Toast Boxer to debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff! Hope he has a good game and once again shows this great club's amazing depth.

Maybe not Lake, but rumour has it this morning Spangher has literally risen from the dead and is ready to play come Monday.

I saw a Mel Gibson-directed doco about Spangher on SBS3 last night - titled "The Passion of Matt", or some such - and I tell ya what, if he overcomes the injuries it depicted any time soon... well then he truly is the messiah..

Maybe not Lake, but rumour has it this morning Spangher has literally risen from the dead and is ready to play come Monday.

Nice one!....He's performed a Lazarus then.....Though no mention of King Arthur with the Lake beckoning n all?

On topic....Mitch has done extremely well to overcome his foot issues which plagued his first 2 seasons on our list....The club has been patient with him & its nice to see both he & the club rewarded for their due dilligence!

All the best to him, hope he has a great one.
People have been hyping him up for quite a while so hopefully we get to see some great footy from him tomorrow, cant wait :)

Interesting comments from people seeing him playing for Box Hill about how he comes off the ground totally stuffed.
How did you rate his work rate on the field?
The only reason I ask is I heard on the radio a few weeks ago that his stamina was poor and that was why he wasn't getting a game.
Hope the caller was wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he gets more sleep than I am.

What a game for a debut.

First kick, first goal club - I've just got a feeling...

From Birchall's twitter:
Congrats to @mjhallahan38 on making his debut! Pretty average game to play your first! Well deserved #boxer

Wishing all the best. A poster mentioned he was unlikely to be the sub which is great news. Such a huge game to debut in.

I see the big bushy beard has gone too, even better!!! Go Boxer!!!

He didn't want to be mistaken with being a flog player from a flog team.

Congrats and all the best, Boxer. Take this opportunity with both hands and live the dream. First game in front of a huge MCG crowd in a ripping 1st v 2nd scenario. It doesn't get any better than this. Soak it all in and enjoy (I'm insanely jealous)!

In his interview he said he was growing the beard til his debut and was slightly worried that would backfire lol.

What a game to debut in, talk about being thrown in the deep end.
I wish him all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back