Essendon want Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

tiges in the box seat if they want him. they already have pick 15 & a compensation pick...

if caddy really wants to be back in melbourne with his dad i'm sure they could make it happen

as much as i want caddy at richmond i'd prefer to be able to keep the compensation pick somehow

We have heard that before.

tiges in the box seat if they want him. they already have pick 15 & a compensation pick...

if caddy really wants to be back in melbourne with his dad i'm sure they could make it happen

as much as i want caddy at richmond i'd prefer to be able to keep the compensation pick somehow
your compensation pick is end of round 1. and your first pick is around ours

teams could trump that offer with their first pick plus a good player

We have pick 17, and our after first selection compo pick, which is better than anything Richmond can offer. We will also have another compo pick for Sam Reid.
Melbourne and us hold the power over everyone (in terms of picks, not where they want to go)
We might not even bother though, and Caddy may yet stay.

Havent read whole thread, sorry, but where would Caddy go in 2011 and 2012 drafts respectively?

I would like the dogs to take this kind of opportunity if its a good one.

You cant really say "the reason Im going is my dad" and then nominate only one preferred Melbourne team. (if you're contracted)

of course they could. any potential offer can always be trumped

there are logistics involved with offering up a good player though...ie the player has to agree to being traded...& with 24 hrs left in trade week that is looking less likely

essendon are trying to secure an end of round 1 compensation pick to package up with pick 19 to secure caddy. as GC are after a compensation pick they can use in next years draft

richmond has pick 15 this year...which is better than both norths & essendons first rounder. & also the earliest pick of any victorian based club this year...they also already the end of first round compensation pick that GC are looking for

as it stands right now, the tiges are keen & if they want to pull the trigger they are in the box seat in terms of what they can offer

You cant really say "the reason Im going is my dad" and then nominate only one preferred Melbourne team. (if you're contracted)

Needs to be stickied at the top of every page in this thread.

We have pick 17, and our after first selection compo pick, which is better than anything Richmond can offer. We will also have another compo pick for Sam Reid.
Melbourne and us hold the power over everyone.
Reid compo wont be anything good

Melbourne and us hold the power over everyone (in terms of picks, not where they want to go)
Melb and Bulldogs have the power with those picks if they are actually interested no doubt. I think he meant Richmond's 15 & compo would be better than Essendon 19 & compo as was proposed originally.

Havent read whole thread, sorry, but where would Caddy go in 2011 and 2012 drafts respectively?

I would like the dogs to take this kind of opportunity if its a good one.

Yes you can
He wants to go to essendon but should be willing to go to any victorian but essendon would be his preffered club

Viewing this on draft picks alone is very simplistic.

Picks 19 to 15 alone won't necessarily close the deal if a decent player can also be bundled in to a trade.

Essendon would get the deal done if they got Pick 12 off Brisbane. Pick 19 & a player might get the job done.

Neither Slattery, Dyson (who will be delisted & then end up at GWS) & McVeigh (he wouldn't be playing AFL if he was at a club other than Essendon) appeal. Reimers might get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how when Gunston wanted to go to Hawthorn you all saw it as a done thing.

Yet Caddy wants to go to Essendon and all we get is 36 pages of utter tripe from other clubs about how they're going to trump us.

Yeah like Lindsay Thomas?????????????? ummm who is this the guy who got dropped for having the yips, sounds promising?

I rate Hooker, Caddy and a select few other young midfielders e.g. shuey, gaff, dangerfield etc are the only type of players I would trade Hooker for, Gold Coast need kpp not duds and that includes slattery, Dyson etc.

But as for North and Richmond supporters trying to get in on the act, well think again 99% of players that nominate a club end up there. Mitch Clarke is the exception.

We'll find out tomorrow, but to me he will wither be a sun or a bomber.

Essendon would get the deal done if they got Pick 12 off Brisbane. Pick 19 & a player might get the job done.

Neither Slattery, Dyson (who will be delisted & then end up at GWS) & McVeigh (he wouldn't be playing AFL if he was at a club other than Essendon) appeal. Reimers might get it done.

TWR just said GC knocked back an offer from Essendon which was pick 19 and an unknown player.

He is a first year player who is contracted, has played only 2 AFL games and wants to come home for his ailing father. Okay fair enough circumstances, but to state a preferred club? Get f*cked. Seriously, all this club nomination stuff is becoming a joke and undermining the game where trading and drafting is concerned.

Be grateful if GC allow a trade to any Melbourne club son, welcome to the real world.

He is pick 7 in a much stronger draft and Essendon thinks 19 will do it because he has nominated them? No wonder nobody wants to ever deal with that club...

You are all forgetting one very important factor...He nominated Essendon.

He wants to be a bomber, not a tiger or a roo or a bulldog but a bomber and im sure he has very strong reasons as to why.

The deal will be done, because if not he will next un-contracted next year for next to nothing and that is an absolute guarantee. Can you imagine the bitterness Caddy would have towards the Gold Coast football club if they keep him from his sick Father, the kids mind has clearly already been made up....it is an incredibly strong statement (especially from a youngster) when they indicate that they want to move clubs and nominate a specific club.

The only question is whether he will be in Melbourne this year or next year.

If you want to come home from a team in a different state and you state compassionate leave as your reason, it seems like then going "Oh but I want to go to Essendon" is counter-productive.

Surely if you want to come home SO badly (and his reason is obviously a good one), you'd be happy to end up at ANY Melbourne club.

That's my take on it anyway.

Brisbane have stated picks #8 & #12 are off the table.

Only an idiot would believe they won't use Pick 12 to go after a Tippett. If that fails, they then might entertain more offers.

They will be active as any club until the deadline.

Nick Stevens says hello.

Funny how when Gunston wanted to go to Hawthorn you all saw it as a done thing.

Yet Caddy wants to go to Essendon and all we get is 36 pages of utter tripe from other clubs about how they're going to trump us.

He wants to be a bomber, not a tiger or a roo or a bulldog but a bomber and im sure he has very strong reasons as to why.

Has Josh actually come out and stated this or are you simply relying on the opinion of a journalist that follows Essendon?

As far as I know, Caddy primarily wants to return to Melbourne to be with his father.

He is pick 7 in a much stronger draft and Essendon thinks 19 will do it because he has nominated them? No wonder nobody wants to ever deal with that club...

Are you just making this up? I think you are.

Essendon's first offer was pick #19 and a player.

This was knocked back so they are trying to get Brisbanes compo pick so they can offer #19 & #compo pick.

At no stage was pick #19 alone put on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back