Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2016 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks Bicks.

Any chance the game will be on youtube?

Very keen to see this years SA boys pre u18 champs if possible.
There was no live stream so not sure.
Sturt midfielder Mitch Crowden B.O.G. by all reports, pity he's not a tad bigger because he's a seriously talented kid, Fogarty as expected shone out too according to Zac Millbank who was at the game. Millbank would be a good contact for you to get a working relationship going with.
https://twitter.com/zacmilbank?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Sturt midfielder Mitch Crowden B.O.G. by all reports, pity he's not a tad bigger because he's a seriously talented kid, Fogarty as expected shone out too according to Zac Millbank who was at the game. Millbank would be a good contact for you to get a working relationship going with.

Fogarty is an absolute unit, he will and should dominate this year

Hi KM

You've seen who drafted whom, against your own values who do you seeing being the value prospects in each position in SC based draft leagues?

I may be writing something along these lines over the coming weeks for ESPN.

If I do then I'll answer followup questions on here or if I don't write anything then I'll just write something for those wanting something for here.

For the time being will keep the names under my sleeve just in case, as I don't want to spoil everything.

I've got a good list of names of both first year types and others yet to break at AFL level who can come from nowhere.

Hey Knighters.

When's the 2017 thread getting created?

Once the TAC Cup season starts up I'll get this years thread up and going.

Thanks and followed.

Hi KM

You've seen who drafted whom, against your own values who do you seeing being the value prospects in each position in SC based draft leagues?

Have just confirmed with ESPN that I'll write something at the end of the preseason that will satisfy the fantasy football people.

Given this.

From a fantasy football perspective it's all about the high production types with the performances on the board as juniors and the mature agers.

Zac Fisher (Carlton) represents strong value and is someone I'd strongly recommend investing in. Can play season one and score strongly.

Shai Bolton (Richmond) will score erratically but with Richmond lacking in good forwards, I can see him playing enough games to be a viable forward.

Tom Stewart (Geelong) as a mature ager I feel can play fairly regularly. Will only be a moderate scorer by position, but if he gets into the Geelong team he is someone I could see holding his position.

Kobe Mutch and Dylan Clarke through the Essendon midfield if/when they break into the Essendon team will be your cash cows. How early they play is yet to be decided but they're the types to get onto when they do get games.

Darcy Cameron (Sydney) as a depth ruckman may see game time depending on injuries.

Willie Rioli (West Coast) could get games at some point. Will be only a mild scorer and will not score well consistently, but given the lack of a good crumber on that list, with a strong preseason he could push for games.

Jack Graham for Richmond as a mid will be one to watch if/when he gets games. Will score well.

Luke Ryan for Fremantle could become a regular and score well down back.

Brad Scheer for Gold Coast through the mids if he plays can score well.

Jake Barrett for Brisbane given NEAFL performances represents outstanding value. Could be a regular (to be determined) and if he is, he can score big. Blake Grewar as a rookie midfielder from Brisbane is another with the performances on the board who can score well if given games. Both are ready to go and can play fairly major midfield roles.

Rowan Marshall for St Kilda as a ruckman may be considered for games depending on how he is tracking v the clubs other rucks.

Brett Eddy for Port as a key forward depending on how they want their front half to look can play from round one, if they want another tall alongside Dixon and Westhoff.

You'll have to delete Willie Rioli Knighter.

Ruled out for 3-4 months after pulling a muscle.

Those were some of the names off the top of my head that I'm expecting to see for this year. I'm sure there are some other mature agers I've missed who we'll see during the preseason.

Unfortunate for Rioli, but perhaps on return if in playing shape we may see him after finding form in the 2s.

Have just confirmed with ESPN that I'll write something at the end of the preseason that will satisfy the fantasy football people.

Given this.

From a fantasy football perspective it's all about the high production types with the performances on the board as juniors and the mature agers.

Zac Fisher (Carlton) represents strong value and is someone I'd strongly recommend investing in. Can play season one and score strongly.

Shai Bolton (Richmond) will score erratically but with Richmond lacking in good forwards, I can see him playing enough games to be a viable forward.

