List of 2014 Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as price tag/value goes this year its Frawley and then daylight.

I'm already pretty much resigned to the fact he's going unless we pull off the incredible and make finals.
reid?

If Gibbs going to Adelaide allowed Carlton to get Frawley and Melbourne got a top 5 pick would that me as close to a win\win\win trade (yes not technical a trade) as you can get?

Carlton supporters, would you loose Gibbs if it meant getting Frawley?

If Gibbs going to Adelaide allowed Carlton to get Frawley and Melbourne got a top 5 pick would that me as close to a win\win\win trade (yes not technical a trade) as you can get?

Carlton supporters, would you loose Gibbs if it meant getting Frawley?
How are Melbourne going to get a top 5 pick out of that? The best hope is whatever Adelaide's first pick is. Three way trade:

Carlton
Give: Bryce Gibbs
Get: James Frawley

Adelaide
Give: First round pick (8 if we are going on 2013)
Get: Bryce Gibbs

Melbourne
Give: James Frawley
Get: Adelaide's first round pick

Melbourne would likely demand a sweetner in that situation but it's not too far off benefiting each club. Is Gibbs worth more than Frawley? I'm sure Carlton supporters think so but this is more about team needs rather than player quality. That's the base of a trade that could be a possibility.

How are Melbourne going to get a top 5 pick out of that? The best hope is whatever Adelaide's first pick is. Three way trade:

Carlton
Give: Bryce Gibbs
Get: James Frawley

Adelaide
Give: First round pick (8 if we are going on 2013)
Get: Bryce Gibbs

Melbourne
Give: James Frawley
Get: Adelaide's first round pick

Melbourne would likely demand a sweetner in that situation but it's not too far off benefiting each club. Is Gibbs worth more than Frawley? I'm sure Carlton supporters think so but this is more about team needs rather than player quality. That's the base of a trade that could be a possibility.

Melbourne get a 1st round compensation pick, assuming they finish bottom 4 which is highly likely they will get the next pick.

Andrew Walker may get some attention if he's an unrestricted free agent. He's had a pretty good year this year.

Strike this one off the list.

Strike Andrew Walker off the list.
Done. Article states that Murphy and Jamison are also about to re-sign but talks haven't only started with Bryce Gibbs.

Looks like the big players in the 2014 free agency pool could be Gibbs and Frawley. I'm sure plenty of clubs are already in their manager's ear.

Last edited:
Done. Article states that Murphy and Jamison are also about to re-sign but talks haven't only started with Bryce Gibbs.

Looks like the big players in the 2014 free agency pool could be Gibbs and Frawley. I'm sure plenty of clubs are already in their manager's ear.
Gibbs is done.

Fox Sports News reporting Murph re-signing to be announced in next fort night.

Gibbs is done. Source would know what he is talking about - first hand info.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so maybe second hand :p Source knows Gibbs.

So did that Bigfooty Adelaide supporter that was ranting on about Gibbs when he was drafted in 2006, he was adamant Gibbs would be at the crows withing a season.

So did that Bigfooty Adelaide supporter that was ranting on about Gibbs when he was drafted in 2006, he was adamant Gibbs would be at the crows withing a season.

Source has already been proven to be correct about a similar matter this week.

Source has already been proven to be correct about a similar matter this week.

No problems, I was referring to stuff on Bigfooty 8 years ago

Murph officially signed for 4 more years (end of 2018).

Simmo & Gibbs next. Both in negotiations at the moment.

Not going to change anything on the OP until official announcements are made but Damien Barrett reported on the Footy show last night that Ben Reid has re-signed for Collingwood, Bryce Gibbs is not even close to re-signing with Carlton and Victorian clubs are chasing in Ollie Wines. Guess we'll see how close Damo is in the next few weeks.

Not going to change anything on the OP until official announcements are made but Damien Barrett reported on the Footy show last night that Ben Reid has re-signed for Collingwood, Bryce Gibbs is not even close to re-signing with Carlton and Victorian clubs are chasing in Ollie Wines. Guess we'll see how close Damo is in the next few weeks.

He was right when he said during the season last year Cameri would go to the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back