WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate he looks to criticise wwe for things all the time yet anything remotely similar by aew he either ignores or white washes

Wwe doing raw live and having mania loads and loads of him shitting on it and risking life’s

Aew going back live and doing double or nothing praise

he was not in favour of either company going live BUT at least AEW are doing full testing of talent, where WWE is just doing temperature checks.

The only way they can possibly pay off the "greatest match ever" promotion is by using it to build heat on Orton. You can't actually deliver the "greatest match ever".

Therefore, I'm excited for them to get 4 minutes in and for Orton to punt Edge in the dick for the DQ. Have them go on on last, promise the "greatest match ever", and then * everyone. I think that'd be hilarious.

Clearly the name that Zelina's crew has been lacking is "Job Squad 2.0".

This post-WM empty arena period has been brutal for them, I think they've jobbed every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWE's been uncool for some years now.
WWE have become The Simpsons of professional wrestling: they were once a great promotion that set most of the trends in pro wrestling that are still talked about to this day (even when they were ripping off other promotions), that had great characters from the curtain jerkers to the main eventers with significant degrees of creative freedom to be themselves, that had great storylines and rivalries for the most part and even when the Antichrist of professional wrestling himself was their head writer, they managed to produce good to great content each and every week with big ratings and mainstream appeal. They were cool, just like The Simpsons. They were the WWF.

But just like The Simpsons, WWE would eventually become more stale and boring as time went on. The old and senile strutting steroid is out of touch with reality and he has dragged down the quality of his "creation" because of that. The lack of any serious competition (TNA doesn't count) hasn't helped the state of professional wrestling outside of Japan or Mexico one iota. At one stage they used to set the trends in wrestling, but nowadays they follow trends and the results are mixed at best. Characters have become less unique and more boring or generic, although are there exceptions. There's less creativity and more micromanagement thanks to Vince, and despite match quality being some of the best that it's ever been (because most of their wrestlers are very talented workers), it's less exciting or engaging to the viewer than an Attitude Era match that might have featured 5 or fewer wrestling moves, and that was before the coronavirus outbreak. There was a time when Vince no longer wanted us to say our prayers and eat our vitamins but less than a decade later, he expected the WWE Universe to pledge their allegiance to the Cenation and eat their fruity pebbles. :$ :$ :$

I can go on and on and on about the problems with WWE but fortunately, there is an Alternative. A product that is Entertaining and not afraid to use one of the dirtiest words according to Vince: Wrestling. :D

I think everything you need to know about the current product can be answered quite easily with a few things. A Bubba Dudley article recently resurfaced which I read, where he was talking about how he pitched the Bully Ray character to Vince. To Bubba's surprise, Vince knew all about the gimmick. He even said he loved it, and that he'd love to let Bubba have a run with the Bully gimmick, but he said that he couldn't due to sponsors like Make a Wish.

That's the problem here, they can't delve too far out of the box with anything because they've just got far too many different things and people to answer to. In this cancel culture climate especially they've got to worry about sponsors, networks and investors. It's just too hard to do anything that may be considered risqué, and therefore anything overly entertaining like we had in the late 90s and early 00s. Our best hope for something like that now is AEW because it's independently owned I guess. Cool example was Janela dropping the f bomb on PPV Saturday night. It might seem lame to think of swearing like that as 'risqué' or cool, but it simply makes the product seem just a tiny bit more unplanned and legit. It's the little things that count.

Great last 2 big posts above.

Fast forwarded RAW today - x30 wasn’t fast enough. I am actually struggling to remember one interesting part that I briefly watched before skipping forwards..

oh yeah, the brawl at the end. How’s wwe - just can’t do something subtly.
iInstead of just having the crowd “there”, the very first week they finally decide to do it, and they all run into the ring, resulting in the stupid hockey barriers to become redundant and a complete waste of everyone’s time.

couldnt even wait a single week to use them.

People are hoodwinked to think big bad sponsors are the problem. Investors? Vince McMahon is by far the biggest investor. Cancel culture? That wasn't around in 2008 (nor even now really). No one at Make A Wish wants a bar of ******* Saudi Arabia. Who does undercutting wrestlers getting themselves over help? WWE has flipped compared to most TV and most TV still gets advertisers. It's 100% McMahon driven. WWE's reputation is in the shitter. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the truth: Vince turned into a hybrid of The Simpsons and George Lucas.

Last edited:
Meh Raw.

A lot of thoughts can be repeated from last week,
-Liv Morgan = yawn
-The 'Greatest match ever' thing can only end in tears. Curious to see what they pull out of their arse. Foolish at best.
-K.O still seems on auto-pilot

Fantasy booking again but I would be putting forward the idea of; Dominic is at Rey's retirement and Rollins starts to put work in to corrupt him. Draw this out over a few weeks, he's won over by Rollins and joins his stable.

From this you book a Rey vs Dom match as ReyRey tries to win him back, once they inevitably reconcile they can then book a match of Rey+Dom vs Rollins and Murphy or an equivalent for Mysterio's last hurrah. Rey gets to both put his son over in a match and win with him in a fairy-tale finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back