EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I know its not senior footy but if any clubs juniors are looking for a practice match for their 10s, 12s and 14s shoot me a DM.

Finding it hard to get games with ground availability.

Any scores from Hadfield / Saints practices?

Watched the reserves and half the seniors game. Surprised with the reserves held there own against hillsides. Hillside senoirs much to strong Covelli from what I seen kicked a few goals early on. Haddy had a few of there better players out as I’m sure Hillside did also. In saying that haddy looked good in patches and will surprise a few I think.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Watched the reserves and half the seniors game. Surprised with the reserves held there own against hillsides. Hillside senoirs much to strong Covelli from what I seen kicked a few goals early on. Haddy had a few of there better players out as I’m sure Hillside did also. In saying that haddy looked good in patches and will surprise a few I think.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I watched aswell, and I concur, I think despite the quality opposition in this practice match, Haddy showed enough to make me believe they will be much better than last year.

I watched aswell, and I concur, I think despite the quality opposition in this practice match, Haddy showed enough to make me believe they will be much better than last year.

This is good to hear. Despite fearing for my life having to play Hadfield a million years ago, it's a better comp when they're going ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to a Saints person just after Christmas who said they absolutely expect to win the flag in 2024. And he's not really a big noter.

Will be an interesting division again.
Sunbury Kangas or Taylor's Lakes for the flag for me. Going to be a great year. Can't wait to see what she brings

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spoke to a Saints person just after Christmas who said they absolutely expect to win the flag in 2024. And he's not really a big noter.

Will be an interesting division again.

A good expectation to have. Aim high, stretch yourselves, put in the work, a little luck on the way, who knows what will happen, but it starts with attitude.

Also heard they were beaten, soundly beaten in the first half and but got better as the game wore on. Also heard they were poor in the ruck and midfield, so hopefully they take the next few weeks and sort those things out if the case.

Practice games are so important.

Any results from prac matches last weekend?

I’ve seen quite a few clubs if not all playing a match this weekend. Good luck to all

Ladder prediction:
1. Taylors Lakes
2. Sunbury Kangaroos
3. Northern Saints
4. Westmeadows
5. Coburg Districts
6. Glenroy
7. Hadfield
8. Burnside Heights
9. East Sunbury

A lot of unknowns this year could see the likes of Taylors lakes, Sunbury Kangaroos and Northern Saints almost a lock for top 3 but could finish in any order. I could see atleast 3 teams vying for that 4th spot and may even be a chance to snag 3rd. I don't think we can write off Westmeadows or Glenroy just because they have dropped down a divison. Both teams very different Glenroy have recruited players whether there players who will help them succeed or be more roll players is yet to be determined. Westmeadows will have to rely on the development of their young players if they have any chance of success this year as recruits have been scarce. Westmeadows have defnitely got the pace but whether they can get the ball out from the contest to there runners will be the make or break. Hadfield is another club who is unknown with a few big name reqruits can that help power them to that 4th spot. Coburg could be also another team that can push for finals with also a fair few handy recruits.

Interested to see everyone elses ladder predictions and overall thoughts on other teams?

Good side Ktown, should go very well in the riddell league this year. Is that concerning for KP or did they have blokes not playing?

Kp just survived relegation

As I was saying to a life member 20204 will be a lean year but to end up in div 2 isn’t the end of the world. Playing competitive footy is

Kp surviving this year might depend on how rupos walk out affects them

Good side Ktown, should go very well in the riddell league this year. Is that concerning for KP or did they have blokes not playing?

SK were very undermanned in the seniors I've heard Players with cricket etc. I believe SK twos done Kynetons twos fairly easily. Who's versing who this week guys? Not long to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back