Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we will have a conservative govt for a long time.

I think society is gripped with political correctness, and people don't want to be seen as not being inclusive, racist, sexist, homophobic etc, so they vote in a way which makes them feel like they are a good person who accepts all.

The media and the Left have made conservatives out to be worse than Nazis, and with social media being so prominent, you will never get hard-nosed conservatives whose No1 priority is getting the budget into surplus, as caring for people has become more important, and many think that you can't be both a nice person and be wise with money as well.

I wonder if the dog whistle campaign actually backfired in the east. Hawthorn, Box Hill, Forest Hill, Mount Waverley all have big residential Asian communities. Most are not fans of the alp, but anecdotally I have heard a lot considered the Sudanese message anti migrant at its core.

In my electorate Chinese were handing out how to vote for the libs, the murmurs I kept hearing were about lobster with mobsters.

What you have is massive immigration stuffing up the political systems in this country. Virtually all immigrants vote labor because they want more immigration to bring in their extended families and then want more social welfare handouts to support their non-contributory lifestyle at the expense of the Australian taxpayer. The political party likely to deliver this is labor who have long since given up representing working class Australians and are pretty much now the party for ideological politics, SJWs, queers and immigrants.

It is little wonder that politicians of the ilk of Tony Burke will write to the Immigration Minister in support of visas for extremist islamic hate preachers but the ABC can only report about two au pairs (those greatest sin was that they were white).

The dilution of what it is to be Australian makes me think you should only get to vote if you've been born in the country. It would also be a good idea if governments stopped funding the ABC and SBS which is essentially just a subsidy for labor's agenda.

It's never good when either side of politics wins with a massive majority.

It is better if there are just a few seats separating parties, as a government who has a huge majority can get arrogant, and do things they wouldn't try if they knew that they could lose govt over it.

If the Andrews govt won by one or two seats, then they would have to tow the line, or else they could easily lose govt next time. Now, they can continue acting any way they like, knowing that a backlash will still not be enough to topple them.

The more a govt wins by, the closer to dictatorship we get.
Horse shit

What you have is massive immigration stuffing up the political systems in this country. Virtually all immigrants vote labor because they want more immigration to bring in their extended families and then want more social welfare handouts to support their non-contributory lifestyle at the expense of the Australian taxpayer. The political party likely to deliver this is labor who have long since given up representing working class Australians and are pretty much now the party for ideological politics, SJWs, queers and immigrants.

It is little wonder that politicians of the ilk of Tony Burke will write to the Immigration Minister in support of visas for extremist islamic hate preachers but the ABC can only report about two au pairs (those greatest sin was that they were white).

The dilution of what it is to be Australian makes me think you should only get to vote if you've been born in the country. It would also be a good idea if governments stopped funding the ABC and SBS which is essentially just a subsidy for labor's agenda.
Or the Libs could have a policy agenda that people wanted to vote for.

I don't think we will have a conservative govt for a long time.

I think society is gripped with political correctness, and people don't want to be seen as not being inclusive, racist, sexist, homophobic etc, so they vote in a way which makes them feel like they are a good person who accepts all.

The media and the Left have made conservatives out to be worse than Nazis, and with social media being so prominent, you will never get hard-nosed conservatives whose No1 priority is getting the budget into surplus, as caring for people has become more important, and many think that you can't be both a nice person and be wise with money as well.
I think the possibility of a retrograde conservative regime diminishes with time as the population generally becomes better educated.

Particularly in logical thinking.:rolleyes:

They're just preaching to the fearful & hateful amongst the right of politics. ie a minority, thankfully. Just the few who watch this sort of drivel. Not the few of us who watch it for entertainment value. :)

Andrews just picked what concerned people. The LNP were dysfunctional, & as they are at the national level.

The extreme of either party is not electable. Fact. Sensible policy, either slightly 'left' or slightly 'right' matters not. Just policy which people can connect to.

The LNP have filled their boots with coal & wonder why they can't swim. ;)

So you want wishy-washy govt then, who don't stand for anything.

Fair enough. Just don't complain when a politician doesn't stand by an issue, even if everyone doesn't like it.

Never again do I ever want to hear any complaints from anyone about the money wasted on a road that wasn't built, red shirts, crime (because voters obviously feel safe in their homes and think the crime wave is made-up) or Safe Schools.

If you voted ALP yesterday, I shouldn't see you post a complaint about them here over the next four years, because YOU decided that those things weren't a big deal.

I think the possibility of a retrograde conservative regime diminishes with time as the population generally becomes better educated.

Just don't expect a surplus anytime soon then.

Hope you comfort yourself about your high energy prices and lack of jobs by reassuring yourself that you are a good and nice person.

lol nice story get down to your local branch and keep telling them to go further to the right and fall off the cliff

Hope you comfort yourself about your high energy prices and lack of jobs by reassuring yourself that you are a good and nice person.

Isn’t the Victorian budget in surplus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the Libs could have a policy agenda that people wanted to vote for.

Well in my opinion the liberals should stop pretending. Dutton should have won the liberal leadership ballot, move well to the right and give up on Victoria (an electorate full of deplorables) shore up Western Australia and Queensland.

In my electorate Chinese were handing out how to vote for the libs, the murmurs I kept hearing were about lobster with mobsters.

both parties actively sought out mandarin speakers to be on hand at all booths for most shifts in chinese populated areas

in my area, ALP tended to rely a lot on students, the libs on the former family first peeps (we have a few very conservative chinese christian churches in my suburb who used to be big supporters of FF)

Sorry, my eyesight must be going, as I am sure that the guy running around in the city a couple of weeks ago with a knife, killing one and injuring two others, was black-skinned. I must be wrong, as it is only white people who commit crime, according to lefties.
He was Somalian.

Well in my opinion the liberals should stop pretending. Dutton should have won the liberal leadership ballot, move well to the right and give up on Victoria (an electorate full of deplorables) shore up Western Australia and Queensland.
You goose , moving right is the REASON they had their arse handed to them last night !!!

" Let's go further right !! "

giphy.gif

Libs be like " thank **** this blokes not a party member "

Bussiness doesnt go out to get a surplus, they go out and borrow what they are comfortable with and grow the asset base/revenue stream ,why should Government be any different ?

Investment in infrastructure will grow jobs
and investments in renewables/storage will drive down energy prices

Remove this Banner Ad

Back