The Official 'RamPAIGE' Fan Zone Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost every "inside tip" I've seen her give has turned out to be bullshit. The Seedsman sub for example. Says it with such conviction too

Always love reading the phantom drafts if I want a good laugh, too.

Absolute wannabe.
Her inside source at the GC Suns was spot on though to be fair.

GAJ wasn't subbed Round 1, so maybe not..
kw4ec5aea4.jpg

Had genuinely never viewed it from that perspective, it's a valid point. In terms of equating the two, though, would argue that there is a difference between semi-fictitious satire interspersed between updates on topics of discussion at the forum where the vast majority of the audience would have no way of making a link to a specific individual and personal insults / invective clearly directed at a specific, identifiable individual. Might be looking too hard for a differentiator that isn't there, but that would be my initial instinct.
Interesting. We make no comment when someone writes a comment like, "There going their to get they're things", but give a hard time to the writer of the quoted comment, (admittedly lightheartedly), for using correct spelling, a good vocabulary and proper word usage.

Interesting. We make no comment when someone writes a comment like, "There going their to get they're things", but give a hard time to the writer of the quoted comment, (admittedly lightheartedly), for using correct spelling, a good vocabulary and proper word usage.
Proper word usage and vocabulary? Stringing together an entirely too long sentence devoid of any structure or an actual premise is not a proper use of anything. Having a large lexicon at your disposal doesn't make you a wordsmith, just like having many buckets of paint doesn't make you a painter.

Proper word usage and vocabulary? Stringing together an entirely too long sentence devoid of any structure or an actual premise is not a proper use of anything. Having a large lexicon at your disposal doesn't make you a wordsmith, just like having many buckets of paint doesn't make you a painter.
Yes, the punctuation was poor but I meant that words were used in their correct context. I doubt he was referring to a dictionary (lexicon) while writing the post. Some people simply have a decent vocabulary. I do agree with your last sentence though .... knowing all the words is useless if you lack the skill to put them together. Anyway, I don't plan to carry on a debate about this. I just thought reactions to the post were interesting.

Yes, the punctuation was poor but I meant that words were used in their correct context. I doubt he was referring to a dictionary (lexicon) while writing the post. Some people simply have a decent vocabulary. I do agree with your last sentence though .... knowing all the words is useless if you lack the skill to put them together. Anyway, I don't plan to carry on a debate about this. I just thought reactions to the post were interesting.
A lexicon in terms of possessing a strong vocabulary, not the possession of an actual book.

I think the replies were tounge-in-cheek, mine certainly was anyway.

Correct

While I understood the post, there are a large amount of readers who wouldn't have. Whilst having a decent vocabulary is rare these days, and something to behold, any writer knows that you need to write to your audience and adjust your application of said vocabulary accordingly.

I think the replies were tounge-in-cheek, mine certainly was anyway.

Correct

While I understood the post, there are a large amount of readers who wouldn't have. Whilst having a decent vocabulary is rare these days, and something to behold, any writer knows that you need to write to your audience and adjust your application of said vocabulary accordingly.

One could also argue that one shouldn't need to cater to the lowest common denominator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realise that all I do is video stuff, right? I don't touch the Facebook or Twitter pages.
As I'm just a humble pleb from society and not a part of the high and mighty Supercoach Paige site that is above criticism, no, I did not realise

Last edited:
As I'm just a humble pleb from society and not a part of the high and mighty Supercoach Paige site that is above criticism, no, I did not realise
You can criticise the site / Facebook page all you want. While it provides a good source of things like SC scores / breakevens for people who don't fork out money to the Herald Sun, stuff like spelling errors and uncertain things being reported as fact irk me as well.

I was responding to being personally called a clown, a bogan, and a 'white knight'. I don't think any of those describe me.

You can criticise the site / Facebook page all you want. While it provides a good source of things like SC scores / breakevens for people who don't fork out money to the Herald Sun, stuff like spelling errors and uncertain things being reported as fact irk me as well.

I was responding to being personally called a clown, a bogan, and a 'white knight'. I don't think any of those describe me.
Hey there Danog I'm one of your sites biggest fans, LOL, for all the wrong reasons. But I am interested to know whether Paige prides herself more on getting information out there fast or being factual? I find that so many articles and rumours posted are wrong and contain glaring errors. Do you actually discuss articles between yourselves before going to air or more deal with the consequences once the backlash occurs.