Tom Stewart (Geelong) as a mature ager I feel can play fairly regularly. Will only be a moderate scorer by position, but if he gets into the Geelong team he is someone I could see holding his position.

Kobe Mutch and Dylan Clarke through the Essendon midfield if/when they break into the Essendon team will be your cash cows. How early they play is yet to be decided but they're the types to get onto when they do get games.

Darcy Cameron (Sydney) as a depth ruckman may see game time depending on injuries.

Willie Rioli (West Coast) could get games at some point. Will be only a mild scorer and will not score well consistently, but given the lack of a good crumber on that list, with a strong preseason he could push for games.

Jack Graham for Richmond as a mid will be one to watch if/when he gets games. Will score well.

Luke Ryan for Fremantle could become a regular and score well down back.

Brad Scheer for Gold Coast through the mids if he plays can score well.

Jake Barrett for Brisbane given NEAFL performances represents outstanding value. Could be a regular (to be determined) and if he is, he can score big. Blake Grewar as a rookie midfielder from Brisbane is another with the performances on the board who can score well if given games. Both are ready to go and can play fairly major midfield roles.

Rowan Marshall for St Kilda as a ruckman may be considered for games depending on how he is tracking v the clubs other rucks.

Brett Eddy for Port as a key forward depending on how they want their front half to look can play from round one, if they want another tall alongside Dixon and Westhoff.

Many thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Match Review..
http://sanfl.com.au/mcdonalds-sa-u18-trial-match-review/

McDONALD’S SA U18 TRIAL MATCH

Blue Team 4.3 8.3 11.5 11.5 (71)
Red Team 0.1 4.5 4.6 10.7 (67)

BEST – Blue Team: M. Crowden, C. Coleman-Jones, J. Rowe, D. Fogarty, S. Giro, N. Krueger.
Red Team: J. Edwards, A. Martini, B. McCarthy, L. Denton, L. Valente.

GOALS – Blue Team: C. Coleman-Jones, C. Rozee 2, A. Stidiford, B. Matters, J. Rowe, C. Dahms, J. Aitchison, J. Coles, N. Krueger.
Red Team: I. Rankine, L. Charlton, T. Schmusch 2, L. Valente, J. Edwards, B. Carroll, J. Weidemann.

Last edited:

Legend Bicks! Thanks!

Will maybe have to include a review of the game in my first weekly wrap of the year when the season proper happens, and/or something brief here on the game.

Will look at the games over the weekend when I have some time.

How many under 174cm get drafted nowadays??

He'll likely end up at around the 177 mark given his age....Daniel is now 168.

At Hawthorn we have 4 blokes @177 or shorter: Sizzle & Hartung 177cm, Lovell 174 & Puopolo 173cm.

If they're good enough & quick enough at that height, then they'll make it....Daniel at 5'6 is the exception.

How many under 174cm get drafted nowadays??

There are some most years, but it's unusual that there would be more than 2-3 drafted in any one year.

Hi KM

Do you know if Changkuoth Jiath is in Hawthorn's next generation academy?

As I understand it Jiath is in Hawthorn's zone. He also trained with Hawthorn via the AIS AFL Academy, so would imagine so.

Hey Knightmare long term reader of you phantom drafts. Just wondering where you rank Aidan Quigly.

On ZTE Blade L5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven't gone past a top 25 or 30 at this stage in my 2017 power rankings.

That said, Aidan Quigley is someone I look at early days based on 2016 performance who I envisage featuring mid-draft for a complete premature/too early prediction based on where I have him fitting at the moment.

For those after my power rankings extended out to 40 here they are:

31. Tim English 32. Todd Marshall 33. Brennan Cox 34. Isaac Cumming 35. Brett Eddy 36. Joshua Begley 37. Jordan Gallucci 38. Jonty Scharenberg 39. Jack Graham 40. Jye Bolton

Hey Knightmare, have just been catching up on your power rankings on ESPN (great in depth analysis, as always). Quite a few of the guys above dropped fairly significantly from your October rankings, I know you're always watching game footage, just wondering what it was you saw on the above guys that had them slide in that last update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back