Put a line through Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious thread.

Geelong supporters offended by our recent domination of them trying to sink the boot in.
Saints supporters heaping on the trash talk about how Freo haven't been that impressive this year despite having one of the best percentages prior to this round.

Among other things....

I think Carlton better be on their game - I would expect a pretty intense Freo to show up at Pattersons in 10 days time. The response will provide 1000 times more information than this aberration will.

Here is another interesting fact - Freo have lost every interstate match this year that involved a 6 day break. In each of the games they have lost after a short break they have looked off the pace physically.

Example 1 - Played Gold Coast Round 2, Saturday night. Backed it up with a Friday night fixture vs Hawks in Round 3.
Example 2 - After a 9 day break, Freo destroy Essendon in Round 4 at home, but have to back this up with a 6 day trip to Sydney - they lose.
Example 3 - Freo lose to Port in a very tight match, they travelled to Adelaide on a 6 day break to Play Port in Round 8, after a tough Derby encounter in Round 7.

Then you have this match - played on a 6 day break and travelling. The trend cannot be ignored, even though I can already hear the muppets that say teams should be able to cope with travelling / short breaks and that it isn't an excuse. Well the data says otherwise.

There is only exception to this trend - Freo losing to North in Round 6. This particular result is the one that frustrates me the most. Freo should have won this game, but very poor delivery inside 50 cost them dearly.
Data says your club doesn't like 6 day breaks,every club has the same 6 day breaks.get over it

Young teams show flashes of good form. The form that St Kilda showed for 3 quarters (not four, we lost the last) had been seen before, but normally for only 10 to 20 minutes, quickly snuffed out when the more experienced team lifted and forced the kids confidence back into the box.

Freo made two massive errors. Firstly they just rocked up expecting a training drill, against a team that bound to be pumped due to the Lenny factor. St Kilda got the lead and the team gained confidence. With that confidence the tackles struck and the kicks/handballs where the first best choice not the 3rd rushed backward choice.

Then somehow, and I admit I do not know why this happened. Freo was unable to left enough to get back on top. This will be very concerning to Fremantle. But it is not as if this is a continuing issue with them.

Really?

It's going to be pretty anticlimactic if we finally win a flag and I discover it's no more enjoyable than the occasional upset win we used to pull off when we were crap.
Sure, when you take my comment wildly out of context, it sounds bad, but there is no way you can dampen my joy. The bottom placed side, which has been bumbling along in a directionless haze for three months made your ratchet mob like like an amateur side in every sense of the word. Live with that.

Sure, when you take my comment wildly out of context, it sounds bad, but there is no way you can dampen my joy. The bottom placed side, which has been bumbling along in a directionless haze for three months made your ratchet mob like like an amateur side in every sense of the word. Live with that.

Make hay while the sun shines Riccardo we have had the same feeling before. This will blow over pretty quickly for us, particularly if we beat Carlton Hawks, Geelong, Brisbane and Port.:thumbsu:

Sandilands would of been handy.

St.kilda just get it done against Fremantle.

I love how one of their players said St.kilda were the best team they had played this year. Classic

Data says your club doesn't like 6 day breaks,every club has the same 6 day breaks.get over it

That would be possible if I had a problem with it. I was never whinging about it - just pointing it out.

And it isn't the point of just having a 6 day break - but rather the combination of travelling and a 6 day break.

2 in a row isn't really domination ;)

I do agree on the 6 day break thing though. Geelong have experienced the same this year. Wouldn't worry about the Saints game too much.
:) from memory it's 5 out of the last 6 though, including 2 finals.

I'm honestly not worried. I don't feel that Freo have suddenly become crap. I still think they will at least make the grand final.

The one thing I am a bit annoyed at though is it could cost us 2nd spot, which would be hugely disappointing. However, we can still get second if we win all remaining games.

:) from memory it's 5 out of the last 6 though, including 2 finals.

I'm honestly not worried. I don't feel that Freo have suddenly become crap. I still think they will at least make the grand final.

