Queensland State Election (31/1/2015) - Labor form govt (Thread pg 54)

Remove this Banner Ad

If cutting investment, cutting employment, cutting infrastructure, cutting safety nets and dampening business confidence is your definition of "booming", then maybe you would finally be right about something.
Did you understand the context of my post? We would be better off with no one in charge until Ferny Grove is decided.

Did you understand the context of my post? We would be better off with no one in charge until Ferny Grove is decided.

There is nothing that makes us better off, unless you are a LNP supporter.

For a state Ferny Grove could go on for ages. It isn't simply a matter of LNP saying, PUP got 1000 votes and if he wasn't there, we would have got those votes.

They have to look at:

1. Whether PUP would have ran another candidate and voters would have voted the same way.
2. Whether Voting 1 instead of preferencing meant the voter did not want to vote for either major party.
3. If they determine that the Vote 1 voters could have voted for anybody, then they would look at already allocated preferences. The ones that numbered every square are obvious. ALP and LNP would have already collected those so they don't get counted twice. 1000 votes, if for example 25% of votes allocated preferences by numbering every square and ALP or LNP already got that preference, that's now 700 viable votes that might have gone elsewhere. If another 25% allocated preferences but did not number every square and LNP and ALP did not receive a preference, it will be argued that the voter did not intend to vote for either party and their preferences show that.

Theoretically that could be 500 votes that could be argued out of the equation even if they don't accept Vote 1 voters didn't intend to vote for the major parties. ALP lead the seat by 400 votes.

Will they then say 500 votes on the table, margin is 400 therefore mathematically possible for LNP to get those votes? Will they look at it as LNP needing 450 votes to ALP's 50 making it an improbability? Will they look at established preference flows from that candidate's ballot papers?

It could take a while and lawyers are allowed to argue these points.

To me, it seems that every post of yours is heavily biased towards the right wing. You appear to be a conservative party fan boy. I don't see any evidence of you considering an issue, just you hammering the facts until they are bent enough to fit into your philosophy

I assume you think that story has some relevance to your opinion?
You might have to be more specific.
It's states facts already known.
Did your Dad get sent up or something?
No one I know got done. However, when I went to my great uncle's 80th in 1999, his good mate was there. He had spent a couple of years in jail for being an SP bookie. The main reason he went to jail was because they didn't like the fact that he wouldn't rat on my great uncle and the rest of the SP bookmakers.

While the Court of Disputed Returns still has to sit, it is looking more unlikely that Ferny Grove will go to a by-election.

ALP won the seat by 466 votes.

When the PUP candidates preferences were given out, only 353 exhausted meaning they were Vote 1 only. All others preferenced a valid candidate. Some of the 353 might also have preferenced the first eliminated independent which takes that exhausted number down further.

So in other words, even if every single one of those 353 votes went to LNP, ALP still win the seat.

Informed that the LNP are internally blaming too much Can dooooo strategy and not enough anti ALP. More proof that they are so out of touch with the swinging voter that it is in fact a tragedy.

Let me spell it out for them. Lies, lies and more bloody lies. Get it into you thick ******* skulls all sides of politics.

People like to see humility not spin. They are trying to rally their core base. Love that they have used Newman up and thrown him under a bus though. They were always hoping to get rid of him but expected to be in government still after doing so.

Murdoch's backing has become a hindrance to the Liberal Party. His rabidly anti Labor agenda, pro Coalition agenda has removed the focus of the party away from policy and onto merely "fighting" the other side. John's post suggests this is true for Qld and the PM's recent behaviour suggests this may also be true for Canberra.

Informed that the LNP are internally blaming too much Can dooooo strategy and not enough anti ALP. More proof that they are so out of touch with the swinging voter that it is in fact a tragedy.

Let me spell it out for them. Lies, lies and more bloody lies. Get it into you thick ******* skulls all sides of politics.

Swinging voters are the tragedy. Choose a path in life, pursue it.

Namby pamby voters are stuffing this country up.

Refer Federal Senate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swinging voters are the tragedy. Choose a path in life, pursue it.

Namby pamby voters are stuffing this country up.

Refer Federal Senate.

Its the rusted ons like you that are the problem. You will stick with the most incompetent and destructive PM/Government in Australia's history just because "you have chosen a path in life".

Its the rusted ons like you that are the problem. You will stick with the most incompetent and destructive PM/Government in Australia's history just because "you have chosen a path in life".

Have a look at the Senate.

Feels good when you tick the box, stuffs the country up.

Have a look at the Senate.

Feels good when you tick the box, stuffs the country up.

That is what the Senate is for. To hold incompetent/untrustworthy/rear vision mirror type governments such as the Abbott government to account.

If the LNP keep the Borg as leader then they have no hope of being voted back into power any time soon

Anyway, at least we have a government

Best thing would be for the ALP to sit on their hands for a while as they have no policies or experience

Unfortunately, pollies cant help but making change for change sake so there will almost certainly be some monumental *ups coming down the pipe

Yeah, country in debt and so on. We have peanuts in the senate like Lambie who has point blank stated she won't pass anything. Nada, zero.

Working really well.
Put forward fairer policies and learn how to negotiate and it might just make life easier for the government.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back