Traded Charlie Dixon [traded w/ #49 to Port for #10 and 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

mate just dont start s**t when we are 18th.

I'm not starting s**t you idiot. It's a legitimate question. At least we have a reason to be 18th. Half our best 22 being injured. Plus we beat Carlton. It's a legitimate question, Carlton are a club in turmoil but they got a few youngsters that look pretty good. Yeah They can offer similar coin but Charlie is a QLD boy who's made no noise about wanting to move to Victoria. Brisbane has more cap room, a better team with less holes and it's a 45 minute move up the road. Like I said cannot see why Carlton would be a more attractive destination. My question still stands why the * Carlton. Collingwood I could understand but Carlton.... No

I'm not starting s**t you idiot. It's a legitimate question. At least we have a reason to be 18th. Half our best 22 being injured. Plus we beat Carlton. It's a legitimate question, Carlton are a club in turmoil but they got a few youngsters that look pretty good. Yeah They can offer similar coin but Charlie is a QLD boy who's made no noise about wanting to move to Victoria. Brisbane has more cap room, a better team with less holes and it's a 45 minute move up the road. Like I said cannot see why Carlton would be a more attractive destination. My question still stands why the **** Carlton. Collingwood I could understand but Carlton.... No
you may be right but they way you say it will cause s**t with people and carlton suporters will get pissed and stuff will fly

you may be right but they way you say it will cause s**t with people and carlton suporters will get pissed and stuff will fly
I'm so scared of s**t flying over the Internet.... Shaking in my boots. Who cares? Carlton supporters can ark up all they want. WHO CARES. It's big footy mate.

I'm so scared of s**t flying over the Internet.... Shaking in my boots. Who cares? Carlton supporters can ark up all they want. WHO CARES. It's big footy mate.
s**t might fly straight out of the screen and that would be messy.

Expect Brisbane to convince Dixon to nominate for the pre season draft with lots of money and the number 1 key forward role:D

would be a bit of a low act wouldn't it. especially after all the "Mummys boys" posturing and chest beating by the Lions when the 5 left. Can't have it both ways

would be a bit of a low act wouldn't it. especially after all the "Mummys boys" posturing and chest beating by the Lions when the 5 left. Can't have it both ways

I don't really understand how it has a "mummy's boys" angle if he's moving an hour up the road and is from Cairns, 1700 km away? It's more just pure poaching like Rischitelli and Brennan. Look on the bright side, you can call him a mercenary too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really understand how it has a "mummy's boys" angle if he's moving an hour up the road and is from Cairns, 1700 km away? It's more just pure poaching like Rischitelli and Brennan. Look on the bright side, you can call him a mercenary too!

Poaching of Rischitelli is a little unfair, as I remember it Voss put him up for trade as part of the Fev deal and when they agreed on Henderson instead he was rightly upset that he had been so easily put up (along with Bradshaw from memory). as a result he decided to move.

As for Brennan we did you a massive favour, he was a spud

As a Suns supporter, what would you deem reasonable?

Its a good question because everyone over rates their own players, the draft is so shallow this year that unless you are right at the pointy end I cant see us biting and I dont think you would give up the no1 -3 pick. I really don't know, your thoughts?

Poaching of Rischitelli is a little unfair, as I remember it Voss put him up for trade as part of the Fev deal and when they agreed on Henderson instead he was rightly upset that he had been so easily put up (along with Bradshaw from memory). as a result he decided to move.

As for Brennan we did you a massive favour, he was a spud

Actually Rischitelli agreed to go to Carlton until they insisted he sign a contract extension beyond the one year he had left. He even went down and had a tour and physical. Everyone suspected he was already heading to GC at the end of the following year, his turning down of the trade because he didn't want to sign a contract extension pretty much confirmed it. Bradshaw definitely got upset over the trade as Voss handled him badly (Bradshaw felt Voss should have been more understanding as they had been teammates and friends, Voss didn't consider that angle), but Rischitelli was interested in not losing his pay day (and fair enough IMO).

With Peter Wright playing well in the 2nds, I think we would be open to a reasonable trade if Charlie did indeed want to go.

Completely off-topic, but I'm still jealous you guys got Wright. I think he'll be great - I definitely wanted him last year.

I think we will win a few games now that we have our best slowly tricking back into the side, Ablett and Swallow this week, Thompson and Bennell next and Martin the week after. I can only hope that the feeling of winning and turning the corner is enough to make Charlie accept less than he would get elsewhere.

I suppose his saying that he want to stay in the article today is a good sign

Completely off-topic, but I'm still jealous you guys got Wright. I think he'll be great - I definitely wanted him last year.

yeah he is a hell of a kid, I was super surprised he was available at pick 8, has a good tank and is a fantastic kick. A couple of years in the gym and he could be anything.

Its a good question because everyone over rates their own players, the draft is so shallow this year that unless you are right at the pointy end I cant see us biting and I dont think you would give up the no1 -3 pick. I really don't know, your thoughts?

I personally was thinking along the lines of what we got for Mitch Clark(pick 12), maybe a smidge higher.

I personally was thinking along the lines of what we got for Mitch Clark(pick 12), maybe a smidge higher.

I assume that will be the pick you get for Aish, I guess we can speculate all we like but Charlie has kicked bags of 7 and 6 twice, Mitch never kicked more than 5 and is not the physical presence that Charlie is.

At the end of the day IF he leaves a nominates Brisbane then you may well be right

The pick we get for Aish might be a little low for a straight swap. Also tend to think we're waiting on Leuenberger contract to see what type of compo we will be looking (Tier 3 would still be pick 20ish)

Maybe Aishes pick (12-18) + Leuenbergers Compo for Dixon and your 3rd rounder (450 points would help us with our academy bids)

Seems fairer but alot to happen from now Til then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back