statistical favorite.

2 million to die predicted in the USA with strict social distancing

20 states currently have no measures
No, that number of up to 2.2m deaths is with no mitigation whatsoever.

With social distancing and the other lockdown measures that are in place in is predicted there will be between 100,00 and 240,000 deaths due to COVID-19

Models warn of 240,000 coronavirus deaths in United States
Estimates of between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans dying this year because of the coronavirus convinced President Donald Trump to extend social distancing guidelines, federal public officials said.

And that grim scenario would be worse without intervention, with a projection of as many as 2.2 million deaths, according to White House coronavirus response coordinator Deborah Birx.

I reckon I had it a month ago. Had a fever I felt like and minor runny nose for 2-3 days. Bit of Nurofen and two hot days and sun and it went away.
I reckon I might have had it in Japan late January where I was living at the snowfields. Had a bad chest cold/ bronchitis type deal for a about 3 or 4 days, couple of days headache, coughed up loads of loogies then came good. Housemate had the same.

On KFMAWI using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are the largest human population residing in the second largest land mass on the planet, so when mutated viruses emerge, China is the statistical favorite.

The South China University itself (yes, a university in China) identified the cause of the virus as originating from Wuhan's "Institute of Virology". WTF were they doing in there? And if they were a legit "Institute of Virology", why have contributed NOTHING to the mitigation of this virus?

I'm loathed to indulge in conspiracy theories, but the details that keep emerging about this "institute" are highly disturbing. Even if you do not entertain the theory that they are the cause of the virus, the fact is that this "institute" is virtually useless given that they failed to contain the virus from propagating worldwide, or offer any solutions to mitigating it. Why do they even exist? They offer nothing, NOTHING to humanity. Just shut them down.

Last edited:
I reckon I might have had it in Japan late January where I was living at the snowfields. Had a bad chest cold/ bronchitis type deal for a about 3 or 4 days, couple of days headache, coughed up loads of loogies then came good. Housemate had the same.

On KFMAWI using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hokkaido? I think they had an outbreak there then. You should sign up for a serology test, although that might get you put in a database.

Why has this not happened in other concentrated cities like Tokyo, Singapore, New York, London or Paris? Just a ******* coincidence that it happened in a city with an "Institute of Virology" (I'm not suggesting anything apart from it being an incredible coincidence), an "institute" that was ******* useless when it came to stopping the spread of this virus.

Seriously, tell me what this "Institute of Virology" has contributed to humanity? Why should they be allowed to continue to operate if they contribute NOTHING?

ABC numbers are out of date. We have 438 recoveries now.

Vic = 343
WA = 64
ACT = 8
Tas = 5

Qld = 8*
SA = 6*
NSW = 4*
NT = 0*

The South China University itself (yes, a university in China) identified the cause of the virus as originating from Wuhan's "Institute of Virology". WTF were they doing in there? And if they were a legit "Institute of Virology", why have contributed NOTHING to the mitigation of this virus?

Where's the research paper?

Why do they even exist? They offer nothing, NOTHING to humanity. Just shut them down.

The compass
Paper
The abacus
Horticulture
The decimal system
Lithography
The boat rudder
Gunpowder
The clock
Silk production
The blast furnace
Alcohol
The wheelbarrow
Tea
The horse stirrup
Iron casting
Porcelain
The seismograph
Herbal medicines
The microbial battery

Neither do I, except for the fact they did nothing at the beginning to stop the spread of the disease and infected the entire world!

So what’s your position on the US, Sweden, Switzerland, Iran, Indo etc

What about nations who fail on road deaths, diabetes, cancer, nears disease and the flu?

Please note my post was on Chinese not china, racism and hatred

i agree ..... but Chinese food is pretty bland s**t.

Is that racist ?.

To each their own but you've not had Sichuan stuff before? Dunno what your tolerance for chilli heat is because it's fairly loaded with both chilli and peppercorns, but sichuan claypot and gong bao is anything but bland.

Damn. I'm hungry now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back