International Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

A follow up on Kangaroos4eva post. Just curious with all the international posters here, how many of you were born overseas and what made you start following AFL?

Following on from this, does anyone know if it is possible to post a map of the world with all the locations of our international supporters marked on it? Maybe even one of Australia as well just to show where our support comes from.

Sadly way beyond my computer capabilities.

Following on from this, does anyone know if it is possible to post a map of the world with all the locations of our international supporters marked on it? Maybe even one of Australia as well just to show where our support comes from.

Sadly way beyond my computer capabilities.

Now why didn't I think of that... ;)

Anyone have any idea if there's a map on the net where everyone enters in their postcode (or whatever) to show how far out everyone is spread? Would be good to see how far and wide the Roos network spans.

I'm not a Roos fan I'm afraid, but my girlfriend is and we are both born and raised USAans who are footy fans. I bought her an international membership for her birthday. We have been to one live footy game when we watched the Fort Lauderdale Fighting Squids defeat the Houston Longhorns last year. Perhaps WatooRoo was there. I was able to see what a Sherrin actually feels like and had the first and only disposal of my life. (100% DE)

English, Live in Manchester, was over in 2007 & 2008 and was in Melbourne for pretty much all the 2008 season. Been watching internet streams since.

Kinda stummbled on the game flipping through the channels and thought what is this insanity in 98 took me a few years to get into it. I am not a sports follower normally. I cant put my finger on why North maybe just the way they played and around the end of 02-start of 03 North was my team
What city are you from mate?? Do you have an nfl team?

Born and raised
On a playground where you spent most of ya days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in ya neighbourhood
You got in one little fight and ya mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

Ripping thread :thumbsu:

I am glad I'm not one of you anymore though. Much easier following North from Melbourne!
Exactly my feelings. I spent all of last year in Mexico City. All those nights watching the boys play at 1am or 3am or whatever. Never could quite get my Mexican girlfriend to share in the enthusiasm haha. It was tough. Especially not being there for the Elimination final. Very excited about the start of a new season and being back in Melbourne. Round 2 against Brisbane at Etihad will be my first game since 2013 so I'm very very pumped right now. I'll always be a proud North supporter flying the flag no matter where I happen to find myself around the planet but nothing beats being back in Melbourne. Best coffee in the world too IMO :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive had 15 years in Japan. Ive seen 3 live games since July 2000. All games were the first of the season, due to work commitments here in Japan. I saw one NMFC game, against the Pies, but apart from that, none. Boomer was the only player I had seen play live, so was great to see others play. Now, my daughter and I are members, and we visited training a few years ago, and spoke to several players. My daughter loves Wellsy, coz he spent some more time with us, and signed a teddy for her. Good memories.
We are hoping to move back to Oz next year, but wont be Melbourne (Gold Coast)....

Knife a'goes in, guts a'come out, that's what Osaka Seafood Concern is all abouuuuut.

Oops, it was the year before that. We're thinking of coming over for the regionals. just not sure we can work out the logistics.

Carn the Squids!
the year before was one of my better games :O)

Did you play in the nationals last year? And are you playing in them this year in Texas?
I played last year at 43 will be 44 in August. I think the body is done not a bad run I started playing at 35. With the sxception of 2010 I played at all nationals since 2008

I played last year at 43 will be 44 in August. I think the body is done not a bad run I started playing at 35. With the sxception of 2010 I played at all nationals since 2008

Good stuff, mate.

I missed last year due to work commitments but I'll be turning up this year. I'll wear my NMFC hoodie. If you do end up turning up come say g'day :thumbsu:

Another London Roo checking in! Nothing like waking up at 6am every weekend to watch games... :|

A follow up on Kangaroos4eva post. Just curious with all the international posters here, how many of you were born overseas and what made you start following AFL?
I can't remember if I've already posted this here: First visit to Melbourne in 2012, stayed in North Melbourne for 2 months, went to the Geelong game that season, North won, never looked back!

Ripping thread :thumbsu:

I am glad I'm not one of you anymore though. Much easier following North from Melbourne!
+1. I spent almost a decade living in Europe and Asia. GF day was the worst in Europe as the drinking usually started at about 6am. When I was living in Amsterdam it led to a couple of interesting bike rides home, weaving through the Saturday morning shoppers.

The good thing about being overseas is that after debacles like on Sunday, you can easily get out of the footy bubble and go and watch some petanque, caber tossing, utensil fighting or sumo wrestling to ease the pain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back