WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleacherreport.com/articles/2884258-wwe-raw-ratings-drop-to-192m-viewers-for-go-home-show-before-wrestlemania-36

A go home show to Mania, with no sports competition, everyone at home and they are still in freefall, drawing only half the numbers they did 10 years ago.

It's over.

I think it's pretty clear it's the no crowds and replayed matches buddy but you stick with your story. It's a worrying time for all companies, this doesn't need to be a WWE issue. A lot of wrestling shows have had their ratings lower.

I think it's pretty clear it's the no crowds and replayed matches buddy but you stick with your story. It's a worrying time for all companies, this doesn't need to be a WWE issue. A lot of wrestling shows have had their ratings lower.

plus lack of WM interest given circumstances

plus lack of WM interest given circumstances

Yeah. I'm still pretty keen to check out Mania on Sunday. Sure it'll suck compared to usual but I'm hoping it's entertaining for a few hours.

Watching Mania 21 again now. Underrated show I think. I guess the two main title matches weren't great or iconic which takes away from it but even the segments are classic, Hogan/Hassan and Piper/Austin.

Yeah. I'm still pretty keen to check out Mania on Sunday. Sure it'll suck compared to usual but I'm hoping it's entertaining for a few hours.

Watching Mania 21 again now. Underrated show I think. I guess the two main title matches weren't great or iconic which takes away from it but even the segments are classic, Hogan/Hassan and Piper/Austin.

I've probably watched those segments 100 times over the years, don't know if I've ever watched many of the matches on the show again though!

Jeez you gotta watch Michaels/Angle again! All time classic man.

Forgot that one, have probably watched it on compilations rather than on the PPV itself.

19 I probably watched the most, Michaels v Jericho especially but a lot of those matches are good and I like the Limp Bizkit performances and Goldberg promo.

WrestleMania 21 was my first ever Mania so I’m very biased towards it. Lost count how many times I’ve seen it.

Mysterio vs Eddie is underrated and might be the best WrestleMania opener ever.
I loved the first MITB match, I’d never seen anything like it and loved every wrestler in it
Talking segments were great
Orton Undertaker was so good
Angle vs HBK might be my favourite match ever (and probably the match I’d show to someone if I were introducing them to wrestling)
Cena vs JBL sucked, such an underwhelming way to end that title reign.
Triple H vs Batista was a good way to culminate that Batista title chase.

WrestleMania 21 was my first ever Mania so I’m very biased towards it. Lost count how many times I’ve seen it.

I loved the first MITB match, I’d never seen anything like it and loved every wrestler in it
Angle vs HBK might be my favourite match ever (and probably the match I’d show to someone if I were introducing them to wrestling)

that was the one where Mysterio's mask chin strap was loose and he kept fiddling with it the whole match?

I can't award it status as best WM opener ever based on that.

Tough crowd, it also has Eddie working on a surfboard of a few minutes only once he hooks it in for the ref to start counting a pin on Eddie because the refs were calling the matches like shoots back then.

People will say Bryan v Triple H is up there but I’m not a fan of that match.

Owen vs Bret probably has the mantle for best opener.

Tough crowd, it also has Eddie working on a surfboard of a few minutes only once he hooks it in for the ref to start counting a pin on Eddie because the refs were calling the matches like shoots back then.

did we ever do a best Fantasy WM card where you can only pick matches in that particular slot? (obviously without wrestlers/titles repeating)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was about to reply to your first post that Bret v a Owen clear no1.

did we ever do a best Fantasy WM card where you can only pick matches in that particular slot? (obviously without wrestlers/titles repeating)

I‘d struggle to choose between Bret v Owen in opener or Austin v Bret in mid card!

Sounds like a great idea, get the ball rolling!

Me too man, but funnily enough I never saw it until probably a couple years ago for the first time.

Yeah I dunno what went wrong with Cena/JBL. I guess JBL isn't that kind of worker that could get a good match out of Cena at that point. He was still green and working with guys like Jericho and Angle that year probably helped him big time.

Great, great Mania. I might save 19 to watch again later, 17-21 is a solid streak of good Mania's. Not sure what to chuck on next, maybe 25.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2884258-wwe-raw-ratings-drop-to-192m-viewers-for-go-home-show-before-wrestlemania-36

source.gif

A go home show to Mania, with no sports competition, everyone at home and they are still in freefall, drawing only half the numbers they did 10 years ago.

A new low for Dubya dubya ee. It's over.

Ratings virus-affected sure but this WrestleMania was set to be a s**t one in the long ago of February. If COVID-19 hurts WWE enough - through diminished revenue and breaking audience habits - to make them put effort in going forward that's a decent silver lining. This is the first WrestleMania I'm sitting out in a long time.

Last edited:
For what reason is Tamina in the title match? Originally a 6 woman match, now 5, why is she there? 3 of the girls are very capable wrestlers, and Tamina hasn’t been sighted in months until last week?

Has HBK and HHH always been the last 2 guys shown on the Smackdown intro (before Roman does his final powerwank fist utensil)?
Caught my eye that HHH and Shawn were shown there, along with Taker..
Edit: just YouTubed it, looks like normal, so scratch that theory..

And now they’re showing a random HBK match against Flair, wonder if there’s more to it... (aka Romans replacement match)

For what reason is Tamina in the title match? Originally a 6 woman match, now 5, why is she there? 3 of the girls are very capable wrestlers, and Tamina hasn’t been sighted in months until last week?

Who else is there? Dana is sick, not sure where Carmella is, Ember injured, Mickie James injured. Alexa/Nikki/Asuka/Kairi in the women’s tag title match. Mandy & Sonya involved in the Dolph-Otis angle.

And now they’re showing a random HBK match against Flair, wonder if there’s more to it... (aka Romans replacement match)

Ric Flair is over the age of 70– he should be in self-isolation, not fighting for the Universal Championship ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back