It seems many that voice their opinions feel the wrath of the block should they debate the accuracy of many articles which sort of moves the site into pseudo supremacy territory.

Look, FWIW I love the quick SC scores for each game, but trust me, that's about all there is going for the site for those that know the game. Your target audience I'm sure is 8 - 12 year olds I'm guessing.

What's Paige hoping to rank this year? She's a bit touchy when you start to mention rankings around her......maybe that's some indicator on her level of knowledge of fantasy sports.

Anyway, great site - well not really, but if you unblock me from FB, Twitter and WS I'm sure I could contribute.

Good luck for the season. Love SCE

Hey there Danog I'm one of your sites biggest fans, LOL, for all the wrong reasons. But I am interested to know whether Paige prides herself more on getting information out there fast or being factual? I find that so many articles and rumours posted are wrong and contain glaring errors. Do you actually discuss articles between yourselves before going to air or more deal with the consequences once the backlash occurs.

It seems many that voice their opinions feel the wrath of the block should they debate the accuracy of many articles which sort of moves the site into pseudo supremacy territory.

Look, FWIW I love the quick SC scores for each game, but trust me, that's about all there is going for the site for those that know the game. Your target audience I'm sure is 8 - 12 year olds I'm guessing.

What's Paige hoping to rank this year? She's a bit touchy when you start to mention rankings around her......maybe that's some indicator on her level of knowledge of fantasy sports.

Anyway, great site - well not really, but if you unblock me from FB, Twitter and WS I'm sure I could contribute.

Good luck for the season. Love SCE

I prefer to do my own research and I don't write anything that goes on the website, so I can't tell you anything in regards to what happens in terms of articles.

As far as I know, the people who get blocked are either advertising their own SuperCoach fanpage, bashing the SCP page (in an non-constructive manner), or leaving excessive swearing / racist / sexist / etc comments.

In regards to the target audience, I don't know. All I do for the site/page is video Q&A. Given that the the official SuperCoach facebook page has 72000 likes and the SCP page has 56000 likes, I'd say there's a wide audience.

I would assume Paige is going for rank 1, like the rest of us.

What's your name on Facebook? I can unblock you if you feel like you were banned unjustly.

I prefer to do my own research and I don't write anything that goes on the website, so I can't tell you anything in regards to what happens in terms of articles.

As far as I know, the people who get blocked are either advertising their own SuperCoach fanpage, bashing the SCP page (in an non-constructive manner), or leaving excessive swearing / racist / sexist / etc comments.

In regards to the target audience, I don't know. All I do for the site/page is video Q&A. Given that the the official SuperCoach facebook page has 72000 likes and the SCP page has 56000 likes, I'd say there's a wide audience.

I would assume Paige is going for rank 1, like the rest of us.

What's your name on Facebook? I can unblock you if you feel like you were banned unjustly.

No all good thanks Danog

Better not unblock me, I'd say it was justified (option#2) and I can't be trusted after a few beers so happy for ban to stay :)

Thanks again

That's fair enough mate. Last year I used it a lot for break evens and stuff. While the way the Facebook page is run is a bit questionable at times, if you're not a part of that side of that then it's obviously not fair to criticise you for it. Even if your opinions are off as some are suggesting (I personally wouldn't have a clue, I've never really been into watching/listening to long podcasts/videos) it's still just an opinion, just as anybody else that plays supercoach has. And when it's all said and done, this thread wasn't really made for personal attacks and name calling

No worries.

The main thing I can fault about my gameplay is that I look for value far too often. I've never started with GAJ, because I always think that his average will drop by ~10 points, and I'll get a great deal by snapping him up later on. It worked out for me this year. :p

It's a bit sad we have a dedicated thread to Paige..

I think it's reasonable to have a thread to discuss all misinformation out there - whether it's the Herald Sun, Paige, Jock etc.

Jiska outlined pretty clearly the rules - as long as people focus on the misinformation, I don't think it's unreasonable. There's a difference between opinion and blatantly making things up (the 'Ablett subbed round 1' call).

I think it's reasonable to have a thread to discuss all misinformation out there - whether it's the Herald Sun, Paige, Jock etc.

Jiska outlined pretty clearly the rules - as long as people focus on the misinformation, I don't think it's unreasonable. There's a difference between opinion and blatantly making things up (the 'Ablett subbed round 1' call).
Misinformation is limitless for SuperCoach. You will find it in any thread you read.

Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back