Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

unless it is a very good offer from the pies i would follow through and let him go for nothing. who wants 3rd round picks in a poor quality draft and we dont want a player thrown in as steak knives. lets hope it ends up the same as buckleys decision all those years ago. ie. left brisbane for a big melbourne club for premiership glory, looked what happened (01,02,03).

I remember our fans were not happy with the Beams deal thought Hine had weakened in taking CRISP as part of the deal.
How did that work out? In a weak draft your better of taking a second rounder with either Oxley, Kennedy or Seedsman.

I find it interesting how many picks Saints supporters think they have in the PSD.

As an example, if Saints were interested in Aish and wanting to pick him up in the PSD why wouldn't the Pies just send Freeman to the PSD forcing Saints to pick Freeman via there - especially if it is apparently 3rd round or above for Freeman as most want it to be - a nothing pick in this draft.

In regards to Brisbane it is an interesting situation as it seems of all the threats over the years since Stevens this one may just be the one. Lethal and now Swann signing from the same hymn book. If it is an ambit claim, he is not an elite player that will elicit a ridiculous trade from the Pies allowing Brisbane to backtrack via the value of the trade - it has the hallmarks of a stalemate.

Is Aish that good Lions fans? From the few games I've seen he's ok. Wondering why and how he's created all this interest as to what he does.

Taylor>Aish. In fact, our academy kid Keays this year will slot straight in next season and play better and with more heart than Aish has/did/ever will.

I remember our fans were not happy with the Beams deal thought Hine had weakened in taking CRISP as part of the deal.
How did that work out? In a weak draft your better of taking a second rounder with either Oxley, Kennedy or Seedsman.

Kennedy and Seeds will be going to Melbourne and GC probably. We actually rated Crisp quite highly, Oxley we have no foresight on and therefore could end up another list clogger.

Tough for the Lions. Losing him would set them back 3-4 years like Scully leaving Melbourne did. Doesn't need to be a major contributor, but having talent gives you something to build around and improve your depth.

I wouldn't accept anything lower than pick 10. Pies might need to get a lower club involved to land the pick to trade on.

Honestly, this is like an Eagles fan booing Jobe Watson. The irony.

You poached Dayne Beams whilst under contract last year and we have now done the same to you. It should not cause any angst at all.

Do unto others as you would like done unto you.

Same Same, but different yeah

Everyone forgets the mountains of s**t we copped for bending over when those 5 kids told us they wanted to **** off. Now we decide enoughs enough, we need to take a stance, we're called idiots for not just copping our pills and bending over like a good little feeder club.

Its ******* moronic.

Firstly I would be pretty P!ssed off at your own club. Brisbane should be a great place for people to go and play footy and people are walking out in droves. A very big part of this has to be the enviroment of that football club.

You got shafted in those deals and if the offer from our club is not fair then by all means send him to the draft. I would not blame you. But if the offer is fair(say our next years first rounder) then it would be foolish to lose him for nothing.

First thing your club needs to do however it take a good hard look at the reasons players keep leaving.

If sydney can build a culture were people want to come and play Brisbane should have no problem doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what fantasy is this happening?
You'll have to use your first on Mills. Two mid 20's picks could actually land you with more points than pick 14. If it's beneficial for both clubs, I don't see why you guys wouldn't go for it.

Players have too much power. They shouldn't get to nominate a club until they are Free Agents.
They need to increase the initial 2 year contract to 3 years. Players usually play better footy in their 3rd year. Hence they maintain, increase or decrease their market value from the initial pick they were draft at and club get proper compensation for them.

Like they won't do a deal.
They will not cut off their nose to spite their face.

So what are they going to do from hereon? Turf every player who wants to go to the drafts and then plea for priority picks?

Yeah I don't think so. Club is just positioning itself to extract best outcome they can.

Honestly, this is like an Eagles fan booing Jobe Watson. The irony.

You poached Dayne Beams whilst under contract last year and we have now done the same to you. It should not cause any angst at all.

Do unto others as you would like done unto you.

Same Same, but different yeah
it is nothing like the beams situation, he wanted to go home because his father was sick. aish just wants to go for $$$

Taylor>Aish. In fact, our academy kid Keays this year will slot straight in next season and play better and with more heart than Aish has/did/ever will.
So you're saying Aish is overrated? Cool, second rounder by itself should get it done :thumbsu:

He has requested a trade. Note the use of the word "request". The request does not have to be fulfilled by Brisbane. Either a trade deal is done between Brisbane and Collingwood or Aish takes his chances in the draft.
A fair trade will get done

Kennedy and Seeds will be going to Melbourne and GC probably. We actually rated Crisp quite highly, Oxley we have no foresight on and therefore could end up another list clogger.

Kennedy to Melbourne in the Melksham deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back