Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it'll be Hawthorn, Sydney, Us and Gold Coast. Their talent is just too good and their best youngsters now look more than comfortable at AFL level (Swallow, Bennell, Matera)
i still probably have the suns in the 5th - 8th bracket (with maybe freo pipping them for 4th) but each year there is normally a bolter and if i was going to choose one bolter it would be the suns.

Am I the only one who thinks the inevitable era of dominance for the gws and Gold Coast is not actually a thing?

Depends on how you define dominance. I think they'll have a five year period of being two of the better teams in the competition. Whether that translates into premierships is dependant on a number of factors.

Depends on how you define dominance. I think they'll have a five year period of being two of the better teams in the competition. Whether that translates into premierships is dependant on a number of factors.
You must be one of the few who is not of the opinion that they will share premierships over the next decade. I see that all over the main board.

You must be one of the few who is not of the opinion that they will share premierships over the next decade. I see that all over the main board.
It takes more than a team full of high draft picks, see Melbourne, so it's not a given. GCS seem more likely so far, there seem to be question marks around GWS wrt coaching resources, facilities, player development etc.

Dangerfield and Aish would be fairly useful pick ups next year.
Whoever gets Dangerfields signature for 1mill a year is basically signing themselves to a decade of mediocrity. What a waste of money. Strangely the worse he plays the higher he seems to be rated.

All the good Dangerfield does we get out of Matt White for 1/4 of the price, without all the Tom Logan heroball attached.
This is a good thing??
Zac Dawsons not that bad. but Freo clog things up so much that it doesn't really matter who plays in defence.
GC vs GWS
I want to see Dylan Shiel play. Most underrated player going around, will kill it in a couple years time. Bit like Daniel Kerr but without Judd and Cousins stealing the spotlight for him.

I see another injury to Geelong ... this time Lincoln McCarthy sidelined for 5 months. A flareup of a pre-existing injury, but nevertheless another one down! Burgo and his injury-monitoring program becomes more and more important to us every day!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the day coming when AFL footballers will run onto the ground with some kind of knee braces as a preventative measure without actually having sustained a previous knee injury?

He'd make our midfield easily the best in the league. Dangerfield, Gray, Boak, Wines. You'd never lose a clearance.

Danger is a walk up starter to literally every team. Lets not pretend.
True, but I wouldn't want our club paying $1 mill a year for him, especially the 2014 version. Would have Boak or Wines and a few others over him any day. There would be a few things about him that Ken would want to work on too. ;)

Danger is a walk up starter to literally every team. Lets not pretend.
The top 15 at every club are walk up starts in every team. For 1mill, not worth it.

True, but I wouldn't want our club paying $1 mill a year for him, especially the 2014 version. Would have Boak or Wines and a few others over him any day. There would be a few things about him that Ken would want to work on too. ;)
Boak, Gray, Wines and Hartlett are all better mids, there shouldn't be any argument there.

Sloane is better at the Crows and it looks like Crouch will quickly overtake him too. He plays good games but then he plays a lot of Tom Logan type games in between.

The guy is 25, when is he going to be judged on performance and not youtube highlights? I watched him live in the first showdown of 2014 and I was getting Simon Phillips flashbacks. He was that bad.

The top 15 at every club are walk up starts in every team. For 1mill, not worth it.

Boak, Gray, Wines and Hartlett are all better mids, there shouldn't be any argument there.

Sloane is better at the Crows and it looks like Crouch will quickly overtake him too. He plays good games but then he plays a lot of Tom Logan type games in between.

The guy is 25, when is he going to be judged on performance and not youtube highlights? I watched him live in the first showdown of 2014 and I was getting Simon Phillips flashbacks. He was that bad.
That is a really bias view mate. Danger is only slightly behind Gray, but he is better than Wines (only at this stage, Wines will be better soon) and Hartlett. He is probably on par with Boak ability wise, however leadership is not what we comparing. Danger would easily walk in and be in our best 3 players. I absolutely hate the guy, but you cannot deny his ability.

That is a really bias view mate. Danger is only slightly behind Gray, but he is better than Wines (only at this stage, Wines will be better soon) and Hartlett. He is probably on par with Boak ability wise, however leadership is not what we comparing. Danger would easily walk in and be in our best 3 players. I absolutely hate the guy, but you cannot deny his ability.

You stole my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back