Your Reasons For Optimism In 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL football is a business - a winner takes all business. You can pay the tax and watch the AFL give it to your competition. :mad:

You legally do what it takes to get an edge, You do what it takes to avoid giving your oppostion 1 inch of ground.
I think the point your making may play a part but to say it's the only reason to spend that much time and money and effort is drawing a long bow. But at the end of the day I'm more worried about what the Dee's are not doing not what the Hawks are, I just think we are being left behind again because of an infatuation with the centre of the city. Nobody's building new junior ovals in Collins st

I think the point your making may play a part but to say it's the only reason to spend that much time and money and effort is drawing a long bow. But at the end of the day I'm more worried about what the Dee's are not doing not what the Hawks are, I just think we are being left behind again because of an infatuation with the centre of the city. Nobody's building new junior ovals in Collins st

Our administration will do what it takes inside their financial constraints. Hawks have 70,000 members - money talks in AFL football.

First you start by attracting new members, members bring money, money brings investment - investment means wins, wins means more members ...... the upward cycle begins. Then when the MFC admin has a near unlimited budget - Bingo we can be innovative.

IMHO you are putting the cart before the horse. Being unfairly critical, when our Admin is constrained by finances - we dont have the money. Hence why optimism is critical to attract people who want to invest time and money back into our club.

Our administration will do what it takes inside their financial constraints. Hawks have 70,000 members - money talks in AFL football.

First you start by attracting new members, members bring money, money brings investment - investment means wins, wins means more members ...... the upward cycle begins. Then when the MFC admin has a near unlimited budget - Bingo we can be innovative.

IMHO you are putting the cart before the horse. Being unfairly critical, when our Admin is constrained by finances - we dont have the money. Hence why optimism is critical to attract people who want to invest time and money back into our club.
In some ways I agree and we both want a successful club but I think you miss the point to some extent, after 96 the Dee's were in a better financial position but were as we have gone backwards and not been prepared to look Beyond the ends of our noses the Hawks have created a brand in two state and throughout the Se suburbs that why they have 70000 members and money in the bank. The decision making between the two clubs over the last 20 years has been starkly different and we have been on the wrong side of nearly all those. I just hate to miss a goldern opportunity by being so cbd centric

In some ways I agree and we both want a successful club but I think you miss the point to some extent, after 96 the Dee's were in a better financial position but were as we have gone backwards and not been prepared to look Beyond the ends of our noses the Hawks have created a brand in two state and throughout the Se suburbs that why they have 70000 members and money in the bank. The decision making between the two clubs over the last 20 years has been starkly different and we have been on the wrong side of nearly all those. I just hate to miss a goldern opportunity by being so cbd centric

I have no no problems with what you are saying except .... How do you intend to pay for all these great ideas today?

Your being a bit simplistic but the point I was Making stands hawthorn have vision our admin seems to be happy to look backwards, for some unknown reason the club feels it can't function if it's not within site of the Mcg or the cbd. We train on a public park on the side of punt rd hawthorn are looking to a 60 million dollar investment to set themselves up for the next 50 years.
How am I being simplistic? You're the one that's comparing apples and oranges here, all of your claims lack basic common sense. The MFC doesn't have the requisite profile to be able to base itself outside of the city limits without losing public traction. The one advantage we have over the other small clubs in North, WB, St Kilda is that Melbourne heritage. It gains us a lot of support which we otherwise wouldn't be getting.

I have no no problems with what you are saying except .... How do you intend to pay for all these great ideas today?
Fair enough, I think the best way is to do what most of the other Vic clubs have done state and federal gov partnerships the Afl it self and think big and long term. We already have a partnership with the biggest and fastest growing city in the state and there is a base of infrastructure in place. I think women's footy and our strong involvement could be a great starting point, Casey will have a team in the state league next year it's absolutely just my opinion I just want to see the club grow and I'm not sure focusing on the city is the way forward

How am I being simplistic? You're the one that's comparing apples and oranges here, all of your claims lack basic common sense. The MFC doesn't have the requisite profile to be able to base itself outside of the city limits without losing public traction. The one advantage we have over the other small clubs in North, WB, St Kilda is that Melbourne heritage. It gains us a lot of support which we otherwise wouldn't be getting.
I hear what your saying and while I don't agree I reckon we both have a strong passion for the club and I not trying to pick a fight, I just think we have to get beyond this city centric view and try and expand our very small base. Look what the dogs are doing in Ballarat north in Hobart us in the nt, I don't think this in any way takes away from the clubs heritage but I think we can add new layers to it

Except you bailed on paying for your membership because you were too positive for us! :D

Fair enough, I think the best way is to do what most of the other Vic clubs have done state and federal gov partnerships the Afl it self and think big and long term. We already have a partnership with the biggest and fastest growing city in the state and there is a base of infrastructure in place. I think women's footy and our strong involvement could be a great starting point, Casey will have a team in the state league next year it's absolutely just my opinion I just want to see the club grow and I'm not sure focusing on the city is the way forward

I hear what your saying and while I don't agree I reckon we both have a strong passion for the club and I not trying to pick a fight, I just think we have to get beyond this city centric view and try and expand our very small base. Look what the dogs are doing in Ballarat north in Hobart us in the nt, I don't think this in any way takes away from the clubs heritage but I think we can add new layers to it

I also get what you are saying. But without money its very difficult - optimism is the starting building block.

