Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talking Footy suggesting that Stuey Dew is a good chance for Carlton however one sticking point is that his partner has a job with C7 in Sydney.

If that is the case, given Adelaide has virtually no television presence, I don't think the odds of him coaching the Crows are any good at all.
Not necessarily, given that they are both originally from Adelaide, and she previously was a reporter with the local ch7. Not saying it will happen, just saying it ain't beyond realms of possibility.

2epsz7k.png

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...rfield-billboard/story-fnia3xzy-1227468394254

Haha! Gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That at Torrens Road heading into the city or is that down near Westfield Marion? or...
It's at the start of West Lakes Boulevard near Port Road.

i dunno but is it just me or is footy trying or getting to political these days? Its just a sport for entertainment keep it that way!
Over aboriginal round, gay round, women round every year etc etc etc Sick of hearing and seeing the goodes thing now. its done lets move on and play football
Just play football!

i dunno but is it just me or is footy trying or getting to political these days? Its just a sport for entertainment keep it that way!
Over aboriginal round, gay round, women round every year etc etc etc Sick of hearing and seeing the goodes thing now. its done lets move on and play football
Just play football!
Why not discuss issues and highlight charities etc? Easy to ignore if sport is just about kicking the bag of air around or people are just interested in their club.
I think it's great that our strange (and lets face it meaningless if we are talking just the game itself) obsession can have a deep and meaningful impact on greater society.

Just play football!
You'll no doubt enjoy the Arabic on the ball for multicultural round.

هذا هو جلد الخنزير الأحمر

Why not discuss issues and highlight charities etc? Easy to ignore if sport is just about kicking the bag of air around or people are just interested in their club.
I think it's great that our strange (and lets face it meaningless if we are talking just the game itself) obsession can have a deep and meaningful impact on greater society.

charities i dont mind so much but why a womens round gay round aboriginal round every year. there not charities, its no longer special as its every year etc

charities i dont mind so much but why a womens round gay round aboriginal round every year. there not charities, its no longer special as its every year etc

I see it as special BECAUSE it is every year, but horses for courses I guess.

Calling it Women's Round instead of Round 3 for example isn't really that big an issue. I hate odd numbers anyway.

Just play football!

What's the big deal, really? Only one demographic is represented in terms of AFL players, coaches and administration. If it enables groups outside of this to feel a bit more included, isn't an easily-ignorable themed round a pretty easy way of doing it?

If that's the biggest thing that gets you fired up, we must have it pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back