Collingwood v Port Adelaide - won by 6
Collingwood v Melbourne - won by 7
Collingwood v Carlton - won by 1

Collingwood v Gold Coast - won by 25
Collingwood v Melbourne - won by 26
Collingwood v Adelaide - won by 42

Collingwood v Fremantle - won by 36
Collingwood v St Kilda - won by 17

11 of Collingwood's 16 wins this year have been by less than 2 goals. 9 of those 11 games were at the MCG, their home ground - Essendon x2, Carlton x2, Hawthorn, GWS, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide and Melbourne.

Lucky. As. *.
They're the polar opposite of Port Adelaide - when we get in a tight contest, we fold faster than you can say SACK HINKLEY, while Collingwood thrives in similar circumstances. Whatever McRae is doing with that group, it's working wonders.

Why do coaches insist on "slowing the play down" when they have momentum?

Carlton were flogging Collingwood in the third quarter then with 3 minutes to go, the bench brings out the "power off" button. They did. They didn't score a goal for the rest of the game when they had all the momentum.

If you're on the charge, don't ******* stop to conserve energy. Keep going. When you have momentum you could pile on another 3 goals in 5 minutes.

Shits me to no end. Ken has done it constantly. It's absolutely ridiculous and backfires almost every time.

By the by, it always used to grind my gears when our players would always nominate fringe-Tom Logan, when Jay Schulz was hitting every single contest like a complete lunatic week-in, week-out (with a litany of gnarly injuries to go with it).

I reckon we could've got Ryder to a hundred games at the club on reflection, I was all for moving him on at the time though I must admit.
I reluctantly accepted it because we had Ladhams and Hayes on the list and needed to give them a go to find out how good they were, especially Ladhams had a breakout year in 2019 and dominated at SANFL level. With the benefit of Ken Hinkley's genius coaching hindsight ..................

Last edited:
Laughed at the time he said it and laughing now.

Either Mick has lost his marbles or was trying to play some Machiavellian game to put massive pressure on Essendon for some reason?

Maybe because Sheedy was appointed to the Essendon board in late 2021/early 2022 and he still holds a huge grudge against Sheedy.

The aversion of AFL teams to just have a boot toward goal when chances of getting at least point are pretty good is so strange.

Often a point, and or a draw, is better than nothing.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Justin Leppitsch in 1996 when it was still the Brisbane Bears and he was playing CHF down at Kardinia Park, very late in the game, down by a point, near the boundary line, probably would have had his kick smothered, handballed the ball thru for a point to level the scores. Geelong kicked in, but couldnt get a free man loose with less than a minute to go and game was drawn.

A draw would have meant Carlton make the finals. #19's kick late in the game out wide for a nothing lead, put it out on the full rather than getting it closer the point post and it would probably have been punched thru for a point.

Charlie Curnow took a mark 60m out, had plenty of time to assess things goes, wide to the pocket and Collingwood player easily marks in space in front of Carlton opponent. If he had of said I'm going to put this at the top of the square maybe inside the square, it might have been punched thru for a point, or crumbed and snapped thru for a point or goal.

Last edited:
Why do coaches insist on "slowing the play down" when they have momentum?

Carlton were flogging Collingwood in the third quarter then with 3 minutes to go, the bench brings out the "power off" button. They did. They didn't score a goal for the rest of the game when they had all the momentum.

If you're on the charge, don't ******* stop to conserve energy. Keep going. When you have momentum you could pile on another 3 goals in 5 minutes.

Shits me to no end. Ken has done it constantly. It's absolutely ridiculous and backfires almost every time.

Voss' presser after the game "you get what you deserve in this game" - he has been "Hinkley'd". Coaches in a defensive manner, speaks like him.

Sorry, Carlton.

Is Harrison Petty's mother ill or dying?

If not, crying on field by a grown man seems a little OTT.

Its a Geelong or Melbourne premiership.

1st, 2nd or 3rd win the flags since 2000 with the outlier in 2016 being the Bulldogs, thanks to the first year of finals bye, dodgy GF umpiring and only year there was 1 win difference between 1st and 7th after 21 games.

Sydney aren't good enough to win it, and I can see Collingwood going out in straight sets. Geelong (1st in QF) and Freo (5th SF opponent) are good enough to knock them off and stay composed in the last 5 to 8 minutes compared to most of the teams Collingwood has knocked off late in the game to win.

If Dusty had played the last 3 or 4 games for Richmond I'd give Richmond some chance of doing a Bulldogs 2016, but they are just making up the numbers.

By the by, it always used to grind my gears when our players would always nominate fringe-Tom Logan, when Jay Schulz was hitting every single contest like a complete lunatic week-in, week-out (with a litany of gnarly injuries to go with it).
ARGH!

I feel this personally.

I was not a star player but I was ok and did throw myself around a lot. I wasn't big, not too little, but undersized for a teen, tall than average but thinner too.
Every year at junior footy the most courageous player went to a short guy that also threw himself around and maybe wasn't quite as good as me at football stuff. I took it personally. I had concussions and blood rules and teeth knocks through my lips, year in year out, and only once did I get recognition for it. Always felt he got the award because he was short and not as good at you know, kicking and running and tackling, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard on morning Sunrise CH7.Koshy warned Essendon off and said Kens staying at Port,not going anywhere.
If Essendon offer Ken a big contract he should take it.He only has 1 year left at Port.
Ken might want to have another crack at a Premiership at Port next year.

Also in news, I warned Bon Jovi off of marrying my unattractive unappealing unskilled female relatives.

Is Harrison Petty's mother ill or dying?

If not, crying on field by a grown man seems a little OTT.
I have seen a Melbourne supporter saying his mum is currently battling cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back