Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a headline on the fertiliser site with Phil Walsh lauding Darren Glass's influence as 'experience you can't buy'.

But isn't that what they did? Bought his experience?

Just saw a headline on the fertiliser site with Phil Walsh lauding Darren Glass's influence as 'experience you can't buy'.

But isn't that what they did? Bought his experience?
I see it as less of a financial transaction to get Walsh, probably more akin to turning on a fire-hose filled with money and just bucketing him in it.

Also saw that article as well, isn't that why they also brought/bought over Pods for experience?

He was apparently the key to winning a grand final or something but that s**t went right out the window when they saw him play round 1.
I was expecting him to retire mid season.

Just had a thought.. anyone else remember the time we flogged the living suitcase out of Richmond and Troy Chaplin in an Elimination Final the weekend after having our board inundated with the mindbogglingly overconfident Tiger flog parade?

Good times

Just had a thought.. anyone else remember the time we flogged the living suitcase out of Richmond and Troy Chaplin in an Elimination Final the weekend after having our board inundated with the mindbogglingly overconfident Tiger flog parade?

Good times
The week before the game was extremely frustrating, every 5 posts you had a Richmond flog jump in EVERY thread and call us overconfident while saying "they would thrash us by 40+"

Went onto bay 13

ventured onto a thread called worst 18 which have to pick a spud from each team...funnily enough jasper was nominated from our team..

yes I am saying this because I want the jasper defenders to rage....

Brian Cunningham's left foot was as fluent and accurate as his right foot. He was as courageous player as you could ever witness and a tremendous, articulate leader. One of the best footballers I have ever seen.
The 1980 Magpies team was one of our best ever: 3000 points in the minor round, 6 wins by 100 points or more, and about another 6 by 10-15 goals. Beating Norwood in the decider was the icing on the cake.

Went onto bay 13

ventured onto a thread called worst 18 which have to pick a spud from each team...funnily enough jasper was nominated from our team..

I get Bay 13 is exactly what it is, but I'd like to know why exposing a lack of knowledge about football became "LOL TROLL'D U!".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went onto bay 13

Thread started by a Melbourne supporter. First response: 'Why, are you looking for trade targets?'

:D

For funzies:

B: Tom Simpkin (StK), Zac Dawson (Freo), Ryan Schoenmakers (Haw)
HB: Tony Armstrong (Coll), Matthew Watson (Carl), Matt Shaw (GC)
C: Kane Mitchell (PA), Jordie McKenzie (Melb), Kane Lucas (WCE)
HF: Nick Kommer (Ess), James Podsiadly (Adel), Dylan Addison (GWS, genuinely thought he'd been delisted)
F: Luke McGuane (Bris), Josh Walker (Geel), Jarrad Grant (WB)
R: Tom Derickx (Syd), Ben Jacobs (NM), Taylor Hunt (Rich)

Last edited:
Went onto bay 13

Does FishingRick04 have the power to ban people from the bay? :D

But seriously PJ Power mentioned it earlier that Jasper's howlers stand out but really upon reflection he is quite a good player and opposition fans don't notice that, at work I find myself thinking about his run and carry from the backline and the cheeky things he does (that sneaky kickin that no one was expecting that lead to White's goal) that was worth it to see Adelaide fans rage :p.

Does FishingRick04 have the power to ban people from the bay? :D

But seriously PJ Power mentioned it earlier that Jasper's howlers stand out but really upon reflection he is quite a good player and opposition fans don't notice that, at work I find myself thinking about his run and carry from the backline and the cheeky things he does (that sneaky kickin that no one was expecting that lead to White's goal) that was worth it to see Adelaide fans rage :p.
No one gets me more angry than jasper...

He does good stuff....but he can get me wild

For a ruckman to be a better fit than Ryder for us he'd have to be a better forward, as well as a decent ruck. A few better ruckmen around, but none that are better ruck/forwards. I don't think you can carry two 'ruck only' ruckmen these days. I'm looking forward to next year playing sides with two rucks and watching them run out of gas with one less rotation. Or playing sides with only one ruck and watching their clearances drop right off late as their sole ruck is exhausted and the 'part-timer' comes on.

Jarryd Roughead is the only other bloke I'd want that fits this category, but since doing his achilles hasn't done a lot of rucking. He's also too valuable/devastating as a key forward to play too long in the ruck.

For funzies:

B: Tom Simpkin (StK), Zac Dawson (Freo), Ryan Schoenmakers (Haw)
HB: Tony Armstrong (Coll), Matthew Watson (Carl), Matt Shaw (GC)
C: Kane Mitchell (PA), Jordie McKenzie (Melb), Kane Lucas (WCE)
HF: Nick Kommer (Ess), James Podsiadly (Adel), Dylan Addison (GWS, genuinely thought he'd been delisted)
F: Luke McGuane (Bris), Josh Walker (Geel), Jarrad Grant (WB)
R: Tom Derickx (Syd), Ben Jacobs (NM), Taylor Hunt (Rich)
Dylan Addison is

a) Not retired/delisted
b) Plays for GWS?

kramer-mind-blown.gif

Brian Cunningham's left foot was as fluent and accurate as his right foot. He was as courageous player as you could ever witness and a tremendous, articulate leader. One of the best footballers I have ever seen.
Agree totally. He was a special player, superbly skilled and very humble. A legend in my eyes

No one gets me more angry than jasper...

He does good stuff....but he can get me wild
Just watched the Hawthorn game again. Geez he gave away a goal to them with his nothing kick. Then watching the Carlton game he got his jumper nearly ripped off after dumping Murphy who earlier punched Travis in the guts. So there is one cross and one tick....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back