Traded Charlie Dixon [traded w/ #49 to Port for #10 and 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
As a Melbourne supporter, and with plenty of potential on our list, I think it is prudent that our recruiting team be as aggressive as possible this off season and part with draft picks for some proven players. One that comes to mind is Charlie Dixon from GC. Does not seem to have taken off up there and is a young player with lots of good footy in front of him. I'd love us to have him alongside Hogan. What would we have to give up for him?

Thoughts?

"Not taken off"? Arguably their only forward who's given a yelp so far. Avg three goals a game in a shocking side isn't too bad.

He has missed some games, but mostly through injury rather than being dropped.

Would take a first rounder.

Or second rounder + good young player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is that for Melbourne to be a genuine developing side, and to play finals, they need to make a pitch to a guy like Dixon to get them involved in their club. And we have to have a confident approach to convincing him based on a list that wants to stay and a side on the up.

I think if you're going to have a go at a key forward out of the Gold Coast it would be Sam Day.

Looks like he probably needs a fresh start elsewhere, but I don't think GC would give him up on the cheap either.

I think if you're going to have a go at a key forward out of the Gold Coast it would be Sam Day.

Looks like he probably needs a fresh start elsewhere, but I don't think GC would give him up on the cheap either.

As a forward Sam day looks an athlete and not a natural footballer. Should be developed as a chb where he can be lead to the ball.

My point is that for Melbourne to be a genuine developing side, and to play finals, they need to make a pitch to a guy like Dixon to get them involved in their club. And we have to have a confident approach to convincing him based on a list that wants to stay and a side on the up.

Another big forward you could go after would be Mitch Clarke................................................................................Oh oh yeah, sorry forgot

Perhaps we should start whispering in Hogans ear for the same reasons you quote

Would be surprised if he left Gold Coast considering he is a Queenslander and easily their best key forward. Also don't think the Dees need him as bad as some other clubs with Hogan there.

There is another Queensland team ;)

Lynch is a better forward though but Dixon can give the ruckman a rest.

There is another Queensland team ;)

Lynch is a better forward though but Dixon can give the ruckman a rest.

Should've said Queensland :p, would be a very good get for the Lions and not out of the realms of possibility unlike mentioning Hawkins and Rance (sorry can't see that happening).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back