List of 2015 Free Agents (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I was more so alluding to the theory that other teams could offer Kruz more than Carlton could.

He has already knocked back millions from GWS to re-sign with us in 2011. Not concerned. If anyone will stay it's Matty.

He is a restricted free agent. He will be offered more money than Carlton can likely match.

Of course there are players out there making more than the Gibbs-Murphy duo but I just think Carlton might start to feel the squeeze soon with all their young guys starting to come into their prime and wanting to be paid accordingly. Could be wrong, just my opinion.
If you have been on the main board lately you would know Carlton have no young talent and will free fall very soon. No young guys to pay!

Why did Eddie Betts leave Carlton....?

Apart from being offered obscene amounts of money for a small forward who can't play midfield, Eddie's father is very sick and lives in Adelaide where Eddie grew up.

Apart from being offered obscene amounts of money for a small forward who can't play midfield, Eddie's father is very sick and lives in Adelaide where Eddie grew up.
Would it be fair to assume the offer from Adelaide was one the Blues couldn't match?

Would Carlton break the bank for Kreuzer if he got a big offer?

IMO they would. But with Kruezer, as he has done before when he was available to be poached by GWS, he would probably accept less to stay with us. He's done it before so I'm pretty sure he'd do it again.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...n-sydneys-sights/story-e6freck3-1226266149284

Kreuzer spurned an offer from Kevin Sheedy's men about 14 months ago, an offer said to be up to three times his Carlton deal, and is a certainty to stay at Carlton.

The AFLPA is going to put forward a proposal to shorten the minimum years a player must spend at a club before becoming a restricted free agent from 8 to 7. If approved, players that will become RFAs in 2015 include - Dayne Beams, Rory Sloane, Steven Motlop, Luke Shuey, Stephen Hill, Daniel Rich, Zac Clarke, Luke Bruest, Liam Shiels, Jackson Trengove, Jordan Roughead, Rhys Stanley, Lachlan Keeffe, Alyce Cordy and Sam Wright.

That's not even including the guys that could join that list with a one year extension on their current contracts like Naitanui or Zaharakis. Suddenly the 2015 free agency class looks a lot stronger.

Last edited:
The AFLPA is going to put forward a proposal to shorten the minimum years a player must spend at a club before becoming a restricted free agent from 8 to 7. If approved, players that will become RFAs in 2015 include - Dayne Beams, Rory Sloane, Steven Motlop, Luke Shuey, Stephen Hill, Daniel Rich, Zac Clarke, Luke Bruest, Liam Shiels, Jackson Trengove, Jordan Roughead, Rhys Stanley, Lachlan Keeffe, Alyce Cordy and Sam Wright.

That's not even including the guys that could join that list with a one year extension on their current contracts like Naitanui or Zaharakis. Suddenly the 2015 free agency class looks a lot stronger.

And Shaun McKernan?

:D

Oh damn, better sign him up quickly, the masses will be lining up for that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're joking ......... you're kidding .......... really ... o_O
facepalm_227785.jpg

Try reading my post properly before cracking the shits. I never said Rich and Hanley weren't damaging, they are super damaging. Just can't break a tag to save their lives.

I have seen a heck of a lot of Rocky, he is good, but not a damaging Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Cotchin etc... eg. All the number 1 midfields in other teams. Your team does not have a top quality elite midfielder.

You just listed a whole group of average to good players at best, no stars in that list at all. "Lewis Taylor, Gardiner, McStay, Robertson, Cutler and West " <---- you honestly think these are good players? Aish is a star and will be a gun, the rest are not great at all. You had terrible picks in the draft after Aish. Leuy is good, but he is not going to win you a flag. You have no depth, no spine at all. The key to winning a flag is a strong spine supported by an A Grade midfield, you simply do not have this. You cannot argue this at all.

Get out of your biased hole and take a step back.

Few flaws ..I agree, the Spine needs a bit..both bookends (Merret & Brown) are the major areas that will need to be replaced...Spine at the moment is Merrett, Clarke, Rich, Paine/Close, Brown Can see what they'll address...not sure about the "terrible picks after Aish (highlighted in 2013 ND) Picks 7, 22, 25, 28, 33 and 34 probably best to give them time to develop before mouthin off..Lewis Taylor is showing plenty atm...may well be on his way to stardom.... but turn it up with in that terrible picks area.. a skinny kid from WA named Black was drafted by the Lions with the 31st selection in 98...ended his career as one of the most decorative players ever to have played the game....Father/Son Selections have also been in that "terrible picks" area ..Ablett was selected pick 40....Watson was also a pick 40 ...On the other side to that, there has been a lot of armchair critics that have sung the praises of future champions drafted top 10...only to watch them fail to live up to the critics hype..

