EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort by Westmeadows today I thought in a game they never really looked like winning. Very, very young and lots of run. I thought their ruck man was outstanding.
What was the score line ?

Any results on any other games? Heard SK just got beaten by Kilmore and ES beaten by 4 goals against central’s

TL v riddell tomorrow if I’m correct

Glenroy beat Suns from the WRFL by 10 goals and Haddy with an easy win over Sunshine Heights

Bears lost to Werribee centrals by a few points. Hovey , Evans and others missing .
Districts beat Nth Footscray

I see there is two games in div 1 and 1 game for premier this friday. Is there ever a div 2 game on good Friday? I know it's hard to organise with players probably wanting to go away for the long weekend but I think a decent game could be organised? Any one got any thoughts?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I see there is two games in div 1 and 1 game for premier this friday. Is there ever a div 2 game on good Friday? I know it's hard to organise with players probably wanting to go away for the long weekend but I think a decent game could be organised? Any one got any thoughts?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
There has been games in the past, think Coburg Districts & KP had one going for a couple of years. Any clubs can request the fixture, not always easy to find an opponent.

My ladder prediction for the year seeing as we’re only a couple weeks out from the real stuff, hard to split a few as I think it will be a very even comp apart from East Sunbury

1. TL
2. SK
3. Glenroy
4. Northern Saints
5. Districts
6. BH
7. Westmeadows
8. Hadfield
9. ES

My ladder prediction for the year seeing as we’re only a couple weeks out from the real stuff, hard to split a few as I think it will be a very even comp apart from East Sunbury

1. TL
2. SK
3. Glenroy
4. Northern Saints
5. Districts
6. BH
7. Westmeadows
8. Hadfield
9. ES
Think East could be in real trouble they will need their list to stay healthy as depth is an issue

Think East could be in real trouble they will need their list to stay healthy as depth is an issue

Disagree here. Think they’ll have more depth than last year. Have gotten rid of some slow older body’s that couldn’t really give 2 f$@&$ and braught in some quality players and youth. Think they will be more competitive than last year if anything.

Not to mention having an a full time coach on the sidelines will help them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L Rayner just announced at Taylor’s Lakes
The salary cap is now alive and kicking across all three men’s divisions.

Taylors Lakes in a canter,

interestingly, Steve Burns coached sides haven’t won a final in his last 6 years of coaching.

2015-2019 HS
2023 TL

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
L Rayner just announced at Taylor’s Lakes
The salary cap is now alive and kicking across all three men’s divisions.

Taylors Lakes in a canter,

interestingly, Steve Burns coached sides haven’t won a final in his last 6 years of coaching.

2015-2019 HS
2023 TL

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Massive recruit for Div.2

Massive recruit for Div.2
Not sure why anyone of his ability and age would consider playing C grade footy. Huge drop in standard from where his been playing. Believe he decided to recommit to Aspley weeks ago and stay in QLD so strange! Is he full time with Taylor’s Lakes or is this a late April fool joke??

Not sure why anyone of his ability and age would consider playing C grade footy. Huge drop in standard from where his been playing. Believe he decided to recommit to Aspley weeks ago and stay in QLD so strange! Is he full time with Taylor’s Lakes or is this a late April fool joke??
In 12 months it will most likely be div.1. He has obviously chosen to play under the old coach and with some mates, nothing wrong with that. You have all these rules and judgements about current players Turbo, what standard they should play, how tough they are suppose to be etc!
You must have played the highest level and never once shirked a contest ol mate 🙊

In 12 months it will most likely be div.1. He has obviously chosen to play under the old coach and with some mates, nothing wrong with that. You have all these rules and judgements about current players Turbo, what standard they should play, how tough they are suppose to be etc!
You must have played the highest level and never once shirked a contest ol mate 🙊
He has obviously chosen to play C Grade where it's easier to run around and get a kick - nothing wrong with that..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back