Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Brownless made a good point on the Footy show last night. Clarko was at Melbourne in 1996 and 1997. The merger between Melbourne and Hawks was supposed to happen at the end of 1996. Clarko still doing his bit?

The assistant coaches at the Hawks are

Brett Raten - ex Assistant at Melbourne
Chris Fagan - ex Asistant and Head of Football at Melbourne
Cameron Bruce - ex Melbourne player
Adam Yze - ex Melbourne player
David Neitz - ex Melbourne Player
Psychatirst is a former Melbourne Psychatrist

Clarko then said
Marke Evans - ex Hawk CEO was an executive at Melbourne as well

Umpire sucked in by the spectacle of that attempted mark.

How can that be paid

Yea not a mark, imagine that being paid late in a tight final

These commentators... no way in hell that is a friggin mark. bunch of campaigners. I really hope fox go for full rights at the next deal.
As usual Titus O'Reily says it best:

Titus O'Reily ‏@TitusOReily 11 hrs
CCy2JfzVAAAjpMl.jpg

Under the new interpretation of the rule, something like this would now be a mark. #AFLPiesSaints

It's April. GWS could be flag favourite by the end of this round.
Not wishing injuries on anybody, but if say Talia, Jacobs or Tex go down, it changes the dynamics dramatically. Injuries can kill any team's chances.

As we keep hearing - it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Not wishing injuries on anybody, but if say Talia, Jacobs or Tex go down, it changes the dynamics dramatically. Injuries can kill any team's chances.

As we keep hearing - it's a marathon, not a sprint.
In the exact same way that if we lost Trengove / Boak / Lobbe for prolonged periods of time, would also change our chances.

Injuries suck, but it's part of the hard game that these guys play - and it's also an opportunity for other players to come in and demonstrate why they are on an AFL list. Thankfully it didn't happen, but hypothetically if Hartlett was injured for the back half of last season, I would have imagined that a player ala Newton would have stepped in and performed his role, albeit not to the standards of Hartlett, but at least 'well'. Injuries can 'make' players as well.

Not top 4 but another team that makes the crows look more like the real deal.

I really hope theyre not though.

Another team backing up against a spoon contender. I think collingwood would be close to bottom 4 this year saints bottom 2 with brisbane. Not sure but gold coast must be going shite to lose to st kilda last week by so much

.... Not sure but gold coast must be going shite to lose to st kilda last week by so much
Sports results are never simple. If it was I'd just invest my pay at the bookies, based on my footy tips, and retire. Saints fired against Freo last year. We won games in 2011 and 2012.

good news, another vfl blockbuster next friday, richmond v melbourne

You really do wonder how much of it is the AFL caving to the broadcast demands of Foxtel. And Channel 7 isn't blameless in all of this. Broadcasting national marquee matches in standard definition simply isn't good enough in 2015.

Surely it would not be difficult to program:

top 4 side - minimum 4 Friday night games

sides 5-8 - minimum 3 Friday night games

sides 9-12 - minimum 2 Friday night games

Surely it would not be difficult to program:

top 4 side - minimum 4 Friday night games

sides 5-8 - minimum 3 Friday night games

sides 9-12 - minimum 2 Friday night games
Thats logical but thats not how a ch7 Melbourne based executives think and the executives at the AFL who's KPI's for their fat bonuses include things like ratings, crowd sizes and value if the TV deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats logical but thats not how a ch7 Melbourne based executives think and the executives at the AFL who's KPI's for their fat bonuses include things like ratings, crowd sizes and value if the TV deal.

Still, Collingwood v St Kilda? It was a s**t night but the MCG wasn't even half full and who seriously watched that rubbish? I did a score check once and then checked occasionally on the AFL site until the result was obvious.

I watched a South Korean movie from SBS On-Demand. I even watched more of the Dragons v Broncos league game replayed on Gem.

That helps stuff 7 exec KPIs.

Billy Brownless made a good point on the Footy show last night. Clarko was at Melbourne in 1996 and 1997. The merger between Melbourne and Hawks was supposed to happen at the end of 1996. Clarko still doing his bit?

The assistant coaches at the Hawks are

Brett Raten - ex Assistant at Melbourne
Chris Fagan - ex Asistant and Head of Football at Melbourne
Cameron Bruce - ex Melbourne player
Adam Yze - ex Melbourne player
David Neitz - ex Melbourne Player
Psychatirst is a former Melbourne Psychatrist

Clarko then said
Marke Evans - ex Hawk CEO was an executive at Melbourne as well

Just a guy using his networking skills and historical ties to former workplaces to attract guys he knows.

Did the same with Port people.

Andrew Russell, Geoff Morris, Chris Pelchen, Stephen Gilham, Damien Hardwick, Brent Guerra, Stuart Dew, Shaun Burgoyne.

Just a guy using his networking skills and historical ties to former workplaces to attract guys he knows.

Did the same with Port people.

Andrew Russell, Geoff Morris, Chris Pelchen, Stephen Gilham, Damien Hardwick, Brent Guerra, Stuart Dew, Shaun Burgoyne.
Yep that is why he he is a very good coach. He obviously believes in what Pablo Picaso and Steve Jobs used to preach - good artists copy, great artists steal.

Still, Collingwood v St Kilda? It was a s**t night but the MCG wasn't even half full and who seriously watched that rubbish? I did a score check once and then checked occasionally on the AFL site until the result was obvious.

I watched a South Korean movie from SBS On-Demand. I even watched more of the Dragons v Broncos league game replayed on Gem.

That helps stuff 7 exec KPIs.

Oh sure and there is no doubt GM of scheduling Simon Leathlean is trying to impress his boss and Saints supporter Gill the Dill. Have a look at and keep your eye on The_Wookie 's thread about 2015 AFL TV ratings, early each week he puts up the figures for the previous round. Watch the Melbourne/Vic ratings numbers and in particular when on the rare occasion 2 non Vic teams play on Saturday night or Sunday

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-2015-tv-ratings-thread.1088973/

Stolen from post 6 of the thread

2015AFLRatings.png

Last edited:
Saints got a friday night game in return for hosting in NZ next week.
Nothing to do with ratings I would expect. They will go over earlier than Carlton so that they can do promotion.
Collingwood as their opponent was probably to try and salvage some ratings.

The_Wookie did this great page on his own intranet on 2013 Friday Night Football ratings sorted by 9 different ways. Here are the ratings sorted by Melbourne and total 7 network in 5 capital cities. They are very similar.

Wookie didyou do the same thing for 2014? If so what is the link?

http://www.worldofwookie.com/footywiki/index.php/Friday_Night_TV_(2013)

View attachment 125568

View attachment 125570

Dont think I did one, the wiki project got away from me in the end, but I should turn my attention back to it. I can gin up the results easy enough.

Something wrong with the holding the ball interpretation if you are pinged when tackled immediately after gathering the ball, with the tackler holding the wrist of your free arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back