Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

They are a small part to blame yes. But Scumo has been beyond poor this whole pandemic. I legit can’t imagine a worse job that he’s done. If he’s re-elected I’ll fall off my chair.
Keep telling yourself that mate. Victoria has been an utter failure from the start, whilst arrogant politicians peddle nonsense about being a standard bearer.

Australia had quarantine facilities in most states going back to Federation.
Sure, but lack of demand has killed them over the years, like victoria closing Covid testing sites weeks after coming out of lockddown last year and then having to scramble to reopen them again a few weeks later

Keep telling yourself that mate. Victoria has been an utter failure from the start, whilst arrogant politicians peddle nonsense about being a standard bearer.

Point is it's not the great unknown like you tried to imply

They handled the Spanish flu, leprosy, typhoid, and so on. This is the first Australian govt in our history who has said quarantine is not a national responsibility

So the one run by the federal govt (until recently) that is more than doubling its capacity?

Australia was one of the first countries in the world to implement mandatory hotel quarantine, it has been an enormous success and has been copied (in most cases too late) elsewhere in the world.

We also have more vaccines than either willing vaxxers, or that the states can administer.

Vics contact tracing and overall covid response has been poor from the start, keep blaming the feds though, I am sure it makes you feel better.

I’m not sure who you think you’re replying to but I’ve pretty consistently said both the federal and state governments have very much failed at managing this properly.

Point is it's not the great unknown like you tried to imply

They handled the Spanish flu, leprosy, typhoid, and so on. This is the first Australian govt in our history who has said quarantine is not a national responsibility
The states wanted to run HQ because they didn't trust the government to do a better job, 5 states can claim they weren't wrong.

I’m not sure who you think you’re replying to but I’ve pretty consistently said both the federal and state governments have very much failed at managing this properly.
Sorry mate, only the first line was on response to your quote.

Haha trust me mate right now I can’t stand the Vic government and want heads to roll ASAP. So I’m with you 100%.

The states wanted to run HQ because they didn't trust the government to do a better job, 5 states can claim they weren't wrong.

Wrong

We had a federal quarantine plan, it was home quarantine. When you got off the plane you went home and self quarantined. Only problem was people ignored the restrictions. 30% went shopping and the way home, and the majority left their house at least once to hit Chaddy or the pub during their 14 days.

This failed system forced the states to intervene, just like they were forced to intervene and take over vaccine delivery

If you look at where home quarantine has worked, it's been in countries where you had to agree to electronic monitoring

Wrong

We had a federal quarantine plan, it was home quarantine. When you got off the plane you went home and self quarantined. Only problem was people ignored the restrictions. 30% went shopping and the way home, and the majority left their house at least once to hit Chaddy or the pub during their 14 days.

This failed system forced the states to intervene, just like they were forced to intervene and take over vaccine delivery

If you look at where home quarantine has worked, it's been in countries where you had to agree to electronic monitoring
Home quarantine failed, but was a strong measure comparative to other countries at the time.
The national cabinet decided on HQ.

The Vaccine program is not going well. The decision to prioritise people based on age/vulnerability was the right one, but supply is outstripping demand due to complacent idiots, anti-vaxxers and a fear of AZ. It looks like states are now moving to less vulnerable cohorts to make sure the vaccines are used before the expire.

Home quarantine failed, but was a strong measure comparative to other countries at the time.

The Vaccine program is not going well. The decision to prioritise people based on age/vulnerability was the right one, but supply is outstripping demand due to complacent idiots, anti-vaxxers and a fear of AZ. It looks like states are now moving to less vulnerable cohorts to make sure the vaccines are used before the expire.

It’s funny, Danny boy at the hq inquiry said he knew nothing about hotel quarantine until they entered National Cabinet that day, yet still his supporters keep peddling this myth it was his and the states brainchild

If the states loved it so much, why did they end up sending cops to peoples doors?

The issue with the vaccine rollout is distribution and confidence.

Distribution was ****ed because noone knew how much vaccine they would receive on any given day, yet people had to book for the vaccine weeks in advance. GP's hated this from day one. The policy should have been simple. Tie a vaccine to a punter and let them nominate a location where it can be administered with booking arranged same time.

Confidence has been trashed in AZ thanks to the media bombardment, and Hunt doing stupid stuff like saying there is no rush to get vaccinated and people can wait for the alternatives

Wrong

Imagine having 2600 contact tracers just following peoples movements in their home quarantine (with a monitoring watch on).... someone leaves their home, bang ring the police! that must make too much sense!!!

I think the only negative was what happens to someone visiting their home or people they live with. There has to be another way surely??!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the states loved it so much, why did they end up sending cops to peoples doors?

The issue with the vaccine rollout is distribution and confidence.

Distribution was f’ed because noone knew how much vaccine they would receive on any given day, yet people had to book for the vaccine weeks in advance. GP's hated this from day one. The policy should have been simple. Tie a vaccine to a punter and let them nominate a location where it can be administered with booking arranged same time.

Confidence has been trashed in AZ thanks to the media bombardment, and Hunt doing stupid stuff like saying there is no rush to get vaccinated and people can wait for the alternatives
I never said the states loved anything?

