2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Semi Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Maggies play on Sunday 10th of September: 3:10pm (TV Coverage starts at 3pm).

General admission tickets cost $15, concession $8, with Essential Power members and children under 18 admitted free.
170903-sanfltix-hero.jpg

Academy play on Saturday 9th of September: 2:10pm at Richmond Oval against Sturt in a Semi Final.
Winner goes to the Grand Final. Loser plays the winner of North vs West in the Prelim.
170904-reservesinfo-hero2.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Krakouer, Johnson, Irra, Ladhams, Hewett
OUT: Monfries (Calf), Impey (AFL), Trengove, Broadbent, A.Young (Not Qualified)

Maggies Side:
F: Ah Chee - Eddy - Krakouer
HF: R.Young - Ladhams - Johnson
C: White - Atley - T.Gray
HB: Summerton (C) - Lienert - Toumpas
B: Hewett - Austin - Rudloff
R: Lobbe - Snelling - Sharrad
INT: Palmer - Drew - Irra
EMERG: Ross - Reynolds

Academy Changes:
IN: Reynolds, Anyang, Morgan
OUT: Rudloff (SANFL), Chen (Omitted), Davidson (Injured?)

Academy Side:
F: Miller - Reynolds - Wanganeen
HF: Harris - Zavrl - Roads
C: Baron - Cooper - Hawkins
HB: Mahney - Ross - Hampton
B: Ginever - Corcoran - Morgan
R: Anyang - Biemans - Proude
INT FROM: Drummond - Bell - Coxon

Due to the Power still being alive in finals, Everyone is qualified to play SANFL finals.

Any AFL listed player that can't fit into the SANFL finals cap will play for the Academy.

The AFL cap for finals is 17 but Summerton is counted as an AFL player so it's really 16 + 5.

Krakouer to come back into the side after serving his suspension. AFL game on Saturday so no emergency will be held back.

Trengove (Head Knock) and Broadbent (Ankle) and Robbie Young (Shoulder) all had problems during last weeks game but all should be fit to play.

If we win against the Eagles we'll go straight to the Grand Final. Lose against the Eagles and we'll play the winner of Sturt vs Centrals in the Prelim.
DItJIuMUEAEV7kf.jpg

Prediction: Eagles by 20 points.

Last edited:
Hybrids have been fairly ordinary over the month before Finals. I give us a fair chance of getting the win this time, especially if we're still alive in the AFL and players are looking to impress for selection (although admittedly nobody really pressed a claim against Sturt).

Hybrids have been fairly ordinary over the month before Finals. I give us a fair chance of getting the win this time, especially if we're still alive in the AFL and players are looking to impress for selection (although admittedly nobody really pressed a claim against Sturt).
Hopefully it's not like the last few times we've played them. Eagles clearly were the better side and they looked better drilled than our boys.

Disagree Eagles were clearly better, the first time we played them they just choked us and hit us on the counter. The second time they blew us out in 1 quarter but we were in control before that.

The possession style of footy has certainly worked against them in the past because of how deep they push back and how many numbers they push back. We'll need to use that style of footy to find ways forward at times, but if we can spread and use our run and skills we will be a huge chance as the bigger ground should help us.

I also agree they've been in a huge slump pre-finals so hopefully that continues. They have gone 1-3 in their last 4.

The big threat the Eagles have posed is their small forwards. The counter attack pace they have used, and ability to get through our zone has been very good. If we can hold our structure and not allow so many quick I50 entries on the rebound we should be able to take control.

Maggies play on Sunday 10th of September: 3:10pm (TV Coverage starts at 3pm).

General admission tickets cost $15, concession $8, with Essential Power members and children under 18 admitted free.
View attachment 411695

Academy play on Saturday 9th of September: 2:10pm at Richmond Oval against Sturt in a Semi Final.
Winner goes to the Grand Final. Loser plays the winner of North vs West in the Prelim.
View attachment 411696

Teams should be out Thursday night.

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Ross - Eddy - Krakouer
HF: R.Young - Trengove - Monfries
C: White - Atley - T.Gray
HB: Summerton (C) - Lienert - Toumpas
B: Impey - Austin - Rudloff
R: Lobbe - Snelling - A.Young
INT: Ah Chee - Palmer - Drew
EMERG: Broadbent - Irra

Predicted Academy Side:
F: Miller - Harris - Wanganeen
HF: Bell - Zavrl - Roads
C: Baron - Sharrad - Hawkins
HB: Hampton - Davidson - Biemans
B: Broadbent - Corcoran - Irra
R: Ladhams - Hewett - Proude
INT FROM: Ginever - Mahney - Cooper - Drummond - Coxon - Chen

Due to the Power still being alive in finals, Everyone is qualified to play SANFL finals.

