Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

No. Pies have always been willing to trade freeman . At no stage did they take the same stance as brisbane. What balme said is that he thinks a player in freemans situation should repay the faith. Im sure you agree that is true - but the club must also take responsibility for his departure and failure to play.

So its not 'gold'. How can you people so easily come to conclusions that are so obviously wrong? Some seriously 2nd rate opinions and c*** coming from these boards

In no way is there a contradiction between aish and freeman - on a trading level, player level, or the individual level. Even on a club level.
Ok i won't think it's gold anymore because you said so.

Hawks will have a crack For sure and have plenty of capital ! And many clubs before the pies in the draft , fact is pies you have no chance ! Accept it , all your options go with treylor boys

Move on to next deal , Aish won't be in a magpie jumper next season ! Be funny if treylor jumps to the blues !
Strange. You don't want to trade him. Why do posters continually bring this up? The issue here is that Brisbane don't want to trade him. It's about not trading him at all. That's your clubs stance. Why would another clubs offer make any difference?

It'll be funnier if we land Aisho in the National Draft. i thought this was going to be a boring draft night for us after we secure Treloar but it'll have more interest once Aisho nominates for the National Draft.

At least Brisbane get their desired result. Sending him to the National Draft. So that's somewhat of a win.:oops:

How does that help Brisbane?

BS. Carlton laughed later that they had no intention of parting with pick 2. An additional player was never in play. They tempted Port with it, purely to stall a trade that would mean Stevens went to the PSD.

It's funny with all the years of trading and drafting, there's only one real highlighted case of a player not getting to his chosen destination. Jade Rwalings was another in the same year. Wanted NM got picked up by Dogs with pick 1. Steven went pick 2.

What pick do you think he'll slide too in the National Draft? A truck load of clubs will enquire before the draft for sure. He says no, I only want Collingwood. What clubs will be willing to draft a guy with a high draft pick that they know doesn't want to be there? Later pick or PSD draft no doubt take a punt as your not missing out on something.

If he puts a decent price on his head, I'd suggest late teens. Should get snapped up by 20. Brisbane could always re-draft him with an early 20's pick if they haven't used all the 20's picks on academy kids.

Much better discussion. He's gone from Brisbane and heading to the National draft. It should just be a discussion on who'll pick in with the highest pick come Late November.

it doesnt

will help us if carlton are interested though ;-)

Right.

So he played 4 games in the VFL during April and May.

Then he had surgery in May.

He didn't play for the rest of the season.
Exploratory surgery because he was in discomfort. They found that there was scar tissue attached to the nerves and cleaned it up.

It's pretty well documented, but I guess it's just easier to make s**t up.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-13/young-magpie-nathan-freemans-hamstring-surgery-very-positive

Never mind that he hadn't played a game for 12 months, never mind that he had completed a full preseason. Apparently it's the clubs fault for bringing him back too early.

Spare me...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exploratory surgery because he was in discomfort. They found that there was scar tissue attached to the nerves and cleaned it up.

It's pretty well documented, but I guess it's just easier to make s**t up.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-13/young-magpie-nathan-freemans-hamstring-surgery-very-positive

Never mind that he hadn't played a game for 12 months, never mind that he had completed a full preseason. Apparently it's the clubs fault for bringing him back too early.

Spare me...

He told the club something was wrong with his hamstring. They said, it's ok, play some VFL.

Lo & behold, there was something wrong with his hamstring.

He missed another while season.

Spare me.

I do wonder deep down if Collingwood fans will ever move on from beams

To counter the "wel y don u stop talkin bout da go hme fiv den?!"

Because one revolves around a big issue at afl level and the other is a trade that both teams won yet it's insisted Brisbane poached a player who wanted to be closer to his sick dad.

Much love to you all.

Because one revolves around a big issue at afl level and the other is a trade that both teams won yet it's insisted Brisbane poached a player who wanted to be closer to his sick dad.

Much love to you all.
Very much over it thank you! Love the players that have come onto our list for trading him.
From a pure football decision I think it's one Beam$ may regret for a long time, but he i$ happy counting hi$ $$$:)

Very much over it thank you! Love the players that have come onto our list for trading him.
From a pure football decision I think it's one Beam$ may regret for a long time, but he i$ happy counting hi$ $$$:)

If you're over it what's with the $$$ sort of feels like you're not.

Also I'm assuming you're also angry at treloar for chasing the $$$

Or more likely you're of the myopic view that Collingwood=Good Literallyanythingelse=Bad

Not judging but kind of am

The reason the lions are making a stance on aish not being traded to Collingwood is not that they don't like Collingwood. Its they are sick of kids coming to Brisbane for a couple of years and then choosing where they get traded to. When it should be if ur a second year player and want out you go to whoever is going to give Brisbane the best deal. So that is why they are willing to lose him to the preseason draft for nothing. Just to send a message to all the other players.

I think that the lions should trade aish to Carlton for bell and casbolt. The lions might even throw a late pick in just to sweeten the deal.

Much love to you all.

If the Lions want a 4 year service rule across the AFL then make the argument and convince the stakeholders in the AFL to go along with it.

I'd be interested to know if the Lions automatically offer all new draftees 4 year deals on draft day, after all these things cut both ways.

If they don't then imposing a veto on trading Aish for this 'higher purpose' appears a bit contrived.

If the Lions want a 4 year service rule across the AFL then make the argument and convince the stakeholders in the AFL to go along with it.

I'd be interested to know if the Lions automatically offer all new draftees 4 year deals on draft day, after all these things cut both ways.

If they don't then imposing a veto on trading Aish for this 'higher purpose' appears a bit contrived.

It feels like you made up a situation in your head but then actually derided for the club for doing something that didn't happen in reality but hey that's ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back