The Official 'RamPAIGE' Fan Zone Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to go and find his team name - Mad Mick's Mayhem are ranked 4574 overall.

This. Like Paige, they are only another of many out there offering advice. No need to take any of it as gospel - take it all in and make up your own mind.

Higgo and Crouching are the best in terms of actual advice as far as I am concerned.

They are. Not as good as The Rub Friday and Saturday editions though.

I listen to all of those MMM Podcasts. It's great you don't have to put up with the music just get straight to the footy stuff :thumbsu:

Not going much better over at the flapping tarp:

Jock Reynolds - 1986 - rank 52208
Higgo - 1978 - rank 55782
Crouching - 1989 - rank 50925
Wayno - 2054 - rank 24985

Pretty sure Crouching finished in the top 500 last year.
I finished 201st last year and was 67k after round one with a pathetic 1952. Did move up to 20,300 this week after an improved 2244. A bloke I know in one of my leagues is ranked 6,900 but is only about 110-120 points ahead of me. The chasing pack is pretty large at the moment

I finished 201st last year and was 67k after round one with a pathetic 1952. Did move up to 20,300 this week after an improved 2244. A bloke I know in one of my leagues is ranked 6,900 but is only about 110-120 points ahead of me. The chasing pack is pretty large at the moment

This. Rank doesn't mean a whole lot until around the bye onwards.

Just incase anyone chimes in with a "you're just saying this because you're probably ranked around 50K?", I'm ranked 2759, but doing well this early doesn't mean much. Trading and the timing of it decides a lot, and considering a lot of the trades happen in chunks around bye-time, it's a good time to consider rank more seriously.

Just incase anyone chimes in with a "you're just saying this because you're probably ranked around 50K?", I'm ranked 2759, but doing well this early doesn't mean much. Trading and the timing of it decides a lot, and considering a lot of the trades happen in chunks around bye-time, it's a good time to consider rank more seriously.
Correct, I started a touch better last year but had a breakout round 7 smashing 2540 and moved to 2200 from hovering between 5-12k for the previous 6 weeks. I then culled the cows through the MBRs and used 8 trades over those 3 weeks and moved inside the top 100 by coming close to completing my team by then. I peaked at 66th at round 13 IIRC, but floated between 75-120 until the round 21 debacle as I copped it hard with injuries in midfield plus Fyfe copped that suspension and blew out to 275th. I did have a trade and some bench cover so moved up the next two weeks but yeah, you nail your trades and hope for no injuries and see where you end up.

Yeah usually stop getting quite wild swings at around Round 6.

Doing worse than Paige.
g8GfH3i5F0hby.gif
+ 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that her page posts sc scores at the breaks, so I can tolerate the other stuff they do. She gets the rough end of it.

I like that her page posts sc scores at the breaks, so I can tolerate the other stuff they do. She gets the rough end of it.
So does BigFooty :drunk:

Like I said I don't mind Paige.

She has a passion for playing SC and you don't get many chicks playing this game so that can only be a good thing with Paige showing females that are into the footy that they can play this game too which is good for SC in my book. :thumbsu:

I love Jock Reynolds podcast, he's a legend!

So many laughs listening to it and Higgo and Crouching are bloody awesome too.

Huge fan!
They are great value. Crouching deserves more air time; he is hilarious and provides some reasonable insight. Does anybody actually know what Higgo, Crouching and Wayno look like?

Didn't know she was into SuperCoach stuff, remember she was an avid TAC Cup watcher.

She did some pretty funny work on Twitter during our 'fan forum' thing when Ed and co fronted the members last year .

Like I said I don't mind Paige.

She has a passion for playing SC and you don't get many chicks playing this game so that can only be a good thing with Paige showing females that are into the footy that they can play this game too which is good for SC in my book. :thumbsu:
I don't think anyone cares that she's a female, they care that she sucks donkey balls.

and yet we're not allowed to post personal insults about her appearance & or sexual orientation. :rolleyes: That twitter comment is absolutely feral. She deserves whatever s**t that's flung her way.
Had genuinely never viewed it from that perspective, it's a valid point. In terms of equating the two, though, would argue that there is a difference between semi-fictitious satire interspersed between updates on topics of discussion at the forum where the vast majority of the audience would have no way of making a link to a specific individual and personal insults / invective clearly directed at a specific, identifiable individual. Might be looking too hard for a differentiator that isn't there, but that would be my initial instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back