Until we get rid of the "rotten apples / bitter old men" we are going no where. Roos took the first step, by smashing them live on TV. Basically saying "the MFC are no- longer listening too you, you are the problem"

It clear the club is finally on the cusp and now we are ready to move forward,

I also get what you are saying. But without money its very difficult - optimism is the starting building block.

Until we get rid of the "rotten apples / bitter old men" we are going no where. Roos took the first step, by smashing them live on TV. Basically saying "the MFC are no- longer listening too you, you are the problem"

It clear the club is finally on the cusp and now we are ready to move forward,
I think on field there's is a great deal of optimism and I'm looking forward to get to games next year

Yip but we still have that underground swill of negative, bitter rotten apples that masquerade as supporters of the MFC ... Roos outed the "noisy bleating sheep" this year "live" on TV it was a club changing moment. You can't quantify what they have cost the MFC.

Success is only ever built on by positive thoughts. IMHO negativity normally tells you more about the person and the chip they are caring around on their shoulders.

I think you're being a bit too negative about the "veil of negativity". I think this is adding overall to the net negativity. It's adding more veils and now we've gone from the "veil of negativity" to the "veils of negativities".

I'd like to see you do something really positive about the "veils of negativities". Something symbolic on match day would be ideal. Perhaps you could be MFC's own Salome and dress up in veils representing these negativities and remove them in a dance while the bugler plays the theme song. I think that would be really positive for the club.

Maybe you could get the kiddies from your AIDS orphanage up on the big screen singing the club song. Yip, that would be really up-lifting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yip but we still have that underground swill of negative, bitter rotten apples that masquerade as supporters of the MFC ... Roos outed the "noisy bleating sheep" this year "live" on TV it was a club changing moment. You can't quantify what they have cost the MFC.

Success is only ever built on by positive thoughts. IMHO negativity normally tells you more about the person and the chip they are caring around on their shoulders.
Question: is underground swill the same as groundswell? They sort of sound like different concepts, but in another way similar so wasn't certain.

Comment: its not a biggy but rotten apples, and all manner of rotten fruit, are most likely to be overly sweet - like those bananas that you are meant to buy if you like baking banana loaf. "Bitter" apples would more likely be under-ripened in general. If what you are getting at is that supporters are under-ripened, then that's an interesting take.

Total confusion: is the negative person with the chip caring for it or carrying it? In a way, caring seems likely. I saw a guy in Canberra with a parrot - seriously big one (Norwegian Blue I expect) - on his shoulder and he looked very affectionate towards it. Well, by affectionate I mean that he didn't seem bothered by the expanse of bird crap on his t-shirt while he and the parrot queued for the ATM, so I assumed they were close.

What did the word live do to deserve these guys - " " ... ??? I'm lost again. Is the word live a quote, or was it a sort of sarcastic set of quotation marks - you know, like it wasn't really live it was just pretending to be.

???

Question: is underground swill the same as groundswell? They sort of sound like different concepts, but in another way similar so wasn't certain.

Comment: its not a biggy but rotten apples, and all manner of rotten fruit, are most likely to be overly sweet - like those bananas that you are meant to buy if you like baking banana loaf. "Bitter" apples would more likely be under-ripened in general. If what you are getting at is that supporters are under-ripened, then that's an interesting take.

Total confusion: is the negative person with the chip caring for it or carrying it? In a way, caring seems likely. I saw a guy in Canberra with a parrot - seriously big one (Norwegian Blue I expect) - on his shoulder and he looked very affectionate towards it. Well, by affectionate I mean that he didn't seem bothered by the expanse of bird crap on his t-shirt while he and the parrot queued for the ATM, so I assumed they were close.

What did the word live do to deserve these guys - " " ... ??? I'm lost again. Is the word live a quote, or was it a sort of sarcastic set of quotation marks - you know, like it wasn't really live it was just pretending to be.

???
Are you sure it was a Norwegian Blue, and not an expired parrot?

???
Killer post.

I think on field there's is a great deal of optimism and I'm looking forward to get to games next year

I think both on and off the field there is a great deal of optimism and I too am looking forward to get to games next year.

Best thing is off field we are finally addressing our real problems, rebuilding our brand, targeting a whole new young exciting membership group all done with life saving assistance from the AFL. Once we finally deal with our off field issues, the skies the limit.

I'm as positive about the club as I have been in a long time. For context though if anyone forgot we lost to Carlton which sparked all the Roos comments about supporters being too negative. Just beat Carlton I say :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I'm as positive about the club as I have been in a long time. For context though if anyone forgot we lost to Carlton which sparked all the Roos comments about supporters being too negative. Just beat Carlton I say :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
That was a long day, and an expensive one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back