Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't forget to press the record button at 11.30pm on Sunday - it's what we've all been waiting weeks for. Drum roll please.......it's the inaugural Crows Show :)

Invite Beryl over, unplug the phone, turn the hearing aids up, get the kniting needles ready, and then cut up some Apricot slice.

And hey, it'll keep the Crows fans off the streets for a half an hour at least.

Titus O'Reily ‏@TitusOReily 11 mins11 minutes ago

Tonight on AFL 360, Shane Warne will interview Jobe Watson's denim shirt.

CBZxCqyUMAAJaV3.jpg

Will you have a drink in celebration tonight?

Invite Beryl over, unplug the phone, turn the hearing aids up, get the kniting needles ready, and then cut up some Apricot slice.

And hey, it'll keep the Crows fans off the streets for a half an hour at least.
I still like Titus O'Reily's take on it when it was first announced. "It's a show about the unravelling of Adelaide's season. It's due to be axed by about round 13." :)

Garry Lyon asks Tex what qualities does he have to be captain of the crows.

Walker, too stupid to understand what he was asked and just rambles on about the other members of the leadership group and doesn't answer the question.

In the background you can hear some of the guys laughing at the fact Walker doesn't even know what he's talking about.

After the interview ends, Billy Brownless reads out a fan comment off facebook, Something along the lines of "What the hell is going on with Tex's ears?"

Walker, too stupid to understand what he was asked and just rambles on about the other members of the leadership group and doesn't answer the question.

In the background you can hear some of the guys laughing at the fact Walker doesn't even know what he's talking about.
Yeah what was with that? A bizarre response for a question that require any spin.

Whoever it was who tagged Walker as Brick Tamland was spot on the money. He makes Johnathon Brown look like a Rhodes scholar.
I'll cut him some slack on the country drawl I've worked with guys from the country that speak like that but yea he does have the 'nobody home' look in his eyes to go with it.

Sounded like he was slowly reading s**t off a cue card at one point.... surely not right?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the interview ends, Billy Brownless reads out a fan comment off facebook, Something along the lines of "What the hell is going on with Tex's ears?"

So, our Trevor Broke is worlds away then?

I watched a bit of the Hawks vs Saints Nab Challenge game where the Hawks smashed them by 100 a week or so ago- the fricken Hawks, who were clearly in second gear, were much hungrier for the ball, willing to do hard things, tackle, put head in danger etc then the Saints. There's probably some good young kids there but f-me they are crying out for a bit of leadership. Alan Richardson's getting what he deserves good and proper.

Everything I've seen suggests the Giants should kill 'em.

The other game I'm finding hard to pick is the Bulldogs vs West Coast; I was leaning West Coast but the Dogs have been barking early and I'm not a fan of West Coast. But can the Bullies do it? Still chewing my pen on this one.

And while we're slagging off our neighbours, I read a story online about the Atlanta Falcons being stripped of draft picks for faking crowd noise! Someone needs to get this off to the AFL Commission... http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-draft-pick-over-fake-crowd-noise-say-reports

#malcom
#taliaisacheat

As long as he's not EasyRyder - One drug saga is enough I think.

Get your motor running
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...players-excluded/story-fnelctok-1227288394292
AFL clubs issues with stricter concussion guidelines that could see players excluded
AFL CLUBS have been issued with tougher concussion guidelines that will see players prevented from returning to games under strict criteria.

Player who lose consciousness, go stiff when they hit the ground after a heavy fall/collision or are rag-dolled and “floppy” in an unprotected tackle must not return to the field in the same game.
Those players will be deemed to be concussed, with clubs facing heavy fines if they allow concussed players to continue.
More...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...players-excluded/story-fnelctok-1227288394292
Good to see .. now everyone knows the Concussion Guidelines

The crows have got Boom Crash Opera performing at their game on Sunday.
Thet do realize that they're a rock band, I presume?

BCO has been about 30 years around the traps now. Crowies might be ready for their brand of noisy new-fangled music.

Peter Paul and Mary must have asked for too much coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back