Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2015 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be making an announcement on Wednesday evening so stay tuned.

Interesting to hear the hype is getting that big. Will need to keep a closer eye out by the sound of it.

Petrevski-Seton and Powell-Pepper are the two that have really caught my eye. Petrevski-Seton was the most impactful a few weeks back v Werribee and has special talent and impact per possession. Powell-Pepper I really like for his potential as an onballer, and with that size and athleticism I'm really intrigued.

Powell-Pepper I prefer as a half back with some time in the middle, he is a Beau Waters/Luke Hodge type.
He has got a lot fitter this year and is eating better, but still needs to improve his fitness a fair way.
Is one of those types that know how to find the footy and impact a game.

Petrevski-Seton like you said special talent, being part of the AIS has been great for him, seeing a bit of the world.
Its opened his eyes a lot.
Being a Broome Bardi boy will always feel the tug of home, so will need to be managed well by whoever picks him up.
But if a club can get 5 or 6 years of him they will be pretty great years
if freo keep going as they are they may be able to draft him with a bottom 3 pick
Reminds me of Peter Matera at times

Who are your best 5 SA boys?

Scharenberg, Slimming, Graham, Sweet and Parfitt I look at as the best 5 in SA.

Powell-Pepper I prefer as a half back with some time in the middle, he is a Beau Waters/Luke Hodge type.
He has got a lot fitter this year and is eating better, but still needs to improve his fitness a fair way.
Is one of those types that know how to find the footy and impact a game.

Petrevski-Seton like you said special talent, being part of the AIS has been great for him, seeing a bit of the world.
Its opened his eyes a lot.
Being a Broome Bardi boy will always feel the tug of home, so will need to be managed well by whoever picks him up.
But if a club can get 5 or 6 years of him they will be pretty great years
if freo keep going as they are they may be able to draft him with a bottom 3 pick
Reminds me of Peter Matera at times

Powell-Pepper can provide run off half back and takes on the game well. I just love what Powell-Pepper offers through the midfield. Big body. Wins the ground balls. Has the pace. Scoreboard impact last weekend with 5 goals is mighty impressive to go with his 25 disposals.

Petrevski-Seton from WA is my man. So impactful. Even starting to find the ball in bunches which is exciting for someone who can do so much damage with ball in hand with those skills and ability to take on the game. Matera is a nice comparison. I liked Petrevski-Seton to a Shaun Burgoyne with his versatility and ability to impact midfield/back probably forward if he wanted to. He's an incredible baller and my definite number one from WA at this stage anyway, if not in the mix for the top overall pick.

Major Announcement!

This afternoon my first weekly AFL draft column has been posted onto ESPN's AFL website titled "Knightmare's AFL Draft Wrap". Make sure you check the ESPN AFL website 5pm every Wednesday for my weekly wrap. I will every week this AFL season post my thoughts on the weeks u18 AFL action across the country. Further to this I will also post my power rankings at the end of each month up onto the ESPN website (exact day/s this will go up each month yet to be determined and will post an update on that here also). I will also at seasons end be posting up my yearly phantom draft onto ESPN.

While I'm now writing for ESPN I'm also happy to announce I will continue my involvement on bigfooty. I will start my yearly draft almanac thread over the coming weeks and continue to be accessible and answer all draft related questions as per normal in my thread as I enjoy talking footy and AFL draft. My power rankings and draft profiles on bigfooty though I will update around the second week of each month (reflecting what I post on ESPN - it's just going to go up a week or so later onto bigfooty as I need to earn a living and get some views on ESPN after all).

Last edited:

Major Announcement!

This afternoon my first weekly AFL draft column has been posted onto ESPN's AFL website titled "Knightmare's AFL Draft Wrap". Make sure you check the ESPN AFL website 5pm every Wednesday for my weekly wrap. I will every week this AFL season post my thoughts on the weeks u18 AFL action across the country. Further to this I will also post my power rankings at the end of each month up onto the ESPN website (exact day/s this will go up each month yet to be determined and will post an update on that here also). I will also at seasons end be posting up my yearly phantom draft.

While I'm now writing for ESPN I'm also happy to announce I will continue my involvement on bigfooty. I will start my yearly draft almanac thread over the coming weeks and continue to be accessible and answer all draft related questions as per normal in my thread as I enjoy talking footy and AFL draft. My power rankings and draft profiles on bigfooty though I will update around the second week of each month (reflecting what I post on ESPN - it's just going to go up a week or so later onto bigfooty as I need to earn a living and get some views on ESPN after all).
Haha, I knew something like this was coming when you said major announcement :) Congrats Knightmare, you deserve it.

Major Announcement!

This afternoon my first weekly AFL draft column has been posted onto ESPN's AFL website titled "Knightmare's AFL Draft Wrap". Make sure you check the ESPN AFL website 5pm every Wednesday for my weekly wrap. I will every week this AFL season post my thoughts on the weeks u18 AFL action across the country. Further to this I will also post my power rankings at the end of each month up onto the ESPN website (exact day/s this will go up each month yet to be determined and will post an update on that here also). I will also at seasons end be posting up my yearly phantom draft.

Great news mate- shows hard work pays off- I'm sure we've crossed paths at the TAC Cup this year :p

Great news mate- shows hard work pays off- I'm sure we've crossed paths at the TAC Cup this year :p

Highly likely. I've been to every game played at Visy Park this season.

I'm hoping this weekend to make it to the Sandy v NT and Eastern v Tassie games.

If ever you've seen anyone taking notes constantly throughout a game like their life depends on it. That will almost certainly be me.

Major Announcement!

