Your Club's Draft Needs

Remove this Banner Ad

Port need some high class disposers of the ball.

Ranked in the bottom 4 for DE% this season guys like Bonner coming through, Hartlett, Wingard, White and Polec for a full year will help but I'd like to see Taranto, Florent or Sharenberg with that first pick, all might be a bit of a reach but its all just team needs.

I like Garthwaite as a later pick too, even though he's fairly awkward looking he gets the job done, was fantastic in the TAC Grand Final.

I assume Port will target some talls in the trade period which is also another key need.

Would love some forward support for Daniher but I have a feeling the Essendon midfield will include Heppell, Parish, Merrit and Mcluggage for years to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small to medium defenders with genuine pace and footskills are our biggest need.

Also could use an outside mid/wingman with good pace and skills and a good KPF.

Could use a development ruck but i don't think this is a great year for rucks.
I somewhat disagree there there's a few rucks in this crop most i can remember in some time. English, Goddard sweet just to name a few

There are six clear cut talents at the moment - I think there is too much of a gap from here for anyone else to slot in:
Hugh McCluggage
Andrew McGrath
Sam Petrevski-Seton
Ben Ainsworth
Will Brodie
Tim Taranto
If you don't have a top 6 pick - you're going to need a lot of praying to get any one of these guys IMO. You could factor in guys like Bowes, Setterfield and Perryman as top talents but there is a 0% chance they won't be at the clubs of their academies next year.

The next few best are very debatable - I like Venables and Scrimshaw a lot; and the potential of Marshall is very high although he's not ready-made so many clubs may pass on him as he probably won't play senior footy in his first year or two.

Would love a Forward/Ruck around the 200cm mark
A fullback to cover Dunn and Garland leaving in a few years
A true small forward
Not much else though, wouldn't mind a few boys from Casey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back