EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that you are defending it and making out that others have done similar says all we need to know.

Please don't talk rubbish Nowhere have I defended the post so please tread carefully.

Sad that there wasn’t someone at the club clued on enough to say “hey, this isn’t ok”. And yet still no accountability.

I certainly don't disagree with that comment.

Wonder how the female players thinking about coming to play who are gay would feel if this is the type of response that is given when it gets called out.

Poor form.

Once again you're wrong. The post was rightly deleted. That's always been my stance.

Last edited:

What’s everyone’s predictions this year now that most of the off season signings are done?
Flag?
BnF?
Goal kicker?

What’s everyone’s predictions this year now that most of the off season signings are done?
Flag?
BnF?
Goal kicker?
Flag - Sunbury
BNF - Weightman from TL
Goal kicker - not quite sure, there are a few blokes that will kick a few bags I think.
It's going to be a great year, Can't wait for it to start. Hope everyone's had a great weekend

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sunbury Kangaroos Sign Ruck Brandon Smith from Coomera, but lose Rhys Magin to Queensland

Sunbury Kangaroos Sign Ruck Brandon Smith from Coomera, but lose Rhys Magin to Queensland
They signed Brandon a few months ago now. Pity Mags didn't hang around but family is priority. Some big numbers at training for the roos, it looks like quite a few have come up from the U17s. Definitely got enough to enter a thirds team this year. Big Al would be happy.

did they recruit any gun forwards because they lost their 2 leading goalkickers in Rhys Magin and Brody Watts

did they recruit any gun forwards because they lost their 2 leading goalkickers in Rhys Magin and Brody Watts
Have got Mitch Johnson from Rupo who is a forward & kayne Murphy has come back and is a star also few blokes from Riddell and other country teams. They have got a pair of younger mids from AVH. They'll be fine I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Walsh will average 4-6 goals a game at that level if he is even half fit.
If he is as fit as he was the last time he played he won’t get out of the goal square. I don’t see a lot of div.2 but I don’t think these days he will be putting the fear into too many opposition full backs. Very good player 5+ years ago! Murphy has class and will be a great recruit

If he is as fit as he was the last time he played he won’t get out of the goal square. I don’t see a lot of div.2 but I don’t think these days he will be putting the fear into too many opposition full backs. Very good player 5+ years ago! Murphy has class and will be a great recruit
Probably right te fitness
Probably right re fitness but he kicked 38 in 8 games in 2022 so if he can find something close to that in this division he will dominate.

Div2 is not great standard Grem. If he gets enough entry in then he will do damage based on your opinion of him. I remember Covelli when he was at Burnside and he didn’t leave the goal square all that often and was a dominant forward as he could mark and kick straight. Plus he was a strong unit. I think as long as he doesn’t get injuries, being as you mentioned a bit unfit, then I’m sure the SK will benefit from have a key forward target in div2.
Sounds like a good pick up for this level but guessing time will tell.

Div2 is not great standard Grem. If he gets enough entry in then he will do damage based on your opinion of him. I remember Covelli when he was at Burnside and he didn’t leave the goal square all that often and was a dominant forward as he could mark and kick straight. Plus he was a strong unit. I think as long as he doesn’t get injuries, being as you mentioned a bit unfit, then I’m sure the SK will benefit from have a key forward target in div2.
Sounds like a good pick up for this level but guessing time will tell.
Out of curiosity Turbo, how does Div 2 EDFL compare to that of the WRFL?

Out of curiosity Turbo, how does Div 2 EDFL compare to that of the WRFL?
Mate edfl div2 which is C grade is higher than WRFL div3 mate imo. But let’s be honest it’s still C grade. Burnside recruit Hovey kicked 113 in WRFL div3 so let’s see how he goes. Great pick up but probably won’t kick that many in edfl div3.
WRFL now moved to only 2 divisions so it’s a bit more difficult to gauge as that competition will have 5-6 competitive clubs and the rest will probably get smashed on a good day with all sides being full strength. Albion/Sunshine etc vs Nth Sunshine/Rockbank/Braybrook etc that probably 20-30 goal difference

Probably right te fitness

Probably right re fitness but he kicked 38 in 8 games in 2022 so if he can find something close to that in this division he will dominate.

If averaging almost 5 goals a game while ‘unfit’ then I’d hate to imagine what sort out damage he would do in EDFL D2.

Should comfortably kick 50+ if plays 12 games or more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back