NFL Div 1 - Tipping Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the finals door be closed after this week, but not necessarily the places?

Eltham vs West Preston. The Panthers are on the prowl and should ripe the Roosters apart.
Montmorency vs Northcote Park. Can the Maggies do the Tigers a favour and take down another top side in the Cougars. Probbaly not.
Greensborough vs Lower Plenty. The 'Burra to finally put the Bears finals chances to sleep.
Heidelberg vs North Heidelberg. The Tigers need a massive win over the Doggies and other results to keep their finals hopes alive.
Bundoora vs Macleod. The Bulls have been looking good in recent weeks but the top dog Kangas should be able to quieten them.

Few upsets but no one could capitalise and make any move on the ladder. Only a catastrophe looks to be able to stop bearfan taking the converted title as the bets tipper in the NFL.

Round 17 Ladder.jpg

Northcote Park v Heidelberg
Macleod v Eltham
West Preston v Montmorency
Lower Plenty v Bundoora
North Heidelberg v Greensborough

Last edited:
Northcote Park v Heidelberg - Finals await the cougers.
Macleod v Eltham - Not sure about this game, with Greensy nearly guaranteed top spot a win here does nothing for Macleod other than momentum. Panther win and this game will be replayed next week and need to win to keep 2nd chance.
West Preston v Montmorency -Final siren will not come quick enough for the season for these two.
Lower Plenty v Bundoora -Bulls must win to get 2nd chance, Lower need a miracle to make finals, whilst I cannot see that happening I can see an upset.
North Heidelberg v Greensborough - Greensy to play bruise free footy to head into the finals with a weeks break.

Still plenty of interest in the final round.

Northcote Park vs Heidelberg. The Cougars to put the exclaimation point on a disappointing Tigers season.
Macleod vs Eltham. Plenty of changes at Kangaroo land gives me the inclimation that the Panthers will take this one.
West Preston vs Montmorency. The Maggies have been good recently while the Roosters have been very poor but can end the season on a high.
Lower Plenty vs Bundoora. The Bulls have plenty to play for and can avert an upset that the Bears have been planning.
North Heidelberg vs Greensborough. The 'Boro won't be asleep for any Doggies upset as they look to get the weeks rest.

Northcote
Macleod
Monty
lower
Greensy
Thanks very much for running the tipping comp.Denny.I moved to North East Victoria about 4 years ago and really miss the Northern Footy League(GVFL footy is nowhere near the spectacle that NFL is) so it has been great to be involved in the tipping comp

Northcote Park
Eltham
West Preston
Lower Plenty
Greensborough

Except for a few hiccups, well done on running the tipping competition Denny.
I cannot wait to see the new format next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northcote Park
Etham
West Preston
Bundoora
Greensborough

Thanks Denny, hope you enjoyed running the comp as much as I enjoyed being a tipster.

Well in a true Cinderella story, from nowhere Chet_Wynd comes and hits a perfect score to topple bearfan.

Great tipping all, been a pleasure to do it for you all, especially as no one fell away and kept tipping until the end.

Chet_Wynd, happy to buy you a congratulatory beer at the finals, if you are at Preston any time Eltham is playing look for their 2nds Team Manager (handsome guy, short hair that looks like he should still be playing or modelling or something like that) or ask any Panther for Hally.

Happy to run this, I love my local footy, even though my counting sometimes fails me I know I have tigerkelly to point it out....

Enjoy finals lads, Ben from Sports Support has asked me to do a finals tipping comp, see other posts once I come up with a plan. He sponsored this a few years ago, I am sure he will get on board for next seasons regular tipping as well....:D

Cheers

Ladder after Round 18.jpg

Wow, what a complete surprise! Cannot believe that I overtook BearFan.
Many thanks Denny Crane for organising and updating this comp. Great.
Just happy to have the bragging rights for a few months.
Not sure which finals I'll be at but will sure look you up if at Cramer Street.
Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back