Recommitted Zak Jones [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn't delisted.

I'm going back a fair way.

He laughs when he hears people say a player's childhood team has any bearing on a player's decision making.

So out of interest why are you a Melbourne fan? There is not a lot that could convince me to switch which club I support but a family member being drafted by another club would do it.

So did Nathan.

It means absolutely nothing.

My Brother was on Hawthorn's senior list for 3 years. He grew up barracking for Melbourne. Let me assure you he couldn't give a toss about the Dees now. Hawthorn through and through.
I'd say playing for the club you followed when you grew up would be more important than "playing on the G" every week. I thought we were just making pointless arguments about which club he'd choose

I'd say playing for the club you followed when you grew up would be more important than "playing on the G" every week. I thought we were just making pointless arguments about which club he'd choose
And I'm saying who you supported as a kid means zero. Given a choice, playing at the 'G versus Etihad is obvious I would have thought.

It's fine that you disagree.

So out of interest why are you a Melbourne fan? There is not a lot that could convince me to switch which club I support but a family member being drafted by another club would do it.
I've been a Dee since I was a toddler. Long story.

My Brother could have captained Hawthorn and it wouldn't have mattered one iota. Don Scott wanted him as fellow Board member during the coup that never eventuated against Dicker about 15 years ago.

But I barrack for Melbourne. I have zero interest in Hawthorn and have no second team. They're one of my least favoured teams.

I'm not much fussed what Jones does, but if it's out of Essendon, North, Saints, or Melbourne then it's pretty obvious who he'd choose.

Firstly, he's very close to Nathan and secondly, only one of those clubs is an MCG club.

Come to Melbourne and play at the 'G with your Brother, or play at Etihad every second week ?

It's a no brainer.
Obviously he'd choose the Saints,

all his mates are at the Swans so he's not leaving to find more mates at the Dees, he'll find them wherever he goes.

And I'm saying who you supported as a kid means zero. Given a choice, playing at the 'G versus Etihad is obvious I would have thought.

It's fine that you disagree.
And playing in full houses at the 'G several times a year trumps that :p
I still don't think he will leave Sydney FWIW

Nah mate.

Loves his Brother. Pretty obvious.

Not to mention we have the better list.
Loves his brother, doesn't need to spend every living second with him to assert his unequivocal love.

You've always had a 'good list' according to deluded Dees fans, unfortunately the rest doesn't work out so well.

Loves his brother, doesn't need to spend every living second with him to assert his unequivocal love.

You've always had a 'good list' according to deluded Dees fans, unfortunately the rest doesn't work out so well.
Logic says given a choice he'd chose to play with his Brother, who also happens to captain the club. Since he was a teenager he's looked up to his Brother.

I accept you don't do logic.

Logic says given a choice he'd chose to play with his Brother, who also happens to captain the club. Since he was a teenager he's looked up to his Brother.

I accept you don't do logic.
His brother isn't the be all and end all. There's more to life than that.

I appreciate the Dees have a strong case. But I think the Saints will have them covered in most areas.

He'll come to Melbourne to play with his brother, provided the money is right. Opportunities will be similar at all four clubs - but money will ultimately decide it. Maybe he takes a touch less to play with Nathan, but it'd have to be minuscule you'd think.

I appreciate the Dees have a strong case. But I think the Saints will have them covered in most areas.

What areas would those be?

More immediate inside midfield time? That's all I can think of.

Wouldn't pretend to know a great deal about the pair of them, but one thing clear is that they're very close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are not only brothers but best mates. Friends will come and go in life, family wont. If he comes back to Melbourne then it will be at the Dees.
If you think he's going to choose the saints over family because he 'barracked' for them then your delusional.

Saints have Melbourne covered in what ? Playing at the 'G ? :)

I'm not fussed about Zak anyway, mate. If he stays or goes to another Victorian club I really don't care. He's an OK player, but a bit overrated for mine.

Hahaha who cares that you play at the MCG? You're still a small club
We might be a "small" club, but we play at the MCG. Every Victorian footballer growing up dreams of playing at the MCG. Are you from Zimbabwe ?

And don't criticize my club, you swine. We wrote the rules of the game, we're the first Australian Rules club in Australia, we're the oldest club in the world playing at the highest level, we're the pioneer of women's footy, and we're the reason there's a Father/Son rule (Barassi). Actually, forget the last bit, I don't think you've had any :)

Know your lowly place.

We might be a "small" club, but we play at the MCG. Every Victorian footballer growing up dreams of playing at the MCG. Are you from Zimbabwe ?

And don't criticize my club, you swine. We wrote the rules of the game, we're the first Australian Rules club in Australia, we're the oldest club in the world playing at the highest level, we're the pioneer of women's footy, and we're the reason there's a Father/Son rule (Barassi). Actually, forget the last bit, I don't think you've had any :)

Know your lowly place.

jfc trav

Remove this Banner Ad

Back