2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We probably should have given Lyon a run in the ODI team.

And given that the keeper will bat at 8 and that the other alternative (Wade is an inferior keeper and only averages in the 20s in ODIs), Nevill is arguably the best option anyway.

It's not like there is a standout alternative that would miss out
His ODD form would suggest he's not the better option.

Averaged 33 last Matadors.

I'm fine with that from my number 8

Either him or Whiteman, although I'm of the view that Whiteman needs 12 months. If we want to pick an inferior keeper, Ben Dunk is a much better option. Genuine hitter and at number 8 thats what I want. I trust the top 7 to not be stupid and be 5 for stuff all.

Averaged 33 last Matadors.

I'm fine with that from my number 8
And bird man equally raises an important point. 2nd in line in November SA series when he played last (that was after Nevill's matador cup and still was picked ahead of him), don't see that changing things tbh.

And bird man equally raises an important point. 2nd in line in November SA series when he played last (that was after Nevill's matador cup and still was picked ahead of him), don't see that changing things tbh.

2nd in line in the ODIs and performed decently.

Meanwhile the selectors hadn't decided on Haddin's heir in the test arena and prefered to let Nevill and Whiteman play shield matches.

Given that there isn't another keeper who demands selection in the ODI team why wouldn't they select the test keeper in the ODIs?

Especially since they'd be batting at 8?

I can't honestly think of any decent reason to select Wade ahead of Nevill.

2nd in line in the ODIs and performed decently.

Meanwhile the selectors hadn't decided on Haddin's heir in the test arena and prefered to let Nevill and Whiteman play shield matches.

Given that there isn't another keeper who demands selection in the ODI team why wouldn't they select the test keeper in the ODIs?

Especially since they'd be batting at 8?

I can't honestly think of any decent reason to select Wade ahead of Nevill.
Because on your premise that they pick based on the test side there's no reason why the shield performances of Wade doesn't put him in the picture.

Bigfooty is truly the place where once things are said it becomes folklore. In this case Wade can't keep and it remains that way for eternity. He has improved his glovework and scored consistently this season but apparently we should just ignore that fact.

Now ultimately I don't really care who is selected at the test or ODI keeper, it truly doesn't bother me tbh. let me make that perfectly clear!

I just disagree with the premise of picking your odi keeper as a sort of initiation towards test cricket.

If Wade or Nevill or Whiteman is the BEST option as ODI keeper, then pick him in that format.

If Wade or Nevill or Whiteman is the BEST option as test keeper then pick him in that format.

Anyway I've got to go, need to find the CV number to let them know the Bigfooty cricket board has decided that Wade should be blackballed from national selection and he should therefore just retire.:rolleyes:

If his keeping was that bad he wouldn't have played for Australia within 3-4 months of a World Cup. It's that simple.

One of the more satisfying things about this win is seeing some of the English commentators eat humble pie. Both Graeme Swann and Michael Vaughan predicted New Zealand to win, they said it was on form but I suspect it was more because they wanted Australian to lose. They couldn't hide their dislike of Australia, Vaughan even having a go at our uniforms saying they weren't gold at all but just yellow. Look forward to hearing them admit they were wrong :D

So yeah, NZ didnt take the sledging very well.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11425081

ae92a93e8e.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the more satisfying things about this win is seeing some of the English commentators eat humble pie. Both Graeme Swann and Michael Vaughan predicted New Zealand to win, they said it was on form but I suspect it was more because they wanted Australian to lose. They couldn't hide their dislike of Australia, Vaughan even having a go at our uniforms saying they weren't gold at all but just yellow. Look forward to hearing them admit they were wrong :D

Interesting, was reading the BBC feed after the game and Vaughan couldn't have been brown-nosing the Aussies any harder.

I'll leave selection to the selectors. They don't seem to get too much wrong, and they're never going to please everyone, no matter which team they select.

As long as Mark Waugh can keep Boof and Marsh honest whenever they suggest Maxwell at number 3.

As long as Mark Waugh can keep Boof and Marsh honest whenever they suggest Maxwell at number 3.

Maxwell is a frustration isn't he? I'm more than happy to endure his idiosyncrasies when playing World Cup for Australia, but no way do I want him anywhere near the Test team. It's a shame because I think he has the talent to be a top Test player, but he has shown he is simply not prepared to adjust his game to Test cricket as Warner did.

Maxwell is a frustration isn't he? I'm more than happy to endure his idiosyncrasies when playing World Cup for Australia, but no way do I want him anywhere near the Test team. It's a shame because I think he has the talent to be a top Test player, but he has shown he is simply not prepared to adjust his game to Test cricket as Warner did.
I say we should give him a go against he west indies this winter. If he goes well enough, he gets in, if he doesn't perform, he goes home.

The pitch invader was a pro Refugee activist.

**** me they're attention seeking losers
Give him a $7k fine (max for a pitch invader I think) and ban him for life from attending all international cricket matches. The dick head could have protested at the rally in the CBD which was on that same day instead of being an attention whore and running onto the MCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back