This afternoon my first weekly AFL draft column has been posted onto ESPN's AFL website titled "Knightmare's AFL Draft Wrap". Make sure you check the ESPN AFL website 5pm every Wednesday for my weekly wrap. I will every week this AFL season post my thoughts on the weeks u18 AFL action across the country. Further to this I will also post my power rankings at the end of each month up onto the ESPN website (exact day/s this will go up each month yet to be determined and will post an update on that here also). I will also at seasons end be posting up my yearly phantom draft onto ESPN.

This should have it's own Thread in the Draft and Trade Board

Major Announcement!

Great to see all your hard work and passion is now something you're getting paid for and seen by a global audience. Congrats KM!
The next generation of footy stars: Knightmare's AFL Draft Wrap

Good stuff, post a link here or something each time your column goes up will you?

Ideally I would (post a link in here), but I understand the mods on bigfooty are thingy about posting links so I'll keep to the rules.

In my signature is a link to the ESPN AFL website. If you copy that link into your web browser every Wednesday at 5pm you won't miss any of my weekly pieces.

Ideally I would (post a link in here), but I understand the mods on bigfooty are thingy about posting links so I'll keep to the rules.

In my signature is a link to the ESPN AFL website. If you copy that link into your web browser every Wednesday at 5pm you won't miss any of my weekly pieces.

I would like to think the mods would allow you to post your link, and especially if you continue to contribute on Bigfooty. Bigfooty should be proud that a member has developed his craft here and progressed on

Major Announcement!

Moving on up in the world. :p It actually popped up as recommended reading on my phone through Google Now, which definitely made me do a double take.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...ap-hugh-mccluggage-fire-north-ballarat-rebels for his first (?) write-up.

The main issues are if someone's spamming links to their stuff everywhere, or they've created an account purely to promote their stuff. Linking to something you've written elsewhere is fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see you got a collingwood reference in there ie mccluggage-pendelbry

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Moving on up in the world. :p It actually popped up as recommended reading on my phone through Google Now, which definitely made me do a double take.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...ap-hugh-mccluggage-fire-north-ballarat-rebels for his first (?) write-up.

The main issues are if someone's spamming links to their stuff everywhere, or they've created an account purely to promote their stuff. Linking to something you've written elsewhere is fine.

Thanks for the clarification dlanod.

In that case with your permission would it be ok when I start my draft almanac thread on bigfooty (likely late this month) to post links in my thread to my weekly ESPN pieces and my monthly power rankings (including profiles) as well as also updating each of my pieces into the op? I would as suggested in my previous post (after around a week or two) update my draft almanac to reflect what I have written for ESPN in my power rankings and draft profiles and like normal I will be responding in the thread to the questions of those on bigfooty.

Would this idea be suitable in your view within the rules? As other than the delayed updated op on bigfooty in my draft almanac thread and posting the links in my own thread I'll be essentially contributing as I have for the past 6-7 years.

Thanks for the clarification dlanod.

In that case with your permission would it be ok when I start my draft almanac thread on bigfooty (likely late this month) to post links in my thread to my weekly ESPN pieces and my monthly power rankings (including profiles) as well as also updating each of my pieces into the op? I would as suggested in my previous post (after around a week or two) update my draft almanac to reflect what I have written for ESPN in my power rankings and draft profiles and like normal I will be responding in the thread to the questions of those on bigfooty.

Would this idea be suitable in your view within the rules? As other than the delayed updated op on bigfooty in my draft almanac thread and posting the links in my own thread I'll be essentially contributing as I have for the past 6-7 years.

I'm fine with it. Given it'd be ok for someone else to post your articles for you, I don't have any issues with just dedicating a thread in here to your write-ups especially if it has extra information and discussion.

Fantastic news Knightmare! Will definitely be reading your weekly article. Good start with McCluggage. He just feels like such a Hawthorn selection to me. I reckon they'll take him with their first if he's still available.

KM did you catch Marsden and Charlesworth in the TAC on the weekend? Any thoughts on them?

Both had big (number) games but interestingly neither named in bests for QLD. I wasn't in attendance at the Northern v QLD game last weekend (having seen enough of Northern already having seen their two opening games at Ikon Park) so have not seen either Marsden or Charlesworth so far this season. Will watch for both during the U18 Championships and will also make sure I get to a QLD in TAC Cup game later in the season. I'd be interested to see how they go v a better TAC Cup side.

Fantastic news Knightmare! Will definitely be reading your weekly article. Good start with McCluggage. He just feels like such a Hawthorn selection to me. I reckon they'll take him with their first if he's still available.

Hawthorn love to move it quickly, and in their program McCluggage would be terrific as someone who is so developable. I'd be inclined to say Hawthorn would love Simpkin also if he slides to their late first round selection, such a special player offensively with what he can create, but that may be for another story.

what role does McCluggage play? High falf-forward? Do you see him developing into a midfieler?

what role does McCluggage play? High falf-forward? Do you see him developing into a midfieler?

McCluggage splits his time between playing half forward and on the ball.

I do expect McCluggage to develop into a midfielder first but more likely a few years from now when he puts some more size onto his frame. He is only 75kg at the present time so it's going to be something to watch for over a series of years.

McCluggage splits his time between playing half forward and on the ball.

I do expect McCluggage to develop into a midfielder first but more likely a few years from now when he puts some more size onto his frame. He is only 75kg at the present time so it's going to be something to watch for over a series of years.
Cheers for the reply mate. Is there a player that you can compare him too?

Cheers for the reply mate. Is there a player that you can compare him too?

As per my article a young Robbie Gray. Doesn't have the size yet, but his talent is comparable.

It would be fair to say McCluggage is one of my top rated prospects at this stage.

As per my article a young Robbie Gray. Doesn't have the size yet, but his talent is comparable.

It would be fair to say McCluggage is one of my top rated prospects at this stage.
Cheers mate. Have always loved your posts on Big Footy so its great to see you get a gig at ESPN. Well deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back