Welcome Darren Glass and Jarrod Cotton

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker

Jarrod Cotton also announced as defense youth development coach.

Pleased to have Darren and Jarrod aboard.

Article points out he will be huge benefit to the leadership group, suggests to me we'll be naming a young skipper. Rory for mine.

I think you're drawing a long bow to the leadership thing.
Even if VB was captain, our leadership group is still young and would need guidence.

Dont get me wrong I'd love it if Rory was named skipper.

Good stuff. Phil clearly had him in his sights from before he signed.
He was a fantastic defender and great leader for a top club. Very keen to see the type of leadership culture we build into the club - the last attempt didn't seem to have many tangible positives related to it (thought it is hard to tell).

Particularly hoping he gets a few hours a fortnight over the preseason to spend with Tails and Kardigan. Glasses ability to not only cover his man but fill space were something he can pass onto Tails - and just general improvement and compsure with ball in hand he can teach Kardigan. Glass had very limited skills but still made very few errors.

Glass - Shame it's not a full time appointment, and that he'll be based in WA for large slabs of the year. Hopefully that changes in the future. Still a great get.

Cotton - Don't know much about him, but nice to have some fresh faces around. Sounds like his role will be with the young defenders so most likely assisting with the SANFL team?

Glass - Shame it's not a full time appointment, and that he'll be based in WA for large slabs of the year. Hopefully that changes in the future. Still a great get.

Cotton - Don't know much about him, but nice to have some fresh faces around. Sounds like his role will be with the young defenders so most likely assisting with the SANFL team?

Walsh said during one of his early interviews (maybe even the press conference), that Glass will be completing an MBA next year. So hopefully he'll be around on a permanent basis once that's finished.

A well respected captain/All Australian & should be a very good addition to our club.

On a side note the PA board are already flapping all around the place over this appointment.

Poor "widdle" Chad Whinegard is reported to have gone into hiding after hearing Big Bad Darren Glass is in the vicinity!! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's just upping his role from part-time to full time to the sounds of it. Wasn't working with the defenders in the reserves what he was doing this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back