EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Incorrect. Back half of 2022 there were no temp social rooms set up. They had an undercover area and that’s it. Opposition had portables for change rooms.

In 2023 the home change rooms were also under construction.

2024 the home change rooms are complete. So no change for Tullamarine but opposition clubs will be in a portable. The council are also providing a double portable that will hold 50 people that will be in the car park and used as a temp social rooms so the club can still operate out of. So very different to back end of 2022.

The club want to be at “home” and not at Jacana.
That’s a slightly better situation, thanks for clearing up. Still going to be a tough year for volunteers and I wouldn’t be holding out much hope of oppo teams pouring into your container post game!

That’s a slightly better situation, thanks for clearing up. Still going to be a tough year for volunteers and I wouldn’t be holding out much hope of oppo teams pouring into your container post game!
Not a container. It’s like school class room portables. Agree not ideal but it’s something where the club can still function.

Not a container. It’s like school class room portables. Agree not ideal but it’s something where the club can still function.
What construction progress was made in the last twelve months (if any)?

Interested to know why the council allowed progress to stall for such a long time? Not great for anyone involved… and very frustrating- something that can really cripple an organisation from Auskick all the way through.

Hopefully the turnaround is fast

Interested to know why the council allowed progress to stall for such a long time? Not great for anyone involved… and very frustrating- something that can really cripple an organisation from Auskick all the way through.

Agree. It has been completely mismanaged by the Hume Council.
Multiple delays and disputes over money with the builder with no action or accountability by the council.
This should have been brought to a head 6 months ago

Fairly typical of councils nowadays… They’re more concerned with flying rainbow and Palestine flags and generally sticking their noses into things that shouldn’t concern them, rather than the basics they were elected for…
It's standard of Hume CC. Absurd rates and we get bugger all in return. Took us years to get stuff done at Boardman Reserve and when it was done it was only a half job, over budget and takes way too long.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's standard of Hume CC. Absurd rates and we get bugger all in return. Took us years to get stuff done at Boardman Reserve and when it was done it was only a half job, over budget and takes way too long.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile ap
That’s standard for Hume council sunbury get thee dregs of anything

Simply reason is it's a no election year, councilors and MPs are safe. Josh Bull loves a photo op and only cares about the car park at Sunbury Train Station. I bet they will all be at Tulla for the opening spouting how great they all are just in time for an election campaign. They did the same at Meadow Park Soccer club, did a photoshoot for the paper patting themselves on the back for completing their new rooms, only to keep shut for the soccer club for the next 3 months will they actually got it finished.

Do you think they are in a relegation battle or will avoid that?
Not sure mate, but I was lucky enough to see him at full flight at Mernda a few years back, let me tell ya he is one bloke who could've been a top class local player if injuries didn't stop his progress. Fingers crossed he stays fit.

SWOOPINGTIME

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s standard for Hume council sunbury get thee dregs of anything
Sunbury didn’t like the fact it had to compete with a larger area for funds when bulla and Broadmeadows almagamated such as craigieburn and Roxburgh park greenvale Broadmeadows

When it was the shire of bulla Sunbury got everything and the rest got nothing

Hume city council has been a sore point ever since for the crackly people of Sunbury

Sunbury didn’t like the fact it had to compete with a larger area for funds when bulla and Broadmeadows almagamated such as craigieburn and Roxburgh park greenvale Broadmeadows

When it was the shire of bulla Sunbury got everything and the rest got nothing

Hume city council has been a sore point ever since for the crackly people of Sunbury
I'll agree with that. Anything to do with upgrades for our sports facilities you can just about forget it lol

I'll agree with that. Anything to do with upgrades for our sports facilities you can just about forget it lol

It’s like in every council at every footy club

Getting money out of councils isn’t easy

Have a look at oak park away rooms

Utter disgrace

I once quickly drove home to take a s**t before the senior game started so I wasn’t shitting myself while playing

It’s like in every council at every footy club

Getting money out of councils isn’t easy

Have a look at oak park away rooms

Utter disgrace

I once quickly drove home to take a s**t before the senior game started so I wasn’t shitting myself while playing
Reminds me of the rooms at West Coburg going to the toilet while blokes are in there showering

Does anyone know the result of any of these games, particularly the ones in bold?
Pascoe ValeVHeidelberg
East KeilorVFrankston Pines
GreenvaleVBundoora
Avondale HeightsVWest Coburg
Coburg DistrictsVWest Footscray
Essendon DSVGisborne Giants
HadfieldVSunshine Heights
St AlbansVSt Mary's
Oak ParkVWatsonia
Burnside HeightsVWerribee Centrals
Roxburgh ParkVGlenroy

Remove this Banner Ad