WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put that main event on a month ago and the crowd would have been dead as a doorknob.

but give it some hype, some build and make them both look strong in the lead up, and you get a crowd a absolutely eating it up.

It helps that they are actually allowed to show their personalities and uniqueness.
btw Walter definitely ate that knee legit

That’s the specific rumour that makes me raise my eyebrow. Why would he go back? He’s been pushed as a semi top guy in New Japan Strong waiting for Japan to open up again, and he’s part way through a G1.

If he turns up in February after New Japan contracts typically expire, that’s one thing - but if he left when he’s part way through a G1, that makes him a jerk who screwed everyone as soon as Uncle Paul called. (Including the other TMDK guys who are almost definitely getting more work cos of the TMDK faction in Strong.)

Everything I’ve heard about him is that he’s one of the great blokes, so it sounds unlikely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It may not be immediately but I suspect he'll be back when he's available. Can't bring everyone back straight away. Becomes aew then

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the show again. I liked that the Drew/Bloodline feud actually ran through most of the show rather than an obvious segment at the start and end. Also doing a good job pushing Kross, Sami and now Moss through their main feud.

The main event was simple but great. They just made two guys feel important and gave them 20 minutes to put on a great match. Crowd loved it, and even with eating a clean pin Shinsuke comes out looking good.

SmackDown was really good. But these are some of the rumours I've heard on Twitter from a source that correctly predicted Dexter Lumis and Karrion Kross returning days before they happened:

- Gunther vs Sheamus is set to be the Intercontinental Championship match in Cardiff, Sheamus was supposed to confront him after the main event but the segment got cut.

- Drew McIntyre is set to get a really special entrance at Cardiff, Broken Dreams is set to make a one night return as his theme song.

Some draft plans:

- 12 NXT 2.0 call-ups expected, including Toxic Attraction, Legado Del Fantasma, Cameron Grimes, Indi Hartwell, Ilia Dragunov etc.

- Drew McIntyre and Karrion Kross will be drafted to RAW, one of them will be returning with the WWE Championship.

- Street Profits will be split up

- Sami Zayn will return to RAW to reform his tag team with Kevin Owens, possibly bringing the RAW Titles back as well.

- Charlotte Flair to RAW

- Becky Lynch to SmackDown

- Toxic Attraction to SmackDown

What an odd technicality to suggest that Hit Row isn't Hit Row ;)

Missing the leader and worker of the group isn’t enough to suggest it’s not still Hit Row?

Tell me the Horsemen are still the Horsemen without Flair. (WCW proved all you needed was Flair for it to be the Horsemen.)

Tell me Evolution are Evolution if they reformed without Triple H.

Tell me Imperium is Imperium without GUNTHER.

Tell me Suzuki-Gun is still Suzuki-Gun without Minoru Suzuki.

You want me to go on?

The notion that we just accept it as it was before and just ignore the huge gap is mind numbing mark s**t.

If you want to watch without an uncritical eye, that’s fine, you do you - but don’t go bringing that mark bullshit trying to defend it as though you’re giving a critical opinion.

Missing the leader and worker of the group isn’t enough to suggest it’s not still Hit Row?

Hit Row is still Hit Row, pretending that they aren't because Swerve is absent is a strange technicality and an odd hill to die on IMO.

Evolution was still Evolution at Wrestlemania 20, despite Triple H not being part of the match against Rock & Mankind.

Suzuki-Gun still continued to exist in NJPW despite Minor Suzuki spending a year in the US.

The New Day is still the New Day despite Big E being injured.

The notion that we just accept it as it was before and just ignore the huge gap is mind numbing mark s**t.

If you want to watch without an uncritical eye, that’s fine, you do you - but don’t go bringing that mark bullshit trying to defend it as though you’re giving a critical opinion.

Throwing around terms like "mark" because people disagree with you is sad mate.

The main event was simple but great. They just made two guys feel important and gave them 20 minutes to put on a great match. Crowd loved it, and even with eating a clean pin Shinsuke comes out looking good.

It was a good television main event that was made to feel important - but holy s**t some people have lowered the bar.

I fear that Nakamura has become like some of the Indy stars who openly joined WWE at the end of their career cos you don’t have to work as hard in the ring.

I was watching his WK match with Ibushi the other day (was considering it for match of the week) and his Finn Balor match from NXT a few weeks ago. Yeah, he’s older, and he took a shitton off his bump card in New Japan… but we’re not watching the same guy. Bums me out, cos * he was good. But he couldn’t have been made to feel less important over his WWE career.

I think I’m better off not watching it based on this thread!

Is the transition from Max Durpi to LA Knight going to happen soon? Noticed he was still hanging around Mace and Mansoor.

It looked like they were building towards a split. I see Maxine Dupri moving with the gimmick to Los Lotharios and then LA Knight, Mace & Mansoor all get repacked. Especially Mansoor before the next Saudi show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me the Horsemen are still the Horsemen without Flair. (WCW proved all you needed was Flair for it to be the Horsemen.)

Tell me Imperium is Imperium without GUNTHER.

You want me to go on?

Mate the NWO was still the NWO even with the splits of Nash Hall and Hogan to seperate sides.

DX was still DX when HBK was booted the first time.

The Nation was still the Nation when Faarooq was out who was the leader.

Solid episode and I am enjoying these changes that are being made, like the new faces as the majority of roster had become stale over the last 6 months.

Looking forward to more debuts or reintroductions and hopefully use of some talent better

Think what’s noticeable is all the talent being brought back didn’t go out and s**t can WWE, and sook and whinge when released. All remained professional and didn’t burn any bridges.

I think it’s telling when you compare to some others who did go that route, and now find themselves to be what looks like in creative purgatory elsewhere and failing to make much of an impact.

Hit Row is still Hit Row, pretending that they aren't because Swerve is absent is a strange technicality and an odd hill to die on IMO.

100% agree.

Plus, the majority of the audience would be absolutely unfamiliar with who Hit Row even is, outside of what, 2 weeks? And that was months ago.

They can package up Hit Row as anything they want now.

Contract signing between Liv and Shayna was awesome I love Shayna she better win at Clash at the Castle don't like that cry baby Liv Morgan never seen such a weak champion lols she's not champion material booked horribly

Some people are just meant for the mid card, or even to be enhancement talent. I feel like Liv Morgan falls into that category, and that’s perfectly fine. Can’t see the title remaining with her much longer.

Some people are just meant for the mid card, or even to be enhancement talent. I feel like Liv Morgan falls into that category, and that’s perfectly fine. Can’t see the title remaining with her much longer.
Who takes it though? Seemed like they were feeding a Rousey bazler thing. Bazler loses turns heel with Ronda. Charlotte is due back

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back