The one thing I am a bit annoyed at though is it could cost us 2nd spot, which would be hugely disappointing. However, we can still get second if we win all remaining games.

Wowee.

St Kilda supporters have nothing to mouth off about and that clown who pointed at the scoreboard is an idiot. Enjoy the spoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda supporters have nothing to mouth off about and that clown who pointed at the scoreboard is an idiot. Enjoy the spoon

You get the feeling he spent nights dreaming about doing that. Probably would have waited until they were up the ladder a bit but meh, all in good fun!

Got the feeling that this game will make or break Freo. For my sake, hope it makes them.

Geez mate, I said enjoy it, don't make an ass of yourself. You're a pretty easy target and I was being respectful to your situation.:rolleyes:

Can I ask what is respectful about that?

I'm not sorry I'm enjoying myself, I haven't been able to do so in a very long time and may not get another chance to this season.

Stop being so sensitive.

Has anyone actually put a line through Freo?

Ludicrous....I think they are still very likely to finish top four and are going to be a tough proposition for the cats in a few weeks time. That game was an anomaly.

Can I ask what is respectful about that?

I'm not sorry I'm enjoying myself, I haven't been able to do so in a very long time and may not get another chance to this season.

Stop being so sensitive.

I wasn't being sensitive at all, I was being respectful and said to enjoy it.

respectful (rɪˈspɛktfʊl)
adj
1. full of, showing, or giving respect

I said in the previous post enjoy your time in the sun as you guys have clearly had a tough season. I don't begrudge anyone of that (barring WCE supporters of course). That my friend is "respectful" particularly in the context of a shocking loss. If I had of brought up the chip on your shoulder because of Lyon, Sirengate, Milnes allegations, cupboards full of wooden spoons etc this would be considered "dis-respectful".

I say it from the perceptive that Fremantle just got beaten by 60 points to the 18th placed team and you have an old (very old) team who have played a relentless game style for 3 years straight under Ross.

Considering you've been going on about our 'very old' team it was interesting to note in the geriatrics thread that we actually have the least amount of players turning 30 or over of any of the top 4.

Also interesting that Geelong have by far the most.

Just had a look at the players over 30 and those that will turn 30 before the end of 2014 from the sides currently in the top 8 (will do the bottom eight after lunch):

Sydney Swans
Adam Goodes (34)
Ryan O'Keefe (33)
Rhyce Shaw (32)
Ted Richards (31)
Lewis Roberts-Thomson (30)
Mike Pyke (30)
Nick Malceski (30 in August)

Geelong Cats
Corey Enright (32)
Steve Johnson (31)
Jimmy Bartel (30)
James Kelly (30)
Tom Lonergan (30)
Andrew Mackie (30 in August)
Hamish McIntosh (30 in September)
Jared Rivers (30 in October)
Mathew Stokes (30 in November)

Hawthorn Hawks
Brian Lake (32)
Sam Mitchell (31)
Shaun Burgoyne (31)
Brad Sewell (30)
Josh Gibson (30)
David Hale (30)
Luke Hodge (30)

Fremantle Dockers
Luke McPharlin (32)
Matthew Pavlich (32)
Aaron Sandilands (31)
Ryan Crowley (30)
Michael Johnson (30 in October)

Considering you've been going on about our 'very old' team it was interesting to note in the geriatrics thread that we actually have the least amount of players turning 30 or over of any of the top 4.

Also interesting that Geelong have by far the most.

meh' McIntosh, Stokes, Rivers, Mackie are all replaceable.

It's Bartel, Enright, Johnson & Kelly who are the big 4 that will impact the team if we don't get any more improvement from some highly touted youngsters.
In comparison to Fremantle's 30 year old's, they are all the difference between you finishing top 8 or completely falling away as you have no one to replace Pavlich (Gumbleton?), no one to replace your key defenders (McPharlin/Johnson) and even Crowley's decline will see the team suffer as what Geelong did when Lingy retired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back