Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

Stuff like this going on in India must be a big wakeup call that while they are a country on the up, they are still a long way off competing with the big boys.

Don't let anyone tell you there's an 'under-class' in Australia. People in this country who complain about standards of living don't know how good they have it.

Don't let anyone tell you there's an 'under-class' in Australia. People in this country who complain about standards of living don't know how good they have it.
Oh for God’s sake.

You know nothing.

What sort of patronising bullshit is this?
Not at all.

Observation is many young indians (lets call them the Kohli generation) are extremely confident in themselves and their country, see it as India's destiny to be one of the "big boys" alongside US, UK, China, Russia etc.

These horrific sights are a tragic wake up call of how far they still have to go. America despite its screw ups with the virus for instance, now is pumping out vaccines by the boatload and is on the mend. China despite causing this whole thing is now back to normal etc etc. India sadly is on a different covid path.

Not at all.

Observation is many young indians (lets call them the Kohli generation) are extremely confident in themselves and their country, see it as India's destiny to be one of the "big boys" alongside US, UK, China, Russia etc.

These horrific sights are a tragic wake up call of how far they still have to go. America despite its screw ups with the virus for instance, now is pumping out vaccines by the boatload and is on the mend. China despite causing this whole thing is now back to normal etc etc. India sadly is on a different covid path.

To be fair your initial comment was pretty patronising, although I did take it to mean something like you’ve since described.

Not at all.

There's no big boys etc. look at america, riots against police brutality, lack of infrastructure in marginalised communities, some with lack of clean drinking water, systemic racism. China who are wiping out an entire ethnicity in Uighars and if you aren't Pro Chinese govt then you'll be forced into an 'education' camp. Give it up with all this big boys nonsense talk. Just be happy we live in Australia, we truly are a lucky country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that's the case when you has mass funeral pyres and an overstretched bureaucracy not known for its efficiency at the best of times.
India isn't devoid of bureaucracy and will notice people missing.

The way covid deaths would slip through the cracks is if they weren't diagnosed prior to their death - but we will see how many people are missing once it's over there.

I'm sure we'll never know, but given 70-odd million live in slums there must be a few unnoticed deaths (in an official sense).
That's possible. That's a huge number for 5% of their population. The numbers out of India are going to be shocking, their average deaths per day over a long period of time is 25,750 - half a stadium every day.

But it's a population of 1.3 billion. The numbers are going to be huge.

The challenge is to find out how they performed on outcomes compared to the rest of the world.

That's possible. That's a huge number for 5% of their population. The numbers out of India are going to be shocking, their average deaths per day over a long period of time is 25,750 - half a stadium every day.

But it's a population of 1.3 billion. The numbers are going to be huge.

The challenge is to find out how they performed on outcomes compared to the rest of the world.
I know this is conspiracy, but are they doing some of this deliberately to purge the lower class?

Doing some of what?

Explain in detail.
Probably not able to say much in detail - I mean by letting the illness get out of control (so not spreading it on purpose but not doing as much to stop it)? It has a large population particularly in lower classes that might become difficult to pay for as the country continues to rise. I am only asking a question really.

Probably not able to say much in detail - I mean by letting the illness get out of control (so not spreading it on purpose but not doing as much to stop it)? It has a large population particularly in lower classes that might become difficult to pay for as the country continues to rise. I am only asking a question really.

Unless someone has some demographic data to show otherwise I don't think we can look at this as genuinely as we can with China - which is about to hit a point where a large portion of their population will need to be supported by their single child who is needed to work - or the state covers the cost for them.

I would think India should see the people living in poverty as a huge growth market that if they can be lifted out of poverty via employment they will see their economy grow quite a bit.

If we are talking politically there could be an argument that India wants to target the virus to their undesired Muslim population - who they have gone after with their citizenship lists etc, especially in the North. Remember when the media there was running stories about how it was being spread by that group of people their government doesn't like a whole lot?

We should look into where their vaccinations were targeted.

Unless someone has some demographic data to show otherwise I don't think we can look at this as genuinely as we can with China - which is about to hit a point where a large portion of their population will need to be supported by their single child who is needed to work - or the state covers the cost for them.

I would think India should see the people living in poverty as a huge growth market that if they can be lifted out of poverty via employment they will see their economy grow quite a bit.

If we are talking politically there could be an argument that India wants to target the virus to their undesired Muslim population - who they have gone after with their citizenship lists etc, especially in the North. Remember when the media there was running stories about how it was being spread by that group of people their government doesn't like a whole lot?

We should look into where their vaccinations were targeted.
More a political long game for a fast growing nation (similar to China) - looking how they target the vaccines will probably be telling as you say.

Like I said, it’s only a question on whether their government would be evil and strategic or good but accept more to do.

There's a very wide space between "deliberately purge the lower class" and "inept government" or "unwilling to pay".

More a political long game for a fast growing nation (similar to China) - looking how they target the vaccines will probably be telling as you say.

Like I said, it’s only a question on whether their government would be evil and strategic or good but accept more to do.

Never forget simple incompetence (Modi's BJP was still holding mass rallies until very recently and his health minister thinks cow urine can be used to treat Covid) and tradition (people gathering for Ramadan and Hindu festivals on the Ganges).

On the political side of things, it's not a higher versus lower caste framing. BJP probably does quite well amongst the poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back