Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

It is looking like 55 out of 88 seats. Up from 45. Big swing towards them from what was 50-50 but hardly the bloodbath everyone is saying it is.
When was the last time the LNP had those sort of numbers in Victorian Parliament?

What? A Bloodbath is what happened in Qld or NSW when the opposition were down to <10 seats. This isn't in the same level. Labor have done a solid job and were rewarded with a solid win. Hardly think it spells the death of a certain political party.
Interesting, you equate an election Blood Bath with the Death of Party
Who is saying the LNP is dead?

Yes, has been for a while too.

Just another example of that alternate universe the rusted on conservatives live in.

Okay, if we have a strong surplus, then how come there are so many people unemployed?

I have been unemployed for a year. Every job I got to, hundreds of other candidates are also applying for.

If the economy was in surplus, then there would be far more jobs (especially in retail, where I am looking to work) because people would spend more and that creates more demand, and therefore more people needing to be hired to meet demand.

The only jobs around are building jobs, because Andrews has focused on infrastructure, and kept his mates in the building union in work.

Maybe you need a course in economics to find out that society out there doesn't reflect a prosperous and well-to-do nation. A prosperous state wouldn't have people complaining about electricity and gas prices, because they would have the money and jobs to pay it.

The only alternative universe is one where you believe that Victoria has a healthy economy at the moment, but, no matter, Victorians care more about gays not getting picked on at school.

You goose , moving right is the REASON they had their arse handed to them last night !!!

Victoria is a labor state - my god if they re-elect an Andrews govt. (the template for shit govt) and have individuals of the ilk of Adam Bandt in federal seats it should be telling you something.
The electorate in Victoria has been stuffed by high immigration so it is hardly surprising they elect the party of mass immigration. It is time for the liberals just to forget about Victoria and concentrate on shoring up the conservative States.

DszUeXbVYAAbKCi.jpg

What you have is massive immigration stuffing up the political systems in this country. Virtually all immigrants vote labor because they want more immigration to bring in their extended families and then want more social welfare handouts to support their non-contributory lifestyle at the expense of the Australian taxpayer. The political party likely to deliver this is labor who have long since given up representing working class Australians and are pretty much now the party for ideological politics, SJWs, queers and immigrants.

It is little wonder that politicians of the ilk of Tony Burke will write to the Immigration Minister in support of visas for extremist islamic hate preachers but the ABC can only report about two au pairs (those greatest sin was that they were white).

The dilution of what it is to be Australian makes me think you should only get to vote if you've been born in the country. It would also be a good idea if governments stopped funding the ABC and SBS which is essentially just a subsidy for labor's agenda.
Better still go back to a better time when only rich male property owners had the vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bussiness doesnt go out to get a surplus, they go out and borrow what they are comfortable with and grow the asset base/revenue stream ,why should Government be any different ?

Investment in infrastructure will grow jobs
and investments in renewables/storage will drive down energy prices

Why would most voters care about a surplus anyway?

I mean, a lot of them have credit card debt, and spend more than they save, so they can't then hypocritically turn around and expect the government to be responsible with our money, when we can't be.

The electorate in Victoria has been stuffed by high immigration so what do they do but hardly surprising they elect the party of mass immigration. It is time for the liberals just to forget about Victoria and concentrate on shoring up the conservative States.

And which party has been in charge federally 16 of 22 years which has blown the lid off Immigration?
Granted there is problems galore in Vic but Andrews is playing the cards he's dealt. Something had to get built otherwise gridlock would be even worse.

Why would most voters care about a surplus anyway?

I mean, a lot of them have credit card debt, and spend more than they save, so they can't then hypocritically turn around and expect the government to be responsible with our money, when we can't be.
But you bought it up

I'm starting to get a sense of why you are unemployed

Bussiness doesnt go out to get a surplus, they go out and borrow what they are comfortable with and grow the asset base/revenue stream ,why should Government be any different ?

Investment in infrastructure will grow jobs
and investments in renewables/storage will drive down energy prices

Businesses go out to make a profit. If they don't, they go out of business.

Governments should be aiming to keep more money than they spend, or else we go into recession.

But that means putting up taxes, and the electorate hate paying even one cent of tax. We want hospitals, schools and roads, and for everyone else to pay for it. Such is the age of entitlement.

But you bought it up

I'm starting to get a sense of why you are unemployed

Firstly, I am unemployed because the place I worked at, the owner sold up, and the new owners brought their own staff with them. So, it had nothing to do with me, smartarse.

I care about a surplus, and think that a wealthy state is No.1 priority, as all other issues can then be funded. I just think more people seem to think being nice to all is better than being successful, as if they are mutually exclusive.

Hospitals get more, schools get more, people get paid more, which then creates more jobs.

Look how well the country went under Howard, because of constant surpluses, or when Kennett was premier, and things were better.

I'm getting the sense why you are poor.

Okay, if we have a strong surplus, then how come there are so many people unemployed?

I have been unemployed for a year. Every job I got to, hundreds of other candidates are also applying for.

If the economy was in surplus, then there would be far more jobs (especially in retail, where I am looking to work) because people would spend more and that creates more demand, and therefore more people needing to be hired to meet demand.
The world lost a potentially great nuclear scientist when you decided to downgrade to "retail".

Businesses go out to make a profit. If they don't, they go out of business.

Governments should be aiming to keep more money than they spend, or else we go into recession.

But that means putting up taxes, and the electorate hate paying even one cent of tax. We want hospitals, schools and roads, and for everyone else to pay for it. Such is the age of entitlement.
If governments dont spend with cheaper money when the private sector clearly isnt we go into recession

The only jobs around are building jobs, because Andrews has focused on infrastructure, and kept his mates in the building union in work.

Maybe you need a course in economics to find out that society out there doesn't reflect a prosperous and well-to-do nation. A prosperous state wouldn't have people complaining about electricity and gas prices, because they would have the money and jobs to pay it.

The only alternative universe is one where you believe that Victoria has a healthy economy at the moment, but, no matter, Victorians care more about gays not getting picked on at school.

1) the govt budget being in surplus doesnt mean "the economy" is in surplus. The vic govt would be about 15% of our GDP, so while it is significant, it isn't the main driver of economic activity in the state.

2) we have unemployment at 5%, it doesnt get much lower than this outside of boom times

3) retail is being hammered by online sales and failure to remain relevant to current consumer preferences

no

i taken the late trains, buses, and even walked home at all hours without any fear of imminent attack

I take the late trains, and there is always at least one drunken idiot on board.

I was even on a train where there was a guy on ice in the next carriage, and he was attacking people. That was scary stuff.

But, if things are safe and sound in the hole you crawled out of.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back