Any AFL listed player that can't fit into the SANFL finals cap will play for the Academy.

The AFL cap for finals is 17 but Summerton is counted as an AFL player so it's really 16 + 5.

Krakouer to come back into the side after serving his suspension. AFL game on Saturday so no emergency will be held back.

Trengove (Head Knock) and Broadbent (Ankle) and Robbie Young (Shoulder) all had problems during last weeks game but all should be fit to play.

If we win against the Eagles we'll go straight to the Grand Final. Lose against the Eagles and we'll play the winner of Sturt vs Centrals in the Prelim.
View attachment 411689

Prediction: Eagles by 20 points.

So, it is simple. Magpies and Academy are both playing for a spot in the Grand Final, and a loss can't eliminate neither.

Two Port-Sturt Grand Finals are still possible, as well.

Why is the academy side playing at Richmond?

Cause it is a double header at the oval. Reserves always play somewhere else in that circumstance.
Thought it'd at least be at Unley or Alberton.

By the way, Port plays Finals against the Eagles on two consecutive days.

Saturday:
998675_10151780879571019_696803987_n.jpg

(Eagle Hit by Lightning)

Sunday:
BaldEagle

(Prison-barred Eagle)

Thought it'd at least be at Unley or Alberton.
Honestly it may just be who wants it, who puts up their hands and calls out the faithful to make a few thousand by hosting it. Not always about guts and glory.

Edit: and without being all sneery Unley Oval doesn't exist as such between games. I can't imagine them setting up all the temporary fencing etc for a reserves game.

So we have to change our lineup with less than 24 hours notice, if the AFL side loses, to only players that have qualified.

Would have thought this rule goes into effect the week after.

So we have to change our lineup with less than 24 hours notice, if the AFL side loses, to only players that have qualified.

Farcical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when you think you have heard it all !
These SANFL nuptees still have the nerve to whinge.
I love the Magpies but I would rather play in another meaningless league rather than put up with this bullshit year after year

So if the AFL side lose, Trengove, Broadbent, White, Impey & A.Young go out.
Anyone in line to make their league debut in a final? Mahney...Ginever?

Edit to refresh on who is eligble:

AFL - depends on selection for Saturday night
3. Jake Neade - probably not
6. Angus Monfries
13. Todd Marshall - maybe
14. Billy Frampton* - injured
18. Jimmy Toumpas
19. Matt White
23. Matthew Lobbe
25. Logan Austin
26. Riley Bonner - maybe
27. Brett Eddy
28. Willem Drew
30. Joe Atley
31. Aidyn Johnson - maybe
32. Dougal Howard - probably not
34. Will Snelling
37. Jesse Palmer
38. Peter Ladhams
40. Jarrod Lienert
41. Brendon Ah Chee
44. Cameron Hewett
45. Emannuel Irra
48. Nathan Krakouer

SANFL
1. Steven Summerton (counted as 1 of 17 AFL players)
4. Nathan Rudloff
5. Tom Gray
7. Louis Sharrad
8. Jamie Hampton
9. Adam Mahney
10. Luke Reynolds
12. Tom Corcoran
21. Jonathon Ross
24. Zac Hawkins
29. Anthony Biemans
33. Darcy Ginever
42. Levi Proude
43. Zac Hawkins
47. Keanu Miller
50. Robbie Young

Why don't we just cancel the academy game, we actually have to pull players out of a second semi final because they MIGHT play the next day. FARCICAL.
Also has anyone noticed it has been 4 years since the Eyre Peninsula was stolen from us and given to Norwood and how are the juniors going at Norwood ? Bottom in the reserves and bottom in the under 18 comp.
Well done Norwood .

Might want to check that rule unless it has changed in the last couple of years, impey was allowed to play in the sanfl gf after missing out on the afl prelim we lost the day before even though he hadnt played enough sanfl games and qualified under the sanfl rules.

RossFC do you know what the SANFL charges for the Academy side final at Richmond oval?

I see all the finals before the GF are being played there. that AFL payment for goals and some turf is starting to pay dividends for them as they dont usually play finals there.

Hell, I reckon we just beat the best team in the comp. Hope like hell we get over the Eagles. Or my super-special Crows/Eagles neighbours across the road will be knocking on my door. Legit haven't seen 'em since the Showdown. When Port lose, tho...

Only in #pissanttown would this be considered acceptable.

Only in #pissanttown would not a peep be heard about it and in fact it be portrayed as a positive.

We could win all three flags and #pissanttown will twist it like we cheated.

I hope we win all three flags because I may just produce a world class week long hangover induced steaming pile of turd and deposit it in John Olsens in tray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back