Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

On the 20th August 2023 Damien Hardwick at his first presser for the Gold Coast said;

Speaking to the media for the first time in a Gold Coast polo, Hardwick declared “80 per cent our of premiership side” is already at the club.

I love how the media keep interpreting this as 80% of the 48 players on the list in August 2023. GC have extra concessions re how many rookies they can have on their list. They had 38 + 8 + 2 cat B rookies.

No, it means in 4 or 5 years time when Dimma expects to win a flag by, 80% of the 22 or 23 premiership players ie about 17 players, are already on the list and they might get rid of 20 to 25 of those 48 players.

Now 4 or 5 years time might seem like a stretch, but that's what Dimma would be thinking. There's plenty of examples of teams getting there with a new coach in that time frame, Scott, Longmire, Beveridge, Goodwin and Clarko in the naughties.

If Port win a flag in 4 or 5 years time after August 2023, I would expect 15 to 17 of the 44 players that were on our 2023 list to be in that premiership side. I love how the average punter and average footy media commentator/journalist have completely misunderstood what he said.

Collingwood had a huge clean out because of their salary cap stuff up, but 14 of their 2023 premiership side were on their 2019 list. Plus Taylor Adams would have played if he didn't tear his hamstring in the QF win.

Geelong had 16 of their 2022 premiership side on their 2018 list. 3 were drafted post 2018, Atkins, Close and Dekoning and they traded in Cameron, Smith, Rohan and Stengle was an experienced player who had to do penance at WWT before he got another chance in the AFL.

So Dimma would have been more accurate if he said 70% rather than 80%.

On the 20th August 2023 Damien Hardwick at his first presser for the Gold Coast said;

Speaking to the media for the first time in a Gold Coast polo, Hardwick declared “80 per cent our of premiership side” is already at the club.

I love how the media keep interpreting this as 80% of the 48 players on the list in August 2023. GC have extra concessions re how many rookies they can have on their list. They had 38 + 8 + 2 cat B rookies.

No, it means in 4 or 5 years time when Dimma expects to win a flag by, 80% of the 22 or 23 premiership players ie about 17 players, are already on the list and they might get rid of 20 to 25 of those 48 players.

Now 4 or 5 years time might seem like a stretch, but that's what Dimma would be thinking. There's plenty of examples of teams getting there with a new coach in that time frame, Scott, Longmire, Beveridge, Goodwin and Clarko in the naughties.

If Port win a flag in 4 or 5 years time after August 2023, I would expect 15 to 17 of the 44 players that were on our 2023 list to be in that premiership side. I love how the average punter and average footy media commentator/journalist have completely misunderstood what he said.

Collingwood had a huge clean out because of their salary cap stuff up, but 14 of their 2023 premiership side were on their 2019 list. Plus Taylor Adams would have played if he didn't tear his hamstring in the QF win.

Geelong had 16 of their 2022 premiership side on their 2018 list. 3 were drafted post 2018, Atkins, Close and Dekoning and they traded in Cameron, Smith, Rohan and Stengle was an experienced player who had to do penance at WWT before he got another chance in the AFL.

So Dimma would have been more accurate if he said 70% rather than 80%.
I’m speechless

LOL methman browns official title is "afl market analyst"

He is $500 down for the year with his multies if you stacked 20 on each of them. Its been tracked.

****ing gambling companies are scum. Using titles like "analyst" to make other meth heads be like HE CANT BE WRONG, FITTY ON THE MOULDY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Bloody Un Australian can you get.
Typical Tree Hugging Dole Bludgers.
Run em over with a Combine Harvester!
Piff them in the Greyhound Annihilator with Dixon.

DEPLOY MIKE PYKE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back