Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

why? most poli's dont draft laws, they have people who do that for them. that doesnt even make them a qualified lawyer, its a degree most of these idiots took to just say "hey, I studied law :)"

parliament was better when we had a more diverse selection of past work experiences (and both major parties are guilty of this)
Having less educated people is never a good thing.

politciians need to know why certain laws exists. What thé basis of law is. What values underlie our laws.

same goes for the economy and political philosophy. Politicians need to have skills and knowledge in these areas. This takes years of training. Not on the job briefings.

you do not want a diverse selection of workforces as those people won’t have adequate skill sets. If you go down that path we will turn into a third world country where idiot populists like Trump and Pauline Hanson rule the roost.

politciians need to know why certain laws exists. What thé basis of law is. What values underlie our laws.

same goes for the economy and political philosophy. Politicians need to have skills and knowledge in these areas. This takes years of training. Not on the job briefings.

you do not want a diverse selection of workforces as those people won’t have adequate skill sets. If you go down that path we will turn into a third world country where idiot populists like Trump and Pauline Hanson rule the roost.

Nurses, teachers engineers, scientists, and many mining and farming peeps now are required to have tertiary qualifications.

Doing half the job to become a lawyer doesn't make you more educated than someone with a PhD in Ag science

Nurses, teachers engineers, scientists, and many mining and farming peeps now are required to have tertiary qualifications.

Doing half the job to become a lawyer doesn't make you more educated than someone with a PhD in Ag science
It’s not about being educated for education sakes. It’s about being educated in the areas you need to have knowledge in to be a good politician.

if you are going to have an economic vision for thé country you need to have a background in economics. Preferably a good one.

if you are going to make laws in the country you are going to want to have a background in law. and yes it is politicians who make the laws. Lawyers just defend and argue over the laws politicians make. The main goal of a law degree should be to become a politician to make laws. Not to be a lawyer.

Likewise the main goal of an economics degree is to become a politician and make good economic policy. not to forecast the whims of idiot politicians who have no understanding of economics.

whenever you get politicians without backgrounds in economics and law and political philosophy you just politicians whose main priority is pork barrelling for their local area and an interest in a couple of niche topics. They have no concept of what good economic policy is, nor what geopolitical norms are nor why our laws exist as they do. They trash all thé good work that has been done to create society because of ignorance.

Last edited:

I’m not sure that the current crop have gained any skills from those types of university degrees.

It’s not about being educated for education sakes. It’s about being educated in the areas you need to have knowledge in to be a good politician.

if you are going to have an economic vision for thé country you need to have a background in economics. Preferably a good one.

if you are going to make laws in the country you are going to want to have a background in law. and yes it is politicians who make the laws. Lawyers just defend and argue over the laws politicians make. The main goal of a law degree should be to become a politician to make laws. Not to be a lawyer.

Likewise the main goal of an economics degree is to become a politician and make good economic policy. not to forecast the whims of idiot politicians who have no understanding of economics.

Again, they are not lawyers and they definitely do not draft the bills they submit. Even private member's bills are outsourced for drafting

I’m not sure that the current crop have gained any skills from those types of university degrees.
Most likely because this crop are uni types that get drafted into student politics or union work where they are groomed and taught the debate and politicking side of things. Kinda like teaching the dog to chase the ball but not preparing it for what it does once it gets it. Also these types become entitled given its now more about expectation that they are next on the ticket.

That may be partially true. Although I would argue we would be in a worse situation if we had Alex christensens, Pauline Hanson’s, bob katters and Jacquie lambies in our main parties.

we don’t go backwards and just get rid of education. We make it a requirement to be educated and focus on economics and political philosophy a little more rather than just law. I would also include pyschology as well.

That may be partially true. Although I would argue we would be in a worse situation if we had Alex christensens, Pauline Hanson’s, bob katters and Jacquie lambies in our main parties.

we don’t go backwards and just get rid of education. We make it a requirement to be educated and focus on economics and political philosophy a little more rather than just law. I would also include pyschology as well.
I can agree that there needs to be diversity of educative and life experiences for the political group.
Unfortunately there’s probably something about the political system which promotes useless campaigners

I can agree that there needs to be diversity of educative and life experiences for the political group.
Unfortunately there’s probably something about the political system which promotes useless campaigners
Yes This is a problem. You have to have certain views to get into either political parties In our country.

but atleast if they are educated then there is some constraint. It’s much easier to create yes men if those who get in don’t have the education base to question their biases And leanings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes This is a problem. You have to have certain views to get into either political parties In our country.

but atleast if they are educated then there is some constraint. It’s much easier to create yes men if those who get in don’t have the education base to question their biases And leanings.

Most people develop attitudes from their parents & early life experiences. Not all, but most I'd say.

Studying anything gives one at least moderate skills in reading, gaining information, researching, analysis, argument & presentation. They should be able to question their own beliefs.

I'd prefer to deal with people that have an education, &/or have an educated & logical mind than those schooled via antisocial media. Certainly those who are ideologically (left or right or whatever) or religiously brain washed (Christian or Muslim or whatever) or sit in front of Sky Channel all day.

I paid 180 thousand net in taxes last year.

yes most of that is paid just so I don’t go to jail.

It’s a completely unjust amount of tax I pay compared to my peers. Many of whom pay no net tax.
and that bloody div 293 as well as automatic excess contributions cap that we can't control (would love to reduce my super to contribution cap and get the rest as post tax dollars but this is not legal, apparently)

Ive done some research myself

Is there any country in the world who lockdown over 40 cases?

Ive looked and cant find any. The strictest ive found myself is Singapore

So they locked down albeit less then Melbourne (no formal business closures, just restrictions). Albeit they had 50+ cases in a day before they decided to do anything after a month of 100+ cases

Is it not weird we are 4 times more stringent on our lockdowns in Vic or in W.A 100+ times more stringent on our lockdowns then anywhere else in the entire world?

Ive done some research myself

Is there any country in the world who lockdown over 40 cases?

Ive looked and cant find any. The strictest ive found myself is Singapore

So they locked down albeit less then Melbourne (no formal business closures, just restrictions). Albeit they had 50+ cases in a day before they decided to do anything after a month of 100+ cases

Is it not weird we are 4 times more stringent on our lockdowns in Vic or in W.A 100+ times more stringent on our lockdowns then anywhere else in the entire world?

Its because we achieved zero for a sustained period I think (which is something we fell ass backwards into rather than the original suppression aim, which would probably have been aiming for low number of new cases/ day - 20 - 50 or so, masks indoors and on public transport, stay home if symptomatic that sort of thing). Singapore also have everyone on a ID bracelet so they know if you break you lockdown/ quarantine and I imagine would make contact tracing a lot easier.

Its because we achieved zero for a sustained period I think (which is something we fell ass backwards into rather than the original suppression aim, which would probably have been aiming for low number of new cases/ day - 20 - 50 or so, masks indoors and on public transport, stay home if symptomatic that sort of thing). Singapore also have everyone on a ID bracelet so they know if you break you lockdown/ quarantine and I imagine would make contact tracing a lot easier.

In what part of political decision making is your optimum achievement your entire goal though? Its a sure fire way to failure ultimately for a country.

In all honesty the only example I can think of is North Koreas nuclear program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back