Traded Charlie Dixon [traded w/ #49 to Port for #10 and 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

So in essence your saying Suns need to give Port their second pick back because Port are taking a risk on a guy with injury concerns? Here is a concept. Don't go for him or offer a pick around 10-15. If your club wants Dixon then it is your job to get the deal done with the Suns. It's not the Suns job to compensate your draft picks or injury concerns.

Anyway we can agree to disagree. We are going around in circles. Clearly i am not a suns supporter. Your club certainly did well in obtaining both Polec and Ryder for well under what they were worth. If you get another result with Dixon good luck to you and your club. But remember their will be a time when a player from your club will want out and clubs will play hard ball with your club.

Bingo :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

None of us know what our clubs are looking for or even if Charlie will go so we are all speculating.

What I do know is we have played hardball with trades in the past and I expect this to be no different.

There are a multitude of options if Port wont deal, I am sure Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon, StKilda, Hawthorn, Collingwood etc will be more than willing to show him around their state of the art facilities.

If he wants to come here pick 7 sounds pretty well dead on.

I don't agree that we'd need a pick back.

We might start our negotiations asking for a pick back, but 7 is fair value
Agree, if our fitness assessment says he is good to go, pick 7 it is. If no on fitness, than I think we would avoid all together.

I'm having trouble to see how Charlie will fit into Port's setup.

How do you think it'll work on field if you indeed cough up your 1st pick for him...

yeah exactly just trying to let old mate know real facts about his supposed high and mighty club

they held West Coast at ransom and gave them pick 28 and a swap of third round picks for a player selected 12 three years prior

they took monfries a pretty established player for essendon for pick 51...this isnt bargain basement smart trading it is holding clubs at ransom and just being crap blokes

Sorry to intrude but you've got your facts wrong on Monfries and why that deal was done. It was done as a trade for a poor draft pick as we had compensation picks tied up in losing Chaplin and Danyle Pearce to free agency and didn't want them mucked around with by signing Monfries as a FA, and Essendon were more then happy to accept pick 51 as they at least got something for him. If memory serves correctly Essendon got Goddard as a FA that year also so Monfries wasn't a big deal to Essendon at the time.

We have been more then fair at times and have also been tight assed and played hard ball at others in the trade period through out our history which shock horror so have all the other clubs in the competition. It's the nature of the business, if Dixon wants to go to Port Adelaide as it seems right now, I'm sure the 2 clubs will sort a fair and reasonable trade out for both clubs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-20/henderson-requests-a-trade-wont-play-again-this-year

If Henderson is worth Geelongs first pick (likely 9-10) then Dixon is worth all of pick 7 and probably more

A) that is only a writer speculating about people speculating about a trade swap.

B) it mentions first pick being involved . Nowhere is it said that it would just be only a straight swap

C) Henderson is only 1 year older then Dixon but has played twice as many games , has kicked more goals despite playing as a key defender often , and has taken approx 4 times as many marks as Dixon.

A) that is only a writer speculating about people speculating about a trade swap.

B) it mentions first pick being involved . Nowhere is it said that it would just be only a straight swap

C) Henderson is only 1 year older then Dixon but has played twice as many games , has kicked more goals despite playing as a key defender often , and has taken approx 4 times as many marks as Dixon.

You don't have to argue every point I make, but if Henderson is so great go after him. :rolleyes:

Henderson is very limited.

Dixon is actually good and I will be disappointed when we miss out on him in trade week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A top ten pick for a bloke with glass ankles ? Please !!! Port are not that desperate surely

This. Would be extremely disappointed if it was Port's first this year that is going for Dixon.

I'll do 2016 1st + 2015 second.

That wont get it done, if you are offering 5 years at $600K as has been reported. You will have to cough up, unfortunately your pick is now looking likely to be No 9, I am not convinced the Suns would accept it.

That wont get it done, if you are offering 5 years at $600K as has been reported. You will have to cough up, unfortunately your pick is now looking likely to be No 9, I am not convinced the Suns would accept it.

There really isn't any difference between a couple of spots in draft picks. I'm a big fan of comparing past trades and I think pick 7-10 is worth a lot more than what we traded for Ryder.

I also don't think the Suns are helping their case when they come out and say Dixon will only be a 15games/season player.

Lions have made another offer that wont be turned down.

A source or prediction?

Just because we're really really used to being bridesmaids for KPFs who are changing teams now. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back