The Aust Govt didn't know how much they were getting, it was a logistical nightmare, they were stupid by bragging about how well they were doing before the stocks landed, but apart from setting false expectations the outcome is the same.

Most countries in Europe and Canada paused AZ due to concerns. Blaming Hunt is a bit rich, for a few weeks there it looked like a real concern.

I have had my first Pfizer shot, I would get AZ if the only option but if it was AZ or wait a few months i'd probably wait too. Pfizer is 3 weeks between shots, and AZ 3 months. So you can wait 2 months for Pfizer and still be fully vaccinated quicker.

Imagine having 2600 contact tracers just following peoples movements in their home quarantine (with a monitoring watch on).... someone leaves their home, bang ring the police! that must make too much sense!!!

I think the only negative was what happens to someone visiting their home or people they live with. There has to be another way surely??!!

Yep, visitors is the only negative, but that's where the Asian countries had massive penalties for doing it (off mem one actually sent you into detention for a violation)

I never said the states loved anything?

The Aust Govt didn't know how much they were getting, it was a logistical nightmare, they were stupid by bragging about how well they were doing before the stocks landed, but apart from setting false expectations the outcome is the same.

Most countries in Europe and Canada paused AZ due to concerns. Blaming Hunt is a bit rich, for a few weeks there it looked like a real concern.

I have had my first Pfizer shot, I would get AZ if the only option but if it was AZ or wait a few months i'd probably wait too. Pfizer is 3 weeks between shots, and AZ 3 months. So you can wait 2 months for Pfizer and still be fully vaccinated quicker.

That's a cop out. Plenty of companies have whole infrastructures around planning the distribution of short notice short shelf life products (milk is the best example).

Their problem was they thought ordering the stuff was the end task. They ignored the number one rule of international trade which is until it's in your DC you don't have s**t. They didn't plan for the supply chain.

That's a cop out. Plenty of companies have whole infrastructures around planning the distribution of short notice short shelf life products (milk is the best example).

Their problem was they thought ordering the stuff was the end task. They ignored the number one rule of international trade which is until it's in your DC you don't have sh*t. They didn't plan for the supply chain.
ok granted

We need more people to come forth and actually get it though, thats the big issue at this point, not supply.

The aged care rollout on face value is a disgrace.

teasing! they need to detail a clear path with milestones - until we see it is just hot air.
yes, and this needs to come from both federal and state levels; currently there is no forking leadership out there at all

i think the australian population would not submit to that; but I could be wrong.
This is what is being done in Singapore (the home monitoring)

Imagine the civil liberties brigade. Conditions way better than HQ yet people would lose their s**t.

ok granted

We need more people to come forth and actually get it though, thats the big issue at this point, not supply.

The aged care rollout on face value is a disgrace.

Aged care and disability is a massive fail

For the rest it's about rebuilding confidence. Having the health minister say there is no rush doesn't help. Just imo

1) make it easy. The states learnt from OS experience, and it's mass vac centres allow you to avoid supply shocks (no failed appointments, so no reluctance to book). Feds should be pushing this over the shitty gp model

2) get your people on sky News and the hun and hammer home this is safe. And offer bulk billing for anyone who has vaccine complications

Aged care and disability is a massive fail

For the rest it's about rebuilding confidence. Having the health minister say there is no rush doesn't help. Just imo

1) make it easy. The states learnt from OS experience, and it's mass vac centres allow you to avoid supply shocks (no failed appointments, so no reluctance to book). Feds should be pushing this over the shitty gp model

2) get your people on sky News and the hun and hammer home this is safe. And offer bulk billing for anyone who has vaccine complications

The GPs were pushing heavily to be involved, with the theoretical advantage that smaller groups so less crowded environment and delivery by trusted health figure
Unfortunately it also meant training lots of people to give a relatively small amount of vaccine each and could not achieve economies of scale + the cold chain issues
I suspect also that Feds only have influence over GPs, states control hospitals and (probably) the ability to set up vaccination hubs (stupid useless federal/ state division s**t)

The GPs were pushing heavily to be involved, with the theoretical advantage that smaller groups so less crowded environment and delivery by trusted health figure
Unfortunately it also meant training lots of people to give a relatively small amount of vaccine each and could not achieve economies of scale + the cold chain issues
I suspect also that Feds only have influence over GPs, states control hospitals and (probably) the ability to set up vaccination hubs (stupid useless federal/ state division sh*t)

Agree, and on the surface it made sense, but this same approach didn't work overseas (USA had big issues where appointment based arrangements were needed. Either people overbooked and got angry about the wait, or people no showed)

Imagine the civil liberties brigade. Conditions way better than HQ yet people would lose their sh*t.

Sitting in a hotel eating hotel food for 2 weeks vs sitting at home for 2 weeks with no visitors and the people you live with have to stay home too. I know what I’m taking!

Sitting in a hotel eating hotel food for 2 weeks vs sitting at home for 2 weeks with no visitors and the people you live with have to stay home too. I know what I’m taking!
It ain't hotel food like room service, its catered by the health dept, they limit booze and you don't get new sheets/towels etc..

Home, kitchen, coles delivery, backyard, dan murphys delivery, foxtel...easy choice for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back