Luke Hodge - where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Half the posts in this thread early on weren't sarcastic. Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't with some of the fickle supporters we have on here after losses.

Given that we haven't lost too many matches in the past 3 & a bit seasons, then the fickleness you speak of can only apply to losses against Geelong....That said, it's hardly a surprise when passionate Hawk supporters do their blocks when we are served up with the same nonsense time & again & are expecting a different result as a consequence!....Truly insane!

As for Luke Hodge....It's fair to say that he's just treading water at the minute & wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying a niggle....Either That, or he's saving himself for when the real stuff begins at the end of the year, although you'd think playing the Cats would register a fair ranking on the Richter scale when it comes to all things fair dinkum!

Given that we haven't lost too many matches in the past 3 & a bit seasons, then the fickleness you speak of can only apply to losses against Geelong....That said, it's hardly a surprise when passionate Hawk supporters do their blocks when we are served up with the same nonsense time & again & are expecting a different result as a consequence!....Truly insane!

As for Luke Hodge....It's fair to say that he's just treading water at the minute & wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying a niggle....Either That, or he's saving himself for when the real stuff begins at the end of the year, although you'd think playing the Cats would register a fair ranking on the Richter scale when it comes to all things fair dinkum!

I too made a post about my frustrations with certain players in Geelong games (Rioli, Roughead, Lewis, Hodge) as it is a bit of a trend. However some of the posts are season over type posts and I don't like singling them out and having 1 thread bagging a 2 time premiership champ who gives his all for this club and is ridiculously loyal.

As a group those 4 senior players named need to lift next time we play the cats if we are any chance to beat them. They all had a pretty poor game on Monday and maybe a thread containing all senior players needing to do more next time would be more appropriate than a thread about our captain which has contained some ridiculous over the top thoughts about him.

He deserves more respect than some of the stuff that has been thrown around in here.

It's frustrating that we lost to them in a similar manner to the other 11 losses but to lump most the blame on 1 or 2 players is a little silly. Chris Scott did a great job of isolating our defenders. Our players and coaches have a lot to work on before we meet them next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Title says it all.

Seems to have lost the ability to kick, he's always been slow and today he made some uncharacteristically bad decisions.

Knee jerk poster is a jerk!

he played well today, no denying that, but we won by 10 goals and were never challenged. completely different level of competition.

my post last week may have been reactionary but there was no denying he was ordinary last week and his kicking has been suspect for some time. today his disposal was very good.

will be very interested to see how he goes next time we play geelong.

he played well today, no denying that, but we won by 10 goals and were never challenged. completely different level of competition.

my post last week may have been reactionary but there was no denying he was ordinary last week and his kicking has been suspect for some time. today his disposal was very good.

will be very interested to see how he goes next time we play geelong.
He was the most important factor in us hitting the lead last week. If he was so terrible that he warranted this thread then what does that say about the rest of the squad? In reality this thread says a lot more about you than last weeks game says about hodge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was the most important factor in us hitting the lead last week. If he was so terrible that he warranted this thread then what does that say about the rest of the squad? In reality this thread says a lot more about you than last weeks game says about hodge.

what match were they showing up in 'brisvegas' last week? hodge was, for the most part, terrible.

also he can't be held to the same standard as a cheney or a simpkin. he's been a great player for a long time and will naturally be held to a higher standard. he's also the captain and renowned as a great leader. he provided very little last week.

he'll get a chance to redeem himself, but it wasn't today against richmond.

I stand corrected! Called on Clarko to play him where he made his name! Clearances baby! Looked a bit stale week in week out at HB on resting ruckman . He's a powerful Mid and should spend most of his time there.

what match were they showing up in 'brisvegas' last week? hodge was, for the most part, terrible last week.

also he can't be held to the same standard as a cheney or a simpkin. he's been a great player for a long time and will naturally be held to a higher standard. he's also the captain and renowned as a great leader. he provided very little last week.

Saying he played a bad game is very different to creating a thread and questioning where he is at as a player. It was and is a disgrace of a thread.

what match were they showing up in 'brisvegas' last week? hodge was, for the most part, terrible last week.

You're just digging yourself a bigger hole.
You don't judge a champion on one game. If you do, ask me about Leigh Matthews and the 1975 Grand Final. I'm still traumatised by that game!

You were wrong, mate, take your lumps and leave it.

;)

You're just digging yourself a bigger hole.
You don't judge a champion on one game. If you do, ask me about Leigh Matthews and the 1975 Grand Final. I'm still traumatised by that game!

You were wrong, mate, taker your lumps and leave it.

;)

Saying he played a bad game is very different to creating a thread and questioning where he is at as a player. It was and is a disgrace of a thread.

ok he played well against richmond who were missing deledio and did nothing against geelong when he was needed.

lock it up.

ok he played well against richmond who were missing deledio and did nothing against geelong when he was needed.

lock it up.

Good comeback!

Please ask me about the 1975 Grand Final: I wanted Leigh Matthews sacked.

Deledio didn't play in that game either.

;)

Good comeback!

Please ask me about the 1975 Grand Final: I wanted Leigh Matthews sacked.

Deledio didn't play in that game either.

;)

i wasn't born in 1975. sorry, and i'm more interested in the 2014 grand final.

please don't confuse my post last week for calling for hodge to be sacked.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back