2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Panton Hill had a few senior players not playing it probably won't say much about them given their reserves and 19s struggled last year, if anything they'd just be happy to get a bit of a run, it's a praccy after all. What it does say is that Banyule will fit in seamlessly in Div 3 and will probably give a few sides a run for their money. Heard they have quite a few numbers on the track and that's always good to hear for a side.

We'll find out Round One...

whats happening down at mernda tasmanlvr? hearing rohan davies now not returning, luke shelton going to lalor, wuelfert and oliver to diamond creek, hutchison and delaney both left as well?

whats happening down at mernda tasmanlvr? hearing rohan davies now not returning, luke shelton going to lalor, wuelfert and oliver to diamond creek, hutchison and delaney both left as well?

Yeah a few transfers but we've also brought in a few to cover them and I'm really happy with what we've got.

I am hearing bad news out of Fitzroy Stars, Peterson looking like he is gone before even started, hearing that they have maybe 25 on the track apart from the intraclub.
But by all reports Thomo are flying, can any one give us a report on their game against St Mary's? My mail is that they are looking for a top four finish which is good, but I think a more reasonable outcome would be just to stay up from relegation.
Few weeks out i'm sure people have news and also reports come out of their club that like might like to share.
Think it's going to be a good year.

Any news on Whittlesea Lalor?

Don't be so certain about Shelton too lalor ???

Hurstbridge have pactice match this saturday
east Burwood in all 3 grades with the 19s starting at 10, reserves at 12, seniors at 2
And the following Saturday at Healesville we play all 3 grades with the 19s starting at 3, reserves at 5 and seniors at 7

Yeah my mail is Lalor were keen as president's son very good friends with Lukey.
Heard also that Thomo were in the mix????
But my latest mail is that he will head back to Mernda if he comes back.

That is my mail guys, don't quote me on it because it's not from the horses mouth.

Yeah my mail is Lalor were keen as president's son very good friends with Lukey.
Heard also that Thomo were in the mix????
But my latest mail is that he will head back to Mernda if he comes back.

That is my mail guys, don't quote me on it because it's not from the horses mouth.

He is back and has trained and signed at morang

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mernda played Moama at Moama recreation reserve the magpies were easy winners by around 12 goals

Creek beat heathcote by 10 goals last week, hard to judge as heathcote struggling I think. Harder hit out against oak park on weekend and went down by about 7 goals, playing eltham turtles this week

I think is going to be a very long year for the Mernda footy club.
All 3 sides played Sth Morang yesterday with the 19s losing by over 20 goals, the 2s playing with 16 players got smashed and the 1s nearly at full strength lost by nearly 10 goals.

Lalor lost to Pascoe vale by 6 goals at paco

Good result for Lalor. Paco full of talent. Not sure if they all played, but I think they have 5-6 ex afl. I watched them against Nth Heid, very very good side. Should have won by over a ton. Young and fast. One of their supporters had a lend of me, saying they will struggle this year. Old Prick. Ive since found out they will challenge Abers for the EDFL crown.
Well done bloods, very good sign.

Rd 1 is finally upon us and i think this is going to be the closest season we have had in years. These are my tips for the week.

Thomastown v Panton Hill- I havent heard any news from up the hill.
Mernda v Lalor- Have heard Mernda have lost a lot while Lalor have recruited well
Fitzroy v Hurstbridge- Hurstbridge have recruited the best and should go close this year.
Whittlesea v Diamond Creek - Cant see creek beating a side in the top 5 this year.

Good luck to all.

Thomastown v Panton Hill-
Thomo has picked up 20 or so blokes who have been 2s bundy players, from all reports 2-3 can play. With injury to fallachio their main pick up he will be a big loss untill he comes back, Thomo will be high on energy but need to be on their game from the get go
Mernda v Lalor-
Lalor have spent big $$$$$$
On a few good players harley ryan div1 standard, a loss here would be a huge kick in the bank

Stars vs Hurstbridge have recruited but has come to the cost of D.Francis, the talk is fitzroy have had poor numbers at training come this thursday they will have 70 there. Im tipping stars to win

Whittlesea v Diamond Creek - Cant see creek winning many games, their Swingman Gutto has chased the coin, i thought eagles would of recurited abit more heavy tbh

Have heard the Stars game has been moved to cramer st, anyone know why? surely their new ground cant be stuffed already?
That's true FRUMPY the council thought it would be a good idea to re seed the ground before round 1 when they have had all off season

Thomastown v Panton Hill-
Thomo has picked up 20 or so blokes who have been 2s bundy players, from all reports 2-3 can play. With injury to fallachio their main pick up he will be a big loss untill he comes back, Thomo will be high on energy but need to be on their game from the get go
Mernda v Lalor-
Lalor have spent big $$$$$$
On a few good players harley ryan div1 standard, a loss here would be a huge kick in the bank

Stars vs Hurstbridge have recruited but has come to the cost of D.Francis, the talk is fitzroy have had poor numbers at training come this thursday they will have 70 there. Im tipping stars to win

Whittlesea v Diamond Creek - Cant see creek winning many games, their Swingman Gutto has chased the coin, i thought eagles would of recurited abit more heavy tbh

My mail out of the bear cave is that their main man Ferraro is not playing this week also? Any one confirm?

Any way my tips
Panton Hill to bring Thomastown back to earth.
Lalor to win by 7 goals against Mernda.
Bridges to shake the comp up with a big win.
Whittlesea by 10+.

Good luck to all involved this week.

Panton Hill vs thomastown
I think this will be a good matchup and closely fought all day with Thomo getting up at home 10pts

Mernda vs Lalor
Another close game with the bloods winning by 15pts

Whittlesea vs Diamond Creek
Whittlesea should win this comfortably by 6-10goals

Stars vs Hurstbridge
There's talk that the Stars have had poor numbers at training etc.. but I can assure you theres been good numbers at training and a core group of 20 senior players have had their biggest pre season to date and it will show. Hurstbridge have recruited well and it should be ripping game to start the season but Stars by 27pts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back