The comparrison of the players you mentioned, is unrealistic..Cotchin, is the same age, 24 and that's about it as far as it goes..has had played 26 more games ( basically an extra season in the system.).debuting 08, and a 1st round selection at pick 2 you'd expect him to be elite.. The others are all older and have played over 90 more games(4 seasons).. FWIW, Rocky was overlooked in the '08 main draft ended up the fifth selection in the 08 PSD, ahead of Cousins to Richmond, (guess that's in the thanks for coming picks ..way down the road from "terrible picks")...He has since gone onto play 84 games...and Peddles (26) pick 5 has played 173 games.....Watson (29) played 175 games and Ablett (30), 255 games.... Lot of folk don't rate Rocky as they simply don't know a lot about Brisbane and pretend they do!!.....His career is impressive..3rd in the 2010 rising star behind Dan Hannerberry & Tom Scully....Club Champion in '11.... 5th in the Brownlow 'last year...Vice captain this year leading a relative young midfield still learning its craft... Redden, Rich, Zorko Aish, Lewis, Mayes,Green, Lester and Robertson..will trouble plenty.....But having said that, and the present Lions game plan.. maybe Zorko is earmarked to be that elite midfielder..

Last edited:
Couldnt be bothered reading all 4 pages...
But has TEX signed with the crows already?

If not, might be worth Port having a chat to him. He is coming back from injury, so can play up the fitness staff at the club (barely any injuries in last 18mths) also the direction of the club and the supply of football he will get.
Having that extra forward can free up Westhoff more often and have potentially a 4 or 5 (Lobbe resting up forward) man tall forward line, which in some games (Etihad under the roof) could be extremely damaging.

Couldnt be bothered reading all 4 pages...
But has TEX signed with the crows already?

If not, might be worth Port having a chat to him. He is coming back from injury, so can play up the fitness staff at the club (barely any injuries in last 18mths) also the direction of the club and the supply of football he will get.
Having that extra forward can free up Westhoff more often and have potentially a 4 or 5 (Lobbe resting up forward) man tall forward line, which in some games (Etihad under the roof) could be extremely damaging.

Good luck with that. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it won't happen. He seems to have real passion for the Crows, and it's the club he grew up barracking for. The Crows have had him since he was 16 under NSW Scholorship. The man bleeds red, yellow and blue - the Crows won't be letting him go. Besides, being in the top paid, that makes him a restricted free agent, and I cannot see the AFC not matching an offer.

Would Port even have room in their cap by the time they sign Wines, Boak, Monfries, Ebert,
Westhoff and Wingard?

Good luck with that. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it won't happen. He seems to have real passion for the Crows, and it's the club he grew up barracking for. The Crows have had him since he was 16 under NSW Scholorship. The man bleeds red, yellow and blue - the Crows won't be letting him go. Besides, being in the top paid, that makes him a restricted free agent, and I cannot see the AFC not matching an offer.

Would Port even have room in their cap by the time they sign Wines, Boak, Monfries, Ebert,
Westhoff and Wingard?

Dunno, and not saying we would get him at all... but the club would be stupid to not at least have a chat with him, send some players to have a chat aswell... unless Port has another option they are looking at to fill a potential void. I mean stranger things have happened in regards to player movement than Tex swapping to Port... he would look great in the Black V too ;)
But yes, Im sure the crows would try and match any offer... but if we offer him a caravan park aswell... who knows :p

Dunno, and not saying we would get him at all... but the club would be stupid to not at least have a chat with him, send some players to have a chat aswell... unless Port has another option they are looking at to fill a potential void. I mean stranger things have happened in regards to player movement than Tex swapping to Port... he would look great in the Black V too ;)
But yes, Im sure the crows would try and match any offer... but if we offer him a caravan park aswell... who knows :p

I see your point - any club that doesn't atleast ask the question would be naive to do so. Whenever a big free agent comes up for grabs, questions should always be asked. :)

I see your point - any club that doesn't atleast ask the question would be naive to do so. Whenever a big free agent comes up for grabs, questions should always be asked. :)

Yeah and for clubs like ours... would be stupid to not look at each others players. Dont need to sell them on moving to Adel as they are already there, so unless they have stated they want out of SA its one less selling point to focus on.
Players from other clubs, you also have to sell to them (and maybe their gf/wife/family) that SA is a place u want to live. So easier to target each others players... and think how good the next showdown would be... tension